Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs expert level engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of highly complex electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Provides engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients, and may also advise other internal groups.
3. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
4. Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
6. Serves as technical task or project lead.
7. Recommends major changes in procedures or objectives.
8. Originates and applies new and unique engineering methods and procedures.
9. Represents the organization in outside discussions and technical forums.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies through advanced research.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Masters Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Doctorate Degree preferred.
15-20 years of related engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS