Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Minimum Education Required:
High School diploma or GED; Completion the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties: Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other).
Minimum Experience Required:
Integrating, planning, coordinating, and facilitating information system related activities such as upgrade of hardware and software, JPO and system design development of computer network software, and implementation of internet and intranet site software.
Recommending and supporting process improvement initiatives.
Demonstrated experience with formal software verification and test to include experience with/knowledge of automated integration and testing techniques.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS