Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The Systems Administrator (SA) will work as part of an elite and agile team responsible for maintaining and improving system functionality through proactive interaction with the customer, comprehensive understanding of their primary GEOINT exploitation system, and knowledge of the production mission. The successful candidate will provide on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support through troubleshooting and implementing appropriate solutions to software/hardware anomalies as they occur. The SA will troubleshoot VDI endpoints, virtual machines and Geospatial/corporate software issues as well as make corrective recommendations as necessary. Likewise the candidate should be able to quickly respond to application/hardware related issues, resolve on the spot problems (where possible), replicate the issue for internal analysis/diagnosis, and assist in the preparation of technical documentation that can accurately depict the problem and/or solution for feedback to the team.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Basic knowledge or understanding of the following methodologies:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS