Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, modification, and testing of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
2. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of considerable complexity.
6. Evaluates the form, fit, and function of components, apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
7. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations, and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related experience troubleshooting, testing, refurbishing, maintaining and repairing MK-32 SVTT or other Navy Combat Systems.
Mechanical apititue required; knowledge of Navy shipboard protocols; willing to travel; positive attitude; team oriented; good organizational skills; able to read technical manuals, drawings and procedures. Able to lift 50 lbs; work in outside conditions; able to climb ladders and stairs.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Previous experience operating forklifts is desirable.
Active Security Clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS