Click column header to sort
Network Engineer (O&M)
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
1. Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
2. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
3. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
4. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
5. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
6. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
7. May perform network administration duties.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Juniper route/snitch knowledge is preferred.
10. Must possess CCNA or equivalent certification with intent to complete Professional level certification within 1st year.
11. Must possess Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
12. Knowledge and experience of Network Automation using tools such as Ansible playbooks, templates, and python scripting.
Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise, our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
Performs forensic analysis of digital information and gathers and handles evidence. Identifies network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators, and coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitors Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Position may require evening, weekend or shift-work (depending on operational tempo).
The Defense Division of GDIT is hiring an Accountant Associate to work out of our Falls Church, VA office.
As the Accountant Associate, you will perform a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day to day operations of the billing and collection dept., such as, reporting, maintaining the Iron Mountain record management activities, including file room upkeep, ordering supplies, filing and distributing mail. Additional responsibilities includes tracking Government closeout checklist completions, along with maintaining a daily DCAA audit log. This positon may also require supporting the collection process by recording status updates on unpaid invoices.
Participates in special projects, including standard system enhancement testing as assigned.
Senior Service Desk Support Specialist
Secret Clearance (SSBI)
Pyongtaek (Camp Humphreys), Korea
This position offers an exciting opportunity supporting a real world mission in Seoul, South Korea “The Land of the Morning Calm”. South Korea is a very exciting place to be as it provides numerous opportunities for you, your family and friends to experience a great diverse culture of people, activities and foods. Being located in South Korea also lends itself to the convenience of being able to travel and visit surrounding countries such as Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, etc. This is truly a unique opportunity.
Proficient in English (Bi-lingual ability in Korean and English is preferred). This environment requires working with senior military officers of both the Korean and US militaries; therefore, prior experience working with the military is preferred.
As a Senior Service Desk Support Specialist, working in a 24x7 Operations & Maintenance (O&M) environment, you will provide courteous, professional and prompt customer service, support and expert troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems, CENTRIXS-K and SIPR Networks and applications while communicating over NIPR Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) or secure telephones.
Additional Service Desk duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide professional and courteous first line response to trouble calls and service requests of customers dispersed throughout the Korean Theater of Operations (KTO).
- Completely and accurately enter all customer information (e.g., customer, organization, location, etc) into the U.S. Army Communications Information Systems Activity – Pacific (USACISA-P) Trouble Ticket System while ensuring the nature of the specific problem is as detailed as possible.
- Provide Tier I service support. Aggressively pursue solutions to customer issues such as account creation, password resets, IP address requests for printers, laptop re-image requests, etc. Additionally, identify and prioritize the impact of Incidents and service requests within each work order.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer problems and service requests. Escalate unresolved hardware and software issues to higher level service Tiers (Tier 2 and 3) within times specified in the USACISA-P Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Continuously monitor, triage, and follow up on work orders in the USACISA-P Trouble Ticket System to ensure each resolution meets time constraints set by the USACISA-P Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and achieves customer satisfaction.
- On a semi-annual basis, and more often if required, perform internal reviews and updates of the USACISA-P Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform enterprise monitoring of real-time health of CENTRIXS-K and SIPR Networks to include routers, switches, servers, applications and services using both commercial and locally created Enterprise Monitoring Systems (e.g, Trackit, IPAM, Catapault, ITIL Service Operations Portal).
- Train all new hires, Full-Time Equivalents & Surge personnel receive adequate Service Desk training. Support training personnel in developing training aids for Service Desk Support Specialists.
- Support Service Desk Management in identifying user training needs when new technologies are brought into the enterprise, such as client software upgrades, any above baseline software (such as Agile Client), or new baseline software or hardware; any change which is a significant departure from current technologies.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Systems Technican / Field Serice Support Specialist
Pyongtaek (Camp Humphreys) Korea
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
6. Plan, design, install and maintain classified CENTRIXS-K data communications networks and provide computer systems support for United States and Republic of Korea Military and Civilian units on a 24/7 basis. Maintain and troubleshoot over 1000+ Cisco network equipment and a few thousands of computer systems.
7. Resolve network trouble tickets for CENTRIXS-K connectivity. Troubleshoot both hardware and software issues on computer systems and WAN communications equipment: routers, switches, fiber optic media converters, modems, and cryptographic devices (TACLANE and KIV-7). Coordinate with 1st Signal Brigade and Korean Telecom to resolve any circuit problems.
8. Fabricate, terminate and test site-specific Category 5e/6 and Multi-mode / Single-mode fiber optic cabling, using fiber optic tool kit.
9. Build CENTRIXS-K circuits by assembling the WAN communications equipment and programming routers, switches, KG175D, KIV-7s and modems.
10. Build or image CENTRIXS-K and GCCS-J workstations.
11. Maintain network diagrams and cable runs (in accordance with DIACAP standards).
12. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
13. Conduct site surveys and provide network engineering solutions to C4I customers.
14. Supervise and coordinate with a local Korean Protected Distribution System (PDS) contractor for classified network installations and provide in progress Quality Control.
15. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Additional LOE may be required depending on number of moves. Core Hrs.: 0700-1530. Candidates may be required to start their day in different locations around WMA. Candidate will determine safest loading procedures for materials loaded and unloaded. Learn and execute dock and lift gate safety. Have capabilities to understand SONs and understand labels. Learn Sponsors buildings and loading dock operations for each. Will learn how to validate material contents are properly accounted for against packing list/manifest, for all units of measure. Carefully inspect all received shipments for any damage before signing for material. Will learn and perform all sorting, staging, and storing of material. Must receive a forklift certification within 45 days of start date and maintain certification. Demonstrate basic computer skills to support SON labeling printing, manifest documents, and navigate Sponsors databases.
General Dynamics Information Technology, Federal and Civil Service Division, has an opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer to support enterprise wide systems to include system authentication, cyber security efforts, and enterprise load balancing. The enterprise operation is responsible for the server, storage and backup infrastructures consisting of the messaging system which supports approximately 30,000 mailboxes; the authentication and monitoring systems; infrastructure for the financial systems; and mobile enterprise offerings serving 12,000 employees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support cyber security initiatives for the messaging, mobility and Active Directory services
- Support to address new cyber security measures, specifically those dealing with strengthening the security around the use of privileged account management using two-factor authentication and the security hardening of mobility, messaging and authentication infrastructures
- Support is needed to gain engineering personnel with background in the use of public key infrastructure, two-factor authentication, third-party proxy administration software, privileged access management and monitoring, and change auditing and alerting that current personnel lack experience in deploying
- As a member of the team this position requires the incumbent to provide on-call escalation support
- Development, maintenance and enforcement of operational and functional policies/procedures that govern the authentication and mobility infrastructures and enterprise load balancing of the server infrastructure
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
This position supports the program’s Cloud Support Services (CSS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the CSS Team the Hybrid Cloud Lab Engineer’s expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise hybrid cloud lab environment.
The Hybrid Cloud Lab Engineer will be responsible for the management and execution of all Datacenter and Cloud Lab environments and ensuring connectivity between the environments to meet the business area’s strategic objectives. The Lab Engineer will work closely with a variety of stakeholders to provide internal services to CSS teams, such as architects, engineers, and developers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with management and architects to align the lab’s architecture to strategic and tactical goals
- Be a technical lead for major initiatives, changes and deployments in the lab, and handle the diagnosis of complex issues within the virtual environment
- Responsible for managing and maintaining network configurations and virtualization environments
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the installation and maintenance of all physical infrastructure
- Ensure appropriate security and hardening measures are in place for development and test environments
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all lab cloud environments and assist in controlling cost in cloud accounts
- Coordinate with other services lanes (Storage Team, Database Team, etc.) for larger lab deployments
- Write and maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations using Visio, GitLab, and SharePoint
Performs a variety of routine administrative tasks in support of the facility security function.
1. Performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the facility security function, including assisting employees with obtaining ID badges and processing visit requests.
2. May operate a switchboard or telephone console to route incoming calls and place outgoing local and long-distance calls.
3. Assists employees in acquiring security clearance when required via secured database.
4. Responsible for classified document control, coordinating the reproduction, storage, or destruction of classified documents.
5. Establishes and maintains security related files.
6. Enters security information into automated system and runs related reports as needed.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant DOD and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
8. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Electronic Warfare (EW) and Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT) Training Specialist Trainerat CSCS Norfolk, VA.
Develops; organizes; and conducts training on advanced warfare tactics and the associated EW systems including JTT, BEWT, and all variants of AN/SLQ-32 for Fleet sailors utilizing approved Navy combat tactics, techniques and procedures. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and laboratory support on various Surface Platforms.
- Serve as a curriculum or guided discussion instructor and deliver complex training courses in support of AEGIS and/or Ships Self Defense Systems (SSDS) training objectives.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in EW/JTT and related materials.
- Establish and review course content and objectives in accordance with Naval Education and Training Command (NETC) standards.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills and interface with junior and senior personnel while conducting training sessions or evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Participate in special projects, maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies, and be versed in the use of training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
- Maintain records of training activities and participate in progress/program effectiveness reviews.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.