Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking an IT Engineer with Microsoft Enterprise Systems Administrator experience to join our team in support of a Federal Intelligence Agency contract. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the IT Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include providing Tier 4 and Engineering support of maintaining multiple large Enterprise environment that spans CONUS and OCONUS boundaries. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple Microsoft based networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) environments.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- System Administrative duties to include Microsoft Server 2016/2012 management. To include management of Site and Services, Group Policy Management, and FinishActive Directory.
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory core services.
- Be familiar with file shares and NTFS permissions
- DNS management
- DHCP management
- System Administrative duties to include management of Windows 10 workstations and EVDI.
- Troubleshooting application functionality, crash and performance
- Investigate user performance and work with external teams to improve the baseline
- System Center Configuration Manager Administration to include:
- Collection and query creation and management. Application and Package creation and deployment.
- Content distribution, management and troubleshooting.
- Software Update deployment management and troubleshooting. Manage Software Update Groups, Manage Software Update Packages, Deploy Software Updates
- Reporting/Reports on Software Update, Deployment Success / Failure.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions. Responds to escalated service desk/team requests.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; work well within small and large team environments.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
IMPACTFUL WORK. SMART SOLUTIONS. MEANINGFUL CAREERS. Come join a fortune 500 company that touches the lives of millions in the Education Community. If you are interested in Big Data and Education, we can provide the perfect combination for you! Our office has a comfortable dress code and our team spirit is evident in our everyday work environment. We seek a candidate to perform the following tasks:
- Participates in the design and coding of software products. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, analysis and prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
- Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Support development schedule creation, maintenance and monitoring for assigned product(s) as necessary.
- Support the technical innovation process.
- Support the initiation, evaluation and testing process improvement and technology changes for assigned product(s).
- Review requirements documents from a development perspective and provide input/comments on defined requirements as necessary.
- Provide estimates for Change Requests and Proposals for development tasks as assigned.
- Participate in the requirements definition process for assigned product(s) to establish an understanding of system changes and their effect on current functionality.
- Document design of the system based on the approved changes for a given release in the Detail Design documents for the assigned Product(s).
- Update/Create code for the approved changes for a given release for the assigned Product(s).
- Create/document development tests to ensure the changes are completed as requested, per the approved changes for a given release.
- Execute development tests (interface and unit) for the assigned changes per the approved requirements for given release.
- Document results of executed development tests and provide support to the testing team on development related questions/issues.
- Provide timely status updates in JIRA logs that are being worked on throughout the testing phases.
- Implement/move code changes into the production environment if applicable.
- Provide operational support (i.e. identifying/resolving issues found in production) for assigned product(s) as appropriate.
- Serve as product(s) SME for assigned product(s) as appropriate and review user documentation for assigned product(s) as appropriate.
- Enter time into PWA against schedule related tasks in a timely manner.
- Support the creation/documentation of RCAs as appropriate.
- Required Languages and Frameworks: Java, J2EE, Angular.
- Required Software and IDEs: Eclipse, MyEclipse.
- Preferred skills: Cobal
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Personal accountability.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and maintain complex, mission-critical online and batch mainframe applications, as defined by customer-driven and internal program initiated requirements.
- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to serve as a team functional area lead developer.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and maintain current systems with minimal guidance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Prepare estimates for assigned development tasks and estimates for upcoming task order work based on new proposals and/or statements of work.
- Support the initiation, evaluation and testing process improvement and technology changes for assigned product(s)
- Develop/maintain design models based on new/updated requirements documents.
- Proficiently apply appropriate methodologies to design, code, test, implement and maintain mainframe systems.
- Prepare, write, review and maintain effective system documentation.
- Participate in requirements, detail design, and code/unit test case peer reviews.
- Create and execute unit test plans and cases for all assigned work.
- Support integration, functional, system and customer acceptance testing.
- Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Pinpoints strengths and weaknesses of various alternatives and selects or recommends appropriate decisions/solutions.
- Willingness to travel to customer site/meetings.
- CMMi experience preferred or experience in SDLC methods.
- Experience with JIRA or other issue/change tracking software.
GDIT provides full software development lifecycle support for a variety of highly complex business critical systems, including COTS and customized solutions. Our support includes program and project management, business requirements analysis, solutions architecture, and software engineering.
- Organize and facilitate SCRUM ceremonies: daily standups, Sprint Planning/Grooming, Sprint Reviews/Demos, and Retrospectives
- Maintain JIRA and other information for the teams (including Burndown charting, managing story points/sizing of sprint, etc.)
- Mentor and coach team members on core Agile values, principles, practices, and processes
- Manage teams to ensure adhere and meet established schedules
- Enable team to become self-organizing and self-managing to achieve its goals
- Work with the Product Management team to develop release plans and ensure product backlogs are well-groomed, prioritized and visible to all stakeholders
- Motivate teams to perform and ensure team members are collectively responsible for all aspects of the committed work (analysis, development, testing, documentation, etc.)
- Identify, address, and communicate project risks, dependencies, and team impediments
- Ensure the team’s “definition of done” is well defined on the story, sprint, and release levels
- Facilitate productivity through discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication, and improving transparency
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Coach a continuous improvement mindset and recommend adjustments to established delivery practices
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including customers
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Sr Cognos Programmer will have experience with the principles, concepts, methodologies and project management of Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) applications, including experience with federal HR data to support metadata modeling.
Duties to include:
- Provide analysis, requirements development, and documentation using Cognos 10 BI Framework Manager metadata modeling to include, but not limited to, DCPDS staging tables, DONCADS Data Warehouse.
- Provide analysis, requirements development and execution of Cognos 10 BI migrations and deployments.
- Gather, analyze, and document business requirements in support of migrations and deployments.
- Design, develop and implement reports, metrics and dashboards utilizing HTML, XML, Java, and Cognos 8 and/or 10 BI, ensuring no unauthorized cookies and/or plug ins are required. Provide Cognos system administration in support of Cognos 8 and/or 10 BI installation and upgrades, configuration, data integration, and data management.
- Generate and deliver test plans, test applications, migrate test applications to production, and transfer knowledge to client, in the form of Database Dictionaries, Standard Operating Procedures, and User Guides.
- Provide analysis and development of the HRLink utilizing Cognos 10 BI Framework Manager, Metrics Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio and Transformer.
- Develop analytical data extracts and power cubes via Cognos BI Analysis Studio and PowerPlay Studio.
- Develop a foundation and environment conductive to Balanced Scorecard data administration.
- Answer and resolve trouble calls related to Cognos BI, HRLink, serviced customers via HITS and email.
- Utilizing HRLink, execute and distribute standard reports on a monthly, weekly, or daily schedule adhering to Secure File Transfer Protocols Setup and Execute Automated Secure File Transfer Protocols.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of global supply chain management services, systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
- Replaces unserviceable ballistic glass in armored vehicles at diplomatic posts worldwide.
- Removes moldings, clips, windshield wipers, screws and bolts in preparation for installation or repair work.
- Applies moisture proofing compound along cut edges and installs glass in vehicle.
- Weatherproofs window or windshield and prevents it from rattling by installing rubber channeling strips around sides of glass
- Applies technical knowledge of armoring principles in order to put vehicles in operational condition and solve complex problems.
- May replace or adjust parts in window-raising mechanism.
- Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
**This position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position will perform a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer Directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic entry level administrative processes.
Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files.
- Identify records via electronic/hardcopy resources to be processed, locate records on shelves and move boxes/containers of records to/from each DCC process step.
- Prepare all document pages for scanning by removing bindings such as staples, rubber bands and paperclips.
- Separate pages from all types of bindings - 3-ring binders, GBC-type bindings, softcover, hardcover bindings, etc. Operate a paper cutter when necessary to remove bindings.
- Insert a variety of bar-coded separator and tracking sheets into each batch of records to distinguish documents and folders during the digitization process.
- Perform quality control reviews by comparing the digitized document images with the original source material to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100%verification of each scanned page image to ascertain image quality. Images which fail the review will be identified and marked for rescanning.
Maintain, update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets.
- Record manually or via a barcode scanner pertinent data describing archived files received for processing, including but not limited to the date of receipt, number of physical items, name of receiver, process step and container barcode/tracking number.
- Perform document/folder metadata entry in IMSO electronic databases/hardcopy files which will support the archiving of files.
- Input job/box data to support the tracking of archived files while in the DCC workflow.
- Capture and record associated document-level metadata. Examples of document metadata include title/subject, publication date, document type, classification, etc. Personnel shall enter metadata into the project specific database for each document as required. The number of metadata elements required will vary according to record type.
This position may require standing for long periods of time.
Participates in special projects as required.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
2. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
3. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
4. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
5. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
6. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
7. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
8. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
12. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to AFRICOM AOR.
15. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
16. Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
17. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
18. The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#BICES and #CJPOST
Job Responsibilities: Conduct the research necessary to develop and revise IT training courses and prepare appropriate IT training documentation and instructor materials; train personnel by conducting formal classroom courses, workshops, seminars, and/or computer based/computer aided training for software and hardware. Act as documentation specialist for standard operating procedures, instructions, and guides.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
· Develop, organize, and conduct training classes monthly and custom courses as necessitated by new software/hardware versions as well as customer feedback and configuration changes
· Develop IT course materials to address requests by end customers and IT managers including hands-on exercises, training documentation, class surveys, subject matter questionnaires and other course material as required
· Review metrics to identify areas needing new IT training necessary to proactively help users
· Direct structured learning experiences customized for divisions, regional offices or special populations as necessary
· Create and update learning/training materials and literature
· Maintain and update the training courses and materials repository
· Conduct QA review for technician tickets weekly. The ticket reviews require a completed documented form for each ticket reviewed to assist with training.
TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required for this position.
We are seeking highly motivated engineers with a thirst for learning, in support a geographically dispersed, state of the art systems, that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services. Positions will provide engineering support to multiple WAN connected sites, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes. Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.