Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides complex server maintenance.
8. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Minimum Education Required:
BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: The equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Minimum Experience Required:
At least ten (10) years of practical analysis experience in network design, administration, operations, procedures, and troubleshooting.
Four (4) years of experience installing related equipment.
One (1) year of experience designing, preparing and modifying engineering documents, and drawings.
Certification in at least one the following: Security+
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT). Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
Windows 2007 +
Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification
Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus Windows Server 2003 & 2008; Exchange and/or SQL
Level III technical certification in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 "Cyberspace Workforce Management" (or achieve within six months after TOA).
Top Secret clearance required at time of hire. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required. Individual must be eligible under the SAP Nomination Process for access to SAP/SAR, as well as SCI eligible.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS