• Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
• Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
• Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, laptops, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
• Act as onsite operator for other technical and organizational teams to provide hands/eyes support as well as standard administration functions.
• Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
• Provides technical support and training to end-users.
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• The work is typically performed in one or more office environments, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The GDIT office will be a fast paced work environment supporting hundreds of employees primarily working out of cubicles. Some lifting will be required, average is 50 pounds or less. Carts will be provided for heavier items. Some local travel will be required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 3-5 years of directly related experience supporting end-user computing and customer support.
• Strong written and oral communication, and excellent customer server skills are required.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Workstation, operating systems, and common applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
• Experience with desktop/laptop and application support
• Support for handheld devices (Blackberry, iOS, Android, Windows), a plus
• Solid understanding of basic networking principles
• Operational knowledge of the following is a plus: Active Directory and Group Policy, SharePoint, and Microsoft System Center products
• Must be able to obtain security clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS