Click column header to sort
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration, and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs, and systems
GDIT has an opportunity for a User Interface (UI) /User Experience (UX) Developer / Human Factors Engineer to join our team in the modernization of the Provider Enrollment Chain of Ownership System (PECOS) for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), with a heavy emphasis on ensuring that the end-user experience for provider and administrators meets the high standards set by Medicare, America’s most popular healthcare brand. GDIT is seeking truly knowledgeable talent that understand the provider lifecycle, are knowledgeable with the data structures and are highly skilled in their technical execution.
The UI/UX Web Design Lead will be responsible for the user interface design and development of our customer-facing applications and websites with the aspiration to achieve industry-leading web design. In this role you will provide information architecture direction, technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development and implementation of our web development. To be successful, you will have business knowledge that provides the ability, when given business objectives and requirements for any project, to translate these into a cohesive and usable end product.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for a full lifecycle of Responsive design: content-first design, logic flows, storyboards, personas, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, sitemaps, high fidelity prototypes, and UI specifications, to provide end-to-end dynamic, database driven design flows
- Constructs pages in HTML and CSS (with SASS), with coding around templating languages or within CMS systems
- Working in an Agile Software Development environment, team with product owners, business analysts, and product development to clarify and define business requirements as they apply to the UI
- Craft UX engagements, particularly in a graphical user interface (GUI) environment, that exceed customer expectations by partnering with key product stakeholders to understand and support product business goals, advocating user-centered design (UCD) industry best practices
- Analyze available usage metrics for trends, patterns, issues, and opportunities for UX optimization
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Administrator, Systems – Systems Administrator (L3)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices,
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Ability to provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Be able to provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification Sec+CE or equivalent
- Computing Env: MCSA Server 2012 or 2016 - must take test one 70-410 or 70-740 prior to starting and must obtain the full MCSA Server certification within 180 days from start date.
- Certification Requirements can be modified based on mission and contractual requirements.
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Must be willing travel based on customer requirements
Core hours 0700-1500. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining audit-ready documentation for all transactions made through procurements, transfers or property turn-ins. Candidate will assist in the preparation and generation of annual/weekly reports, resolve discrepancies and conduct full inventories of respective equipment. The selected candidate will be responsible for determining disposition of property turn-in materials for reuse, destruction, or recycling. Responsible for reviewing manifest, routing slips and other documentation to ensure material is correctly addressed, label and routing appropriately to the designated locations. Candidate is responsible for safely moving material and/or upload trucks by hand or by using handling equipment in a warehouse environment (i.e. forklifts or pallet jacks) in accordance with safety requirements and procedures. The selected candidate should be able to obtain a considerable amount of knowledge of sponsor office and logistics policies and regulations that pertain to storage, shipping, and handling of materials (to include specialized materials such as weapons, ammunition, and HAZMAT) must be detail orientated and validate all shipping order numbers, piece counts and serial numbers for accurate record keeping and verification purposes. Must have the ability to professionally interact with customer base to set up drop off appointments and work with them face to face and via electronic means. Candidate must document all discrepancies and notify all relevant parties.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Technical expert on complex and sophisticated systems/equipment to support the procurement, overhaul and repair process.
- The work requires an intensive, practical knowledge of equipment and its characteristics and properties in order to provide specialized information about equipment together with related advice to those who design, test, produce, procure, supply, operate, repair, or dispose of equipment.
- Technical/Sustainment Analysts also recommend practical solutions to engineering design and manufacturing defects and recommend the use of substitute testing or support equipment.
- Performs logistics tasks as needed; i.e. inventory of equipment.
Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work. Work involves a variety of the following duties: replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings, repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets, painting structures and equipment; repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles, hanging doors and installing door locks, and performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery. Excluded are: a. Skilled craft workers required to demonstrate proficiency in one or more trades; eg. (fitting / mechanical) B. Workers performing simple maintenance duties not requiring practical skill and knowledge of a trade.
Candidate will perform services for combat systems and ships improvement plans.
1) The successful candidate will be welding/fitting in accordance with SMAW, FCAW welding procedures needed to repair, modify, and install various structures, foundations and piping systems associated with Shipboard Systems Installations.
2) Must be able to transport welding machine and leads to various locations on board ship.
3) The candidate must be able to perform with minimum supervision while performing daily duties..
The Site Manager is responsible for the successful execution of the PWS requirements for the Site, including but not limited to, accountability and maintenance of assigned equipment, providing quality customized training to units and individuals, and meeting requirements of Medical Readiness Training Command (MRTC) Commander's vision.
The Site Manager ensures contract staff personnel at the site meet or exceed: ensuring DEPMEDS and associated individual and collective training is accomplished IAW USARC, MRTC, and AMEDDC&S guidelines; ensuring property accountability at all times, conducting inventories as required by MRTC; enforcing a Physical Security plan that protects Government furnished equipment, facilities, and supplies; coordinating training with Unit Commanders to ensure the unit receives the training necessary to meet unit objectives; ensuring all information management and administrative functions are performed effectively; providing executive level training for senior leaders, officers and NCOs to familiarize them with the equipment and capabilities at RTS-MED. Continually communicates with the PMO and the Government SD on the status of various functional areas, ensuring that any potential issues are identified in advance and risk mitigation principles are instituted.
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, individual and collective training, maintenance, and budget act
- Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation. Communicates policies, purposes and goals of the organization.
