Conducts 24/7 Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) support activities on Geosynchronous Space Situational Awareness Program (GSSAP) mission system or Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) mission systems. . Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Typical tasks include perform monitoring operations; report cyber security events and anomalies; provide analysis and recommendations, Vulnerability Management (VM) and Malware Protection / Vulnerability Assessment and Analysis (VAA), Intrusion Analysis and Correlation Information, incident handling, mission operations transfer, exercise and assessment support.
Other Tasks may include:
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Appropriate CSSP certification per DoD 8570.01-M for CSSP Analyst and CSSP Incident Responder categories.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
3+ years experience in CSSP certfied work.
Prior experience with any of the tools below is highly desirable.
Will utilize LogRhythm, Bro and Snort IDSs, HBSS, Wireshark and SolarWinds tools to perform detect, protect and respond functions.
Note: Shift work is possible.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS