General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Sr Drafter / CAD Operator to support the ASG-KU Department of Public Work (DPW) within the Kuwait Area of Responsibility (AOR). This program performs construction management services including but not be limited to, observation, inspection and/or oversight of construction associated with the various DPW and ASG-KU projects.
Prepares and maintains blueprints, maps, charts, graphs, and other technical drawings.
1. Prepares detailed drawings of mechanical and electronic components, assemblies, and engineering change orders.
2. Prepares drawings from detailed notes and specifications.
3. May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
4. Verifies completed work and checks dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
5. May use a PC or CAD workstation.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced drafters, and may have limited supervisory responsibility.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant tools and equipment as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires an Associates Degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical/vocational/military training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related drafting experience.
Physically fit and capable of operating in strenuous environments and climates to include heat, dust, and cold
Prior familiarity with U.S. Government or military construction required
Personnel will be required to become familiar with Unified Facility Codes
Personnel must be able to pass a USG background check in order to comply with base access
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS