Click column header to sort
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Performs data analysis, interpretation, and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Requirement analysis, system and system of systems architectectures, Analysis of Alternatives.
- Cloud migration methodologies.
- Deploying and configuring AWS IaaS, PaaS, SaaS; AWS Well Architected Framework; Amazon WorkSpaces, Windows Terminal Services, Citrix Server, Windows Server, RedHat, AWS, HyperV,
- IAT II DoD 8570 compliance training/certification
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a dedicated Information Assurance Engineer to provide IA management support services, with the sole purpose of maintaining a secure cyber security posture, as prescribed by AR 25-2, Information Assurance. The Information Management Division (IMD) is United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases' (USAMRIID) primary provider of Information Technology support, systems, and services. The Information Assurance Engineer will assure the Institute is adhering to all relevant DoD, Army, Federal, and other relevant regulations and requirements. The implementation of IA within USAMRIID’s research program must be delicately balanced to comply with regulations and policies, yet retain the greatest flexibility possible to provide researchers an optimal secure IT environment in which to conduct their research. The Information Assurance Engineer shall understand and apply regulations, policies, standard operating procedures, and other documents that relate to IA and cyber security and shall remain compliant with changes in all applicable requirements.
You will have a key role utilizing your expert knowledge in delivering excellent IT support to our client!
- Enforce the Army IA security and training program. Ensure all users have completed the mandated awareness training as required. Maintain IA training and certification records for all personnel. A monthly training compliance report will be delivered to the IA branch chief on the last business day of each month.
- Enforce Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) dissemination, reporting, compliance, and verification procedures as described in regulations, policies, and Army Best Business Practices. IAVA compliance will be measured against metrics included in scorecard reporting.
- Complete all scorecard reporting requirements. Scorecard reporting is to be delivered to the IA branch chief no later than 3 working days before scorecard due date.
- Report security violations and incidents to the servicing RCERT in accordance with Incident and Intrusion Response policy. At a minimum, an executive summary for all incidents must be completed no later than 24 hours after IA has been notified of an incident.
- Prepare the institute for IT security inspections, assessments, tests, and reviews using available Army approved products, checklists, and programs. Assessment reports regarding IA readiness for any inspection will be delivered to the IA branch chief as needed prior to inspections, assessments, tests, or reviews.
- Verify that all ISs within the scope of responsibility are properly certified and accredited in accordance with DIACAP and CM policies and practices before operating or authorizing the use of hardware and software on an IS or network.
- Maintain a repository for all systems Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation and modifications, version control, and management of GOTS, COTS, and non-developmental items (NDIs) for USAMRIID. Conduct semi-annual reviews of all ISs and networks to ensure no security changes have been made to invalidate the Authorization to Operate (ATO). Review all IA ATO support documentation packages and system fielding, operations, or upgrades requirements to ensure accuracy and completeness, and that they meet minimal risk acceptance standards. Results and recommendations resulting from the semi-annual review will be delivered to the IA branch chief.
- Conduct risk assessment for all incoming systems (major IT systems) and make recommendations regarding additional protection mechanisms necessary prior to operation of the incoming ISs.
- Maintain baseline and computing environment certifications based on current Army Training best business practice. You will be responsible for all certification related maintenance fees and costs.
- Submit and track all software Certificate of Networthiness (CoN) submissions. Report CoN status for required scorecard reporting as needed.
- Implement and maintain all locally required IA guidance, policies, procedures, and regulations. Annual review of policies and revise as needed. Submit report of annual review to IA branch chief.
- Ensure that IA personnel are maintaining and auditing access and log data using approved and available tools. Audit logs will be reviewed weekly. Assist, support, and report to USAMRMC and NEC IAMs as directed by the IA branch chief.
- Provide IA security guidance to Help Desk and Technicians as needed.
- You will ensure that 100% of USAMRIID users have completed CURRENT training requirements for Cyber Security, as defined in AR25-2. You will use the Army Training and Certification Tracking System (ATCTS) to record IA training status of all USAMRIID personnel. You will ensure that personnel are notified prior to expiration of training. You will ensure that personnel have the necessary system access to complete training in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to USAMRIID Security manager during events that involve cyber security threats or attacks.
- Report security violations and incidents to the USAMRIID Chief Information Officer (CIO) in accordance with regulations and policies.
- Perform Personal Information Assessments (PIA) as needed to ensure that no Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is at risk in any systems.
- Provide on-call support during non-business hours.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Provide input and expertise with regard to design, implementation, maintenance/troubleshooting of MS Exchange.
- Monitor and analyze Exchange databases and mail flow for efficiencies.
- Assist in the operations and maintenance sustainment of a MS Exchange environment.
- Create, configure, and maintain Exchange databases, mailboxes, address lists, distribution groups, and message routing.
- Working knowledge of MS LYNC Server 2013
- Apply Security Technical Implementation Guides settings, patches, and conduct preventative maintenance.
- Solid working knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP, and MS Exchange
- Ability to write scripts in PowerShell
- Ability to effectively communicate to customer; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Able to write design documentation, and configuration guides for hardware and software operating systems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications
- Installs/loads operating system and application software
- Operates and applies automated management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
The Software Developer will serve as a member of the Command and Control (C2P) software modernization effort to our client and the company. This effort will require the Software Developer to work closely with the Lead Software Developer and Software Modeling Engineer in the software development process, including the research, design, programming, and testing of computer software. The candidate will also work as needed to develop software infrastructure and development environments, and transition older product lines and capabilities to the new architecture and coding language.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
Assist with analysis of existing and emerging Operational and Functional requirements to support the current and future systems capabilities and requirements.
Assist with Risk Analysis for implementation of program requirements
Assist with requirements analysis and modeling (RAM) techniques
Perform software development for the Common Host Interface elements of the modernization effort
Perform Software Development using Object Oriented and C++ programming languages to implement system requirements
Collaborates with GVT Software Development Leads to determine programming objectives
Develops code that supports the objectives and requirements to provide optimal functionality
Edits and improves upon code in existing software programs and applications
Ensure code is error-free, readable, efficient, and logically organized for ease of access
Operate debugging software and seek out root cause of error in coding sequences
Perform detailed, manual checks of code
Written Communications: Operates standard computer based business tools (including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel) effectively. Proficient in the development of White Papers and Technical Documentation
Verbal Communications: Demonstrates excellent clear and concise verbal communication skills.
Installs, configures, and supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer's Internet Network, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. Maintains network hardware and software. Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
Oversees network control centers. Provides support to projects that involve networks. Evaluates new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network. Plans new network configurations and integration into existing networks to maintain optimal performance.
Ensures that plans for hardware and communications are adequate. Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, installation and support of voice communications systems. Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components. Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Monitor the performance of computer systems and networks
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Configure, and test hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the customer's engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network.
- Perform a full range of upgrades in accordance with existing network architecture.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network.
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Provide fault management for the network and supports performance management functions.
- Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure.
- Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Monitor security posture of the network, report suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams.
- Perform operator-level maintenance on components for network management systems.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Optimize network topologies and site configurations. Plan installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers.
- Organize and direct network installations on site surveys.
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Maintain operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs.
- Apply software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications.
- Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation
o Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis
o Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software
o Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design
o Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
o The DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC)
o Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts
o Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
Direct fulfillment of requirements from a project’s inception to it conclusion.
Direct organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing development of ad hoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries.
Direct the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
- Administration of connected and dis-connected systems
- Manage IT system infrastructures
- ITIL v3 processes and procedures
- UNIX and Windows OS configuration and management
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), AWS Directory Service for Microsoft AD, Active Directory, Change Auditor, MIM, FIM, PKI Trusted Agent,
- Account provisioning, privileged user management, Dell SourceOne, Quest Active Roles Server, Recovery Manager, Total Privileged Access Management (TPAM)
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.