General Dynamics has an opening for an Avaya Voice Help Desk Specialist to program Avaya PBX system/station basic configurations in Communications Manager and Aura Messaging Manager. The candidate will program phone sets (digital, IP and analog), perform Moves, Additions, Changes (MACs), program digital, IP & analog station system configuration, changes, additions or deletions, add or remove telephones, program requested feature changes, provide voicemail support, program mailbox configurations (Aura Messaging 7 IA770 Messaging), complete password resets, program feature changes, add or delete user mailboxes, add or delete distribution lists, provide break/fix services on telephones, replace telephones, troubleshoot and resolve phone-/data-cabling issues, knowledge of station cabling and jacks, assist in identification and resolution of other vendor line/circuit problems, reaching a solution, troubleshoot issues related to lines/trunks, coordinate and act as focal point for problem resolution involving service provider.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
1. Avaya ACIS-level certifications in Aura Communication Manager and CM Messaging - Embedded (R6.X), Contact Center, and/or Conferencing. (Desirable)
2. Avaya ACSS-level certifications in Aura Communication Manager and CM Messaging - Embedded, Conferencing, Session/System Manager, Call Center Elite, Contact Center, and/or Experience Portal with Proactive Outreach Monitor. (Desirable)
3. Prior experience as an Avaya Tier II helpdesk engineer. (Desirable)
4. ITIL v3 Foundation (Optional)
5. Ability to obtain/retain an FAA-issued PIV badge/position of public trust. (Mandatory)
8-10 years of related telecommunications experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
2. Experience using Remedy.
3. Experience working with multi-tiered ticket handling/resolution systems
4. Monitor, maintain and administer the health of the corporate wide network infrastructure
5. Maintain and administer network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerance
6. Monitoring, managing, and troubleshooting Cisco, Juniper, and Nortel devices (AS5300,CS2100, VOIP, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
7. Monitor and troubleshooting Call Center System (ACD)
8. Proficient in administering VoIP
9. Document logical and physical network design changes
10. Switching protocols Spanning Tree, VTP, port grouping
11. Layer networking (MPLS, etc)
12. Follow ITIL-based process and procedures and escalate for technical assistance
13. Advise and make recommendations to management concerning infrastructure and related LAN issues
14. Validate and coordinate all scheduled maintenance
15. Understand client's operational and sustainment methodologies and processes
16. Gain familiarity with the client's current voice enterprise infrastructure
17. Present Monitoring/Test Results and Reports
18. Perform/support Voice Enterprise Services integration testing as required
Ability to obtain/retain an FAA PIV badge (MANDATORY).
Selected applicant must be able to proficiently read, write and speak English.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS