The System Architect’s primary responsibility is to ensure GDIT’s success with cloud and hybrid cloud initiatives. Candidates must be able to translate business requirements & strategy into future robust and secure solutions leveraging a suitable cloud provider and model (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS).
• Designs and develops security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems.
• Designs and supports the execution of architecture road maps that promote optimum utilization of Cloud resources
• Performs complex systems and applications development and design work that may include logic design, model formulation, and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and systems engineering tasks.
• Develops logical and physical technology documentation for existing or proposed systems.
• Develops and conducts quality review to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
• Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as needed
• Servers as subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other departments.
• Collaborates with other departments and IT to develop business cases associated with new project requests.
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced architects, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Master's Degree preferred.
20 or more years of related systems engineering experience.
• Experience with Access and Identity Management Suites
• Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms
• Experience architecting solutions with multiple cloud providers
• Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
• Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
• Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
• Candidates should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
• Must be capable of working independently on complex tasks which require analysis and action.
• Work hours may include meetings scheduled outside of normal working hours. Demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours. Occasional travel may be required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS