1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Minimum Education Required:
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a "Relevant Technical Discipline".
ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An AS or AA degree and an additional three (3) years of experience can be substituted for a BS or BS degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
At least seven (7) years of practical CEAT computer security experience in secure network and system design, analysis, procedure/test generation, test execution and implementation of computer/network security mechanisms.
ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: At least two (2) years of experience.
Minimum of five (5) years of management experience.
Possess two (2) years experience in Vulnerability Assessment and/or Risk Analysis. Demonstrated experience to develop solutions to problems relating to improvement of information assurance effectiveness, organizational structures, work methods and procedure efficiency, and resources requirements, utilization or control.
Demonstrated experience in developing and drafting JPO or project milestones, progress monitoring, financial, acquisition, quality control, maintenance, or training documentation related to information assurance activities.
Demonstrated experience in the use of automated management information systems in performing fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions related to information assurance activities.
Demonstrated experience in the implementation of RMF policies and procedures. Demonstrated experience in FISMA compliance reporting.
Demonstrated experience in the implementation of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides, ACAS scans and/or SCC scans
Possess Level III certification in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 "Cyberspace Workforce Management".
Top Secret clearance required at time of hire. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required. Individual must be eligible under the SAP Nomination Process for access to SAP/SAR.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS