Primary duty location is MARFORSOUTH Headquarters Doral, Florida with infrequent OCONUS travel in support of semi-annual planning conferences. Task functions and responsibilities include acting as the MCIOC Liaison Officer at MARFORSOUTH and coordinating MCIOC support to MARFORSOUTH or other SOUTHCOM organizations. Provide assistance to MCIOC and MARFORSOUTH to develop and establish the ability to conduct IO planning in support of Marine Forces preparing to, or deployed into the SOUTHCOM Area of Operations. Conduct responsive IO analysis, planning and targeting support to MARFORSOUTH operations, training exercises and initiatives. The Contractor must have the ability to conduct planning using various processes (e.g. Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES) and the Marine Corps Planning Process (MCPP).
Provides military subject matter expertise to assigned programs.
1. Provides analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
2. Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion.
3. Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational data.
4. Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
5. Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
6. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related experience supporting military operations.
Personnel assigned to support this requirement shall have prior SOUTHCOM experiences. Planning and operational experience should be at O-4/O-5 level with experience at Marine Corps MAGTF level. Foreign language proficiency (Spanish) preferred, but not required. Minimum training and background experience includes Bachelor Degree, Mid-level military school, three years of Information Operations experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS