Click column header to sort
Coordinates with the program Operations Manager to develop and execute strategy and operational plans in support of a USSOCOM web-based MISO effort. Coordinates guidance, authorities, objectives, priorities, mission area analysis, assessment data and program capabilities to develop CONOPs for program activities. Liaises with other organizations to coordinate and prioritize authorities, permissions, and support to current and future operations. Provides reports summarizing team efforts and strategies. Serves as subject matter expert on program capabilities, authorities, applications, best practices, and procedures to leaders, staff, components, other DoD organizations, subordinate commands, allied and partner nations and associated organizations, and interagency entities for coordination, synchronization, and de-confliction of efforts. Some travel will be required for inter-agency coordination. Ability to work nonstandard hours and in on-call status for periods of time may be required.
System Operations Center (SOC) Manager is responsible for oversight and technical management of Tier 1 work rhythm, standard operating procedures (SOP's), and coordination of tasks through the enterprise service delivery tool - SupportWorks and managing tickets from Tier 1 through 3.
• Setting a service desk business rhythm
• Managing the service delivery team consisting of Tier 1 resources
• Defining, capturing, and communicating service delivery workflows and tools
• Coordinating the movement of products and platforms from Test to Production environments
• For programmatic tasks, following guidance and procedures from our Project Management Framework (PMF)
• Collaborate with technical resources to ensure resolution of production issues
• Communicate system health and metrics to workforce and Government Operations Manager
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Enterprise service delivery
- IT ticketing system experience
- Team Lead/Manager experience
- Developing/updating SOP's,
- Metrics collection and reporting
- Experience managing a service/help desk,
- Experience managing to SLA's or KPI's,
Desired certifications: ITIL Foundations
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks
- Excellent understanding of multiple vendor SATCOM architecture and hardware
- Strong understanding of satellite bandwidth/PEB capacity management
- Ability to perform link budget analysis
- Experience with airborne SATCOM technology
- Ability to implement network management application/tools
- Understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and technologies
- Knowledge of WGS and DoD service implementation process
System Administrators are responsible for the creation, validation, and distribution of the processes/procedures for implementation in the customer's infrastructure to improve resolution time for IT services and support, create/improve automated processes, and leverage industry best practices that enable a responsive flexible workforce to support the customer's mission.
Tasks will include:
- Processing account access requests
- Configuration, adding, deleting file systems
- Performing backups and restorations as needed
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software
- Creating procedures for the creation, deletion, or revision of user account information
- Create and document resolutions for system/application anomalies
- Identifying, analyzing, and implementing process changes within the IT infrastructure
Core hours 0700-1500. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining audit-ready documentation for all transactions made through procurements, transfers or property turn-ins. Candidate will assist in the preparation and generation of annual/weekly reports, resolve discrepancies and conduct full inventories of respective equipment. The selected candidate will be responsible for determining disposition of property turn-in materials for re-use, destruction, or recycling. Responsible for reviewing manifest, routing slips and other documentation to ensure material is correctly addressed, label and routing appropriately to the designated locations. Candidate is responsible for safely moving material and/or upload trucks by hand or by using handling equipment in a warehouse environment (i.e. forklifts or pallet jacks) in accordance with: safety requirements and procedures. The selected candidate should be able to obtain a considerable amount of knowledge of sponsor office and logistics policies and regulations that pertain to storage, shipping, and handling of materials (to include specialized materials such as weapons, ammunition, and HAZMAT). Must be detail orientated and validate all shipping order numbers, piece counts and serial numbers for accurate record keeping and verification purposes. Must have the ability to professionally interact with customer base to set up drop off appointments and work with them face to face and via electronic means. Candidate must document all discrepancies and notify all relevant parties.
Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
- Performs routine technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
- Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation to ensure conformance with design specifications.
- Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions, and makes necessary repairs.
- Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Core hours 0700-1500. Serve as a senior responsible party, update accountability system as needed for over 1200 assets. Must be able to resolve discrepancies by: physically tracking down items, researching and completing documentation, removing duplicates. Incumbent will also be required to pull reports from stock management system as needed to help with reorders of items that are depleting and assist with submitting purchase request as needed. Provide weekly updates on activities for logistics metrics and other formal metric/activity reporting. Incumbent will be expected to provide status updates (informal or formal) to customers on actions they are coordinating with on logistical support. Monitor expenditure rates of office stock and generate reports and work with techs to submit requests to help manage replenishment's. Provide inventory and stock status reports at a minimum bi-monthly. Run canned reports in sponsor system at a minimum bi-monthly to ensure office stays in compliance with accounting polices. Update existing inventory and stock procedures and identify areas of improvement. Will be the subject matter expert for all stock and inventory held by office, will be required to train others at various sites. Required to review all transactions of designated responsible parties and release cables as needed to assist with accounting for inventory. Candidate should have the ability to create a bi-monthly report and create/verify daily transactions as needed. Must be forklift certified and be able to use pallet jack to move items during inventories.
Tier II Systems Administrator
General Dynamics is seeking a Tier II Systems Administrator for our Naval customer in Crane Indiana. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
Tier II Systems Administrator
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Perform workstation, server, network, and application scanning to determine vulnerability risks that may exist
- Review and identify known risks according to Cyber Security requirements and mitigate known risks acceptable levels as determined by the ISSO to reduce the likelihood of risk to the system
- Support the design, development, and integration of software/hardware based solutions
- Install software application that provide or enhance the security of individual platforms, systems, and/or networks
- Conduct analyses and record findings on current patch compliance status of computers for use in the Assessment & Authorization process
- Apply appropriate updates to systems as required to maintain CS compliance in accordance with DOD directives
- Support government personnel in the administration and information removal of hard drive, tape, and optical disc in accordance with local and DOD policy to enhance the data integrity of the system.
- Configure and implement CS Assessment & Authorization security controls in accordance with local procedures
- Provide hardware and software support for network connected workstations, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) devices, applications, and printers to ensure that operability requirements are up to dates and that the devices meet CS hardware configuration requirements
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Core Hours 6:30 am-3:00 pm inspect, diagnose and isolate vehicle and equipment malfunctions; troubleshoot, trace and locate defects and/or cause of mechanical problems to determine type and extent of necessary repairs; diagnose problems using a full range of diagnostic and testing equipment to determine whether to repair in house or hire a vendor; coordinate vendor repairs and get price quote to perform emergency and minor repairs when required on vehicles and equipment including but not limited to brakes, tune-ups, trailer door repairs, leaks, air hoses, belts, oil changes, batteries, lighting, locks, windows, starters, alternators, sensors and hydraulics. Mechanic uses on-board computer diagnostic systems and other test automotive computer control and emission systems; assesses and analyzes malfunctions of machinery using microcomputers, calipers, gauges, and other equipment. ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, floor charts, logic ladders, service manuals in order to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment. Mechanic has the ability to use various tools such as hand and power tools, shop equipment; scanners determine trouble codes; diagnoses equipment to include various meters and gauges related to automotive repair. Mechanic responds to emergency road calls for disabled sponsor vehicles within the local area and makes minor adjustments, or has the vehicle towed back to sponsor compound or third party maintenance vendor for repairs. Mechanic performs emergency road calls for disabled vehicles. Mechanic is required to road test vehicles as needed. Forklift certification is required. ASE Certification (provide to sponsor point of contact within thirty (30) days of employment Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with all endorsements. Mechanic may assist senior mechanic or sponsor personnel with regular (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) reports to sponsor management as required by sponsor standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Supports compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Supports the testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Supports complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Supports the routine testing and analysis of all elements of network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems and recommends improvements to the network.
Provides direct administrative support to a member of the ELT or senior customer executive.
Hrs: Monday-Thursday 8:30-2:30. If lunch taken add 1/2 hour or 1 hr depending on how long is taken. Support a team of 5 Senior Executives. Coordinate with other SA and Executive Officers on meetings and events. Handle internal/external briefing, off-site, conference, domestic and/or foreign meetings. Serve as liaison between Senior Executives and other Sponsor Executives. Demonstrate proficiency in calendar management. Review incoming correspondence for deadlines and appropriate office actions, track action item responses and ensure deadlines are met. Maintain office written reference guides, logs and files. Proofread correspondence for correct format classification. Serve as primary timekeeper and custodian. Order supplies, schedule conference rooms. Prepare TDY travel and processing travel accounting. Submit passports/visas. Demonstrate to work independently or as part of team. Excellent oral and written skills. Able to adapt to rapid changing work environment.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.