- Directs program activities to meet customer and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.Interfaces with the Site Director and staff on a regular basis.
- Ensures property accountability at all times, conducts inventories as required by the PBO IAW Army regulations and SOPs. Ensures timely and proper reconciliation of discrepancies found during inventories between the PBO and sub-hand receipt holders.
- Maintains consolidated records of maintenance and training. Provides required program reports, CDRLs, and other deliverables as specified in the PWS.
- Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
- Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Coordinates and monitors subcontractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
- Performs site financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement. Uses project management tools to produce schedules, monitor workloads and resources.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards at all times, and insists all employees do the same.
- Monitors working conditions and safety of employees and customers.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to superiors as requested.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Experience working with cryptographic products that range from large communications systems to circuit card assemblies. Expert knowledge in on or more of the following areas is required:
1. Type 1 COMSEC certification process and key management
2. Good knowledge of any or all of the following:
- Type 1 Cryptographic products (e.g. KG-175D, KG-175G, KG-175X, KG-245, KG250, KG345, KG350)
b. TEMPEST; encryption, key management (e.g. Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) Common Tier 1 System), and communications standards
c. Computer Security; data networks, protocols & related cryptographic equipment integrated circuits
d. Sectra vIPer
e. Data Transfer Devices (e.g. AN CYZ 10, Simple Key Loader, DTD2000(KIK20), RASKL (KIK30)
Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally to customers on all levels. Must demonstrate a sense of mission and urgency when responding to actions.
Must have served as a COMSEC Custodian
The appointed COMSEC Specialist/Custodian should have completed some of following courses:
1. TACLANE - General Dynamics
2. CBT ND-111 COMSEC Accountability & Control
3. NSA COMSEC Course (IAEC-2112)
4. Local COMSEC Management SW (LCMS)
5. Security Refresher Information Assurance (IA) Training
6. Ability to understand and interpret DIA's COMSEC Program
Respond to Siebel Service Requests that identify a COMSEC issue reported by the customer, Watch Officer, or management. Must be able to work with other support personnel either in-house or at the field site to resolve operational issues in a timely manner
Team with and provide support to the Network Operations and Maintenance to troubleshoot and resolve network, TACLANE and crypto problems. Understand how the network has been engineered to include the circuits. Understanding the importance of remote management of devices using various crypto management solutions.
Establish and maintain accurate accounting records and files. Maintain associated COMSEC databases to ensure all outgoing transfers of COMSEC items are properly transferred and logged into the access database. All memos requesting transfer must be filed along the Standard Form (SF) 153. Ensure all packages receive a tracking number.
Order new keys before expiration date and ensure the new key arrives in time to the various COMSEC accounts.
Perform database updates and queries; produce reports for key expiration, etc.
Ensure that all residential requests are signed before issuance of secure communications equipment. Ensure the tracking database is accurate and paperwork is filed accordingly. Perform consolidated inventory every six months (June and December).
Ensure that COMSEC levels for operational and contingency key is adequate in the vault.
Maintain a current inventory of all COMSEC material, and be aware of the location of such material and the purpose for which it is held. A semi-annual inventory (SAIR) will be completed every six months and when there is a custodial change. Conduct, supervise or request required inventories to be performed, including daily inventories.
Provide vital COMSEC information to out-going Operations Commanders to educate them on the function of crypto and the importance of timely rekeying and return of COMSEC equipment
Destroy COMSEC material as prescribed or directed.
Interface with Network Engineers and Maintenance teams to be aware of new and discontinued circuits.
Pull message traffic related to COMSEC daily. Review messages for COMSEC require actions.
Update and file element memos appointing hand receipt holders to ensure that the database is accurate and includes the date of memo and consolidated inventory. Issue consolidated inventory every six months. Provide hand receipt holder training to new appointies and refresher training for existing.
Oversee the transportation of equipment to personnel in CONUS and OCONUS locations. Ensure appropriate funding is available to meet requirements.
Participate and represent the COMSEC Team to streamline processes and communicate procedures, security guidelines and policy. Work to fix any inefficiency.
Support, review and perform site assessments abroad to address vulnerabilities and operational risks. Prepare after action/trip reports upon return (within 5 business days).
- Personnel with KMI training are preferred.
- Previous leadership experience required, will manage a three person team
- Self Starter, iniatative
- Positive outlook
- Interpersonal communciation
- Motivates others to complete tasks
THIS POSITION IS NOT YET FUNDED.
General Dynamics Information Technology is a premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. We deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security, the intelligence community, and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems. GDIT is currently seeking a Program Director in Northern Virginia to join our team. This position requires an individual with a broad skillset that can lead a large Information Technology Infrastructure Service Delivery organization, drive new business organic growth, and build customer relationships to understand our customers’ evolving needs.
GDIT will support more than 80,000 Federal employees, Contractors, and support personnel at various sites. In support of the mission space, GDIT will assume responsibility for legacy infrastructure sustainment and provide IT support services for all technologies in the IT environment. The combination of IT support services will improve service delivery, interoperability, and operational effectiveness while decreasing cost and risk for the Government.
As a Program Director, you will function as the senior business leader on the program determining our customers’ needs and priorities, coordinating technical solution responses to those needs, helping to shape customer acquisitions, and positioning GDIT to deliver best-in-class services. In addition, you will coordinate with other Program Directors in the sector to infuse enterprise best practices across Service Delivery, Proposals, and Customer Satisfaction.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.