Lead Network Engineer for network supporting major DoD Program Office and 2,500+ users. A successful candidate will have:
At least ten (10) years of practical analysis experience in network design, administration, operations, procedures, and troubleshooting.
Four (4) years of experience installing related equipment.
One (1) year of experience designing, preparing and modifying engineering documents, and drawings.
Certification in at least one the following: Security+
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT). Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Windows 2007 +
Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification
Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus Windows Server 2003 & 2008; Exchange and/or SQL
Level III technical certification in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 "Cyberspace Workforce Management" (or achieve within six months after TOA).
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: The equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS