Click column header to sort
GDIT is looking to hire a full-time ITSM SME/System Engineer Advisor to support our IT services contract located at Fort Huachuca, AZ. The Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) SME provides services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM).
In this positin you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide system engineering and analysis support for the BMC Remedy IT ITSM for the Army enterprise including installation, integration, maintenance and Tier III support.
- Analyze the Remedy ITSM architecture and recommend and implement changes in processes, configuration, software and hardware as needed.
- Participate in technical working groups to assist in identification of issues and development of architectural solutions for the Remedy ITSM system.
- Provide engineering, test and evaluation, and operational, post deployment, and life-cycle support of the Army Enterprise ITSM deployed in all theaters and technical support, to include performing on-site visits to assist the Government in developing requirements; on-site installation, engineering validation, and test support; and engineering analysis technical reviews.
- Perform and document technical engineering studies and coordinate and provide over-the-shoulder training as required.
- Provide planning, design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to the ADCNOMS project.
With a wide range of knowledge, designs, installs and maintains the network system and coordinates its use. Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for large, complex networks. Manages network performance. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network. Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms. Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards. Enforces security procedures and trains users. Will be working shift in a Network Control Center 24x7x365.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations and analysis
- Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures
- Provides effective mentoring to staff
- Must be able to analyze network performance, conduct statistical tests and create solutions to network problems, often highly complex in nature
- Creates new solutions to network problems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network measurement criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of network analysis
- Manages expenditures effectively and maintains organized ordering process
GDIT is hiring a full-time Unix/Linus SME to support our IT services contract located at Fort Huachuca, AZ. The Unix/Linux SME provides services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM).
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing recommendations to the Government pertaining to industry vision and strategic direction regarding enterprise system design, system implementation, system optimization, system enhancement, systems management processes and technology insertion of network and NetOps capabilities.
- Assisting the Government in defining and designing system specifications and standards, analyzing system input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and interoperability in support of system capabilities.
- Providing planning, design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to the ADCNOMS project.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
Skills required: Python and Java, open source ETL experience with Apache-NIFI, Oozie and/or Kudu
The candidate will support the agile development of enterprise tools as well as leverage standard commercial tools for Extract, Transform, and Loading data between databases. The candidate will create custom code building to quickly extract, triage, and exploit data across domains in support of analytic work while supporting the strategic development of replicable processes. Attendance at regular user group meetings and appropriate recommendations to improve the use and dissemination of existing tools as well as new datasets is required. As a member of the team, the candidate will work closely with other teammates on tool development, data tasks, and model workflows.
- Expertise in Python and Java (demonstrated proficiency in both).
- Expertise in open source ETL work and experience with Apache-NIFI, Kudu, Oozie.
- Expertise in Cloudera ecosystem to include Impala, HBase, Spark.
- Understanding and proficiency in cross-domain solutions (ETLing data from unclass to class and across classified environments).
- Experience using Agile and proficiency in continuous integration/delivery tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and Git.
- Desired experience with AWS and container technologies such as Docker.
This position is not yet funded
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a data center engineer, you will be trusted to
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Be responsible for managing very complex and/or high risk programs
- Supervise assigned technical staff, including subordinate managers
- Establish state-of-the-art techniques for designing, developing, modifying and troubleshooting highly complex computer operating hardware system
- Design operating/hardware systems; formulate system concepts and architecture, specific requirements, and develop implementation approaches
GDIT is looking to hire full-time JRSS SMEs/Network Engineer Sr. Advisors to support our IT services contract located at Fort Huachuca, AZ. The Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) SME provides services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). In this position, you will provide Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS)/Top Level Architecture (TLA) EoIP support. Additionally, you will provide engineering solutions and support to the LWN/Army DoDIN and Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture and UC efforts with the goal of improving computer network performance, defense, and security, as well as provide planning, design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to the ADCNOMS project.
- Troubleshooting IP data networks using devices such as, (NetScout and/or WireShark).
- Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT is looking to hire full-time SYSMAN SMEs/System Engineer Advisors to support our IT services contract located at Fort Huachuca, AZ. The Systems Management (SysMan) SME provides services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). In this position, you will support the design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ specified NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and Deployed Forces (DF) portion of the Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN). Additionally, you will review, analyze and Tier III support for patches and updates, to include testing the baseline in the Integrated Test Environment (ITE) prior to release. You will also develop Enterprise Technical Procedures (ETPs) with the directions to apply patches, upgrades and security configurations and/or updates to the baseline system in the ITE for testing IAW with the STIGs, as well as provide planning, design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to the ADCNOMS project.
- Design, build and maintain physical and virtual IT environments.
- Integrate, package and install various application installation (.exe, .bat, .msi) into a standard process.
- Participates in special projects as required.
We are looking to hire a full-time ESMS System Engineer to support our IT services contract located at Fort Huachuca, AZ. The ESMS System Engineer provides services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). In this position, you will support the design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ specified NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and Deployed Forces (DF) portion of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN). Additionally, you will provide configuration management support for the Army Enterprise Service Management System (ESMS) based on the BMC Remedy ITSM product suite as well as
provide planning, design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ of ESMS.
Experience in the following:
- Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) version 8.x or greater
- NetOps tools, procedures, operational constructs, products and services relating to DODIN-A enterprise capabilities.
- Ability to install and configure Remedy AR System and Mid-Tier Servers
- Java Programming language and programming constructs, Java Script or related object-oriented programming language
- Microsoft Windows Server (minimum 2012); Active Directory
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI); CAC/Token integration, Identity and Access Management (IdAM), Identity Synchronization Service (IdSS)/IdSS Machine Interface (IdMI)
- SQL (minimum 2008)
- VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x - (Networking, virtual switches and virtual distributed switches); vCenter Server 5.x; VMware vSphere Storage Appliance (VSA)
- CISCO Routing (fundamental understanding TCP/IP topology, layer 3 routing, VLAN)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) knowledge - (Fibre channel, iSCSI, NFS)
- Secure Access and Authentication Gateway
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) Services List Catalog
- Design, Engineering, Build and Integration of products available within the current Army BMC Enterprise License agreement
- Configuration of products available within the current Army BMC Enterprise License agreement Army Enterprise License agreement knowledge in foundation, process and operational Data supporting products available.
- Microsoft Office, especially Project and Visio
- Project Management, system planning, documentation, and scheduling
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Provides work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
We are looking to hire a full-time SAAG/RDS Senior Engineer to support our IT services contract located at Fort Huachuca, AZ. The Secure Administrator Authentication Gateway (SAAG) Remote Desktop Services® (RDS) Senior Engineer provides services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). In this position, you will support the planning, system design, implementation, and integration of SAAG/PAW/DAW, to include the integration and AD administration at enterprise domain and organization unit level in support of AD five theater consolidation environment, EDS, RDS and NetOps capabilities. Additionally, you will support implementation and standardization of SAAG/PAW/DAW on the NIPRNET and SIPRNET within all theaters’ AD environment as well as provide planning, design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to the ADCNOMS project.
Experience in the following:
- Microsoft Windows operating systems, AD, Remote Desktop Services®, Hyper-V, Messaging, EDS procedures, and understanding of enterprise NetOps concepts as it pertains to the DODIN-A.
- SIPRNET and NIPRNET engineering and network management, AD, Virtualization and Remote Desktop Service.
- Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of Microsoft Visio.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.