GDIT is currently hiring in support of the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group (690 COG) performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations that includes defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority. The scope of this effort will provide support services to operate, sustain, and assure the availability of Air Force Information Networks (AFIN) to enable war-fighter mission execution.
- Installing, configuring, operating, maintaining, monitoring, administering, and troubleshooting of network and network defense technologies (e.g., firewalls, application-based firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web proxy devices and servers, and associated software)
- Respond to outages and resolving and documenting priority incident tickets
- Changing, upgrading, and patching boundary devices
- Maintaining and operating Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Troubleshooting and correcting IPS induced service issues
- Granting and restricting administrative access to boundary devices according to authorization rules (keep)
- Working with communication units to maintain and administer security boundary components at locations IAW DoD and AF standards and guidance
- Monitoring network boundaries to provide intrusion detection, identification, and internal/external IT threat analysis
- Preserving, protecting, recovering and reconstituting friendly cyberspace capabilities before, during and after network attacks
- Respond to and accomplishing change request actions and documenting changes, upgrades, patches (keep)
- Accomplishing network maintenance during the Government-prescribed maintenance windows
- Troubleshooting web connectivity problems (keep)
- Participating in project management, planning, implementation and installation to ensure configuration and integration conforms to baseline architectue
Please Note: Shift work is possible.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in firewall and/or administration and analysis.
- Experience supporting IAW DoD and US Air Force Standards for security boundary components/firewalls
- Experience working with Palo Alto Firewalls and/or Blue Coat Proxies preferred
- Experience working with Remedy Ticketing System
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher is required
- Palo Alto Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) and/or Blue Coat Proxy Certified Administrator a plus
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
Current Secret security clearance or higher, or be eligible for and obtain prior to starting work
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS