Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
1. Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests complex electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
2. Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
3. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
4. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
5. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
6. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
7. Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
8. Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced team members.
10. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Read and understand wiring diagrams, wiring tables and schematics. Solder. Use test equipment, Voltmeters, Current meters, Ohmmeters, Oscilloscopes, power supplies, meggers, micro ohmmeters. Work on Electric motors, High and low voltage power distribution (AC and DC), Batteries (charging and replacing), Electric motor control systems. Make up cable assemblies.
Requires an Associate's Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related electrical experience.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
Navy training a plus.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS