Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Provides liaison and technical integration support.
4. Reviews technical proposals for future system upgrades and acts as a mediator to deconflict between technical vendors.
5. Plans, coordinates, and deconflicts stakeholder meetings. Publishes meeting notes and tracks actions to completion.
6. Develops, documents, and plans technical support.
7. Tests, pre-mission readiness checks for equipment, training, design, and skillset assessments.
8. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
9. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
10. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
11. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
12. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
13. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
14. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
15. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
16. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
17. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
18. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
This position supports a major technical effort that operates 24x7, has deployed personnel, requires continual software upgrades, hardware releases, and requires working with commercial vendors and federal organizations and agencies.
Travel is limited to the Washington, DC metro area.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS