Click column header to sort
Performs systems engineering capabilities/requirements development activities to support integration of Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) capabilities, concepts and design in the areas of Battle Management/Command Control/Communication (BM/C2/C), RF / IR sensor management, and weapon systems, focusing on the integrated system performance of the BMDS. Defines warfighter needs/capabilities for the future BMDS and develops technical documentation such as Capability Needs Documents and Capability Planning Specifications. Participates in the development of system/component trade studies and analysis using established methodologies. The future concept engineering activities support MDA's efforts to define and coordinate new capabilities for future builds, develop future capability design packages to support requirements and architecture development, provide data to support new capabilities to be reviewed by the MDA technical community, and support studies for future capabilities. The candidate will be required to interface with MDA's Directorate of Engineering (MDA/DE), associated Element two letter program offices, and the Integrated Engineering Team (IET) to define BMDS concepts, architectures, and capabilities related to advanced/future capabilities focused on future system upgrades, facilitate collaboration and technical concurrence, review technical disconnects and/or issues and negotiate resolution, and provide technical input as necessary. Develops project schedules for engineering product updates and approval of products through the established engineering review / approval process. Monitors engineering tasks to remain on schedule and within scope. Coordinates trade studies and analyses performed by MDSET analysis groups to ensure analytical support provides necessary information and coordinates the results with stakeholders; Identifies and tracks issues to resolution. Develop briefings on task plans, status and results, and provides briefings to team and MDA management/leadership, as needed.Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems. 1. Performs expert level engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of highly complex electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses. 2. Provides engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients, and may also advise other internal groups. 3. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results. 4. Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients. 5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities. 6. Serves as technical task or project lead. 7. Recommends major changes in procedures or objectives. 8. Originates and applies new and unique engineering methods and procedures. 9. Represents the organization in outside discussions and technical forums. 10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies through advanced research. 11. Participates in special projects as required.
The IOM provides technical expertise, research, evaluation, and staff support for SOF identity operations at supported TSOC, interagency partner, and COCOM. Support includes preparing host organization standard draft identity operations staff documentation (White / information Papers, Briefings, routing / staffing documents, agendas, timelines, trip reports etc.).
- Provide lesson’s learned technical expertise, identify common operational requirements and develop biometric, forensic, and DOMEX processes to support the unique needs of each theater, supported agency, and commander.
- Draft and coordinate identity related plans, policy documentation, partner nation or interagency MOA/MOUs, CONOPS, orders and/or supporting identity operations Annexes/ Appendixes to address SOF equities world-wide that lead to global access and operational authorities.
- De-conflict, synchronize, and coordinate biometric, forensic, and DOMEX issues to achieve USG, DoD, and partner nation consensus in support of SOF identity operations.
- Review identity operations capabilities, tactics, techniques and procedures to synchronize and report best practices across SOF missions and operations.
- Support planning and coordinating USSOCOM Tactical Evaluation event activities.
- Advise Commanders in biometric, DOD biometric, forensic, and DOMEX capabilities and operations, and document identity operational requirements in support of TSOC, interagency partner, and COCOM missions.
- Remain current on emerging identity related technologies in the areas of live / latent fingerprint collection, iris scans, facial recognition, voice pattern analysis, DNA, hand geometry and behavioral patterns.
- Leverage DOD biometrics enabled watch list process (BEWL) to support IOM missions.
- Support, develop, plan, evaluate and recommend capabilities to meet requirements of current and future COCOM/TSOC identity operations. Includes recommending process change decisions, applying deployed force lessons learned, and improving DOD biometrics architecture requirements to support commander’s unique regional requirements.
- Coordinate or participate in tactical biometric, forensic, or document and media (DOMEX) exploitation studies, evaluations, testing, and / or provide Subject Matter Expertize to assist in the development of effective remedies.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
The shift for this opening is 5:30 PM to 5:30 AM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis, with days of work being Sunday - Wednesday.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a top-notch VMWare/VDI Subject Matter Expert (SME). Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide reliable, resilient VDI access to users across the globe.
- Maintain virtual environments that support a 99% virtualized server infrastructure.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Develop system engineering, design, and data flow documentation.
- Provide support with infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, print, chat, Exchange, etc.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area with annual revenues above $100M EC.
Establishes and implements strategic and tactical plans to develop business for a Program within a sector. Coordinates marketing, technical, and management efforts to maintain existing clients and obtain new business; Develops operating practices, policies, and procedures; Is responsible for large, complex, key programs critical to overall growth; Performs additional duties as assigned.
The candidate must hold experience managing a portfolio of several programs.
- Performs financial management services and has profit and loss responsibility for a Program.
- Coordinates marketing, technical, and management efforts to maintain existing clients and to obtain new business.
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical plans related to business development and operations.
- Develops and directs the implementation of operating practices, policies, and procedures.
- Performs day-to-day management responsibilities including direction of personnel, budgets, projects, etc.
- Establishes and manages budgets.
- Supervises and directs the work of assigned staff, including subordinate managers and/or directors.
- Identifies and resolves problems related to Program operations.
- Maintains a current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Participates in special projects as required.
SECRET CLEARANCE is required
The Data Engineer will develop and maintain a data architecture for collecting, processing and analyzing web and social media related information.
The data architecture is built using primarily open source technologies in the cloud. The data engineer will be responsible for creating scripts to harvest information and transform the data into formats which facilitate storage and analysis.
Engineer will coordinate with data scientists and program analysts to architect solutions that enable analysts to perform their functions.
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER joining our team to support ARKANSAS PAYMENT IMPROVEMENT INITIATIVE activities in WEST DES MOINES, IA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER supporting our Enterprise-wide systems, you will be trusted to Develop and Design Application Software.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
- SQL and/or PL/SQL, strong/assertive/clear communication, analytic skills, and algorithm development.
- Designs, develops, and maintains business intelligence solutions.
- Develops and executes queries upon request for data, including development and execution of database queries. Conducts SQL query optimization and tuning. Conducts analyses for data requests.
- Develops and implements reports, visualizations, and dashboards for business intelligence reporting solutions.
- Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Evaluates and improves existing business intelligence reporting systems.
- Conducts unit testing, troubleshooting, and peer reviews of business intelligence reporting solutions and database queries.
- Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
In this role, you will apply your understanding of computer security, military system specifications, and Department of Defense Information Assurance (DoD) (IA) policies, in the execution of all aspects of the systems and their Cybersecurity posture. You would be responsible for DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF), and the implementation of Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques, various IA-enabled network technologies and appliances to facilitate certification and security engineering tasks in support of the customer.
You will partner with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology life-cycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well.
As the a senior computer security analyst, this position will be responsible to plan, develop, and execute automated and manual tests to validate security posture/controls in accordance with DOD 8500.2/8510.01. This position will work directly with teams that support DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF). The candidate will analyze current documents, and provide detailed reports. The candidate will assist the government with input, instructions, and guidance as needed for the creation of adequate package documentation and artifacts. The candidate will review test plans and procedures to ensure the test plan addresses the correct level of effort and is sufficiently comprehensive to validate all IA requirements applicable to the IT system or site being assessed and accredited. The candidate shall evaluate IA discrepancies and recommend mitigation measures for reducing or eliminating specific risk items. The candidate may also be tasked to engage the JSP CA Liaisons, SCA Reviewers, and ISSMs to discuss and obtain mitigation guidance. Further, the candidate will author DoD IA Assessment and Authorization artifacts, document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel and other appropriate tools. Candidate must display and convey an understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
Work under general supervision to provide Cybersecurity engineering documentation services to build secure technical documentation for applications, systems, architectures, and infrastructure that are operationally viable and efficient. Assist with leveraging security policies and procedures to protect the organization’s systems and information while enabling achievement of organization’s objectives. Update and maintain core enterprise lifecycle documents, including system security plan, security assessment plan and report, contingency plan, standard operating procedures, remediation plans, and configuration management plan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities;
You may be asked to:
- Provide patches and updates to all BIG IP/F5s in enterprise environment
- Perform necessary inspections and verification of security settings on BIG IP/F5 equipment (perform Secure Technical Implementation Guide) STIGs
- Author DoD IA Assessment and Authorization (A&A) artifacts.
- Document a system from an IA perspective
- Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2
- Lead the research, recommend and document logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited
- Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations
- Lead the identification of disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and design implementations to bring the system into compliance.
- Plan, develop, execute and document results of security test procedures
- Lead the preparation and execution an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan
- Lead the preparation and production of a System Security Plan (SSP)
- Lead the preparation of a Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Lead the technical support effort in identifying and specifying requirements and performing risk assessments
- Lead or Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation
- Use tools such as Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Junos Space, Cisco Prime and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance
Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
- Answer routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
- Greet and escort visitors
- Retrieve; sort; and distribute incoming mail; newspapers; faxes; and other publications/documents
- Arrange for the delivery of outgoing mail/packages with the mailroom
- Prepare travel/training arrangements and process travel/training accounting/vouchers for the program office
- Draft; proofread; edit and coordinate correspondence
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
- Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Participate in meetings and events: may serve as recorder and may present position-related information
- Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
- Assist in ordering supplies/equipment and arranging for office equipment repairs
- Perform administrative back up support for other offices
- Recommend innovative processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the office
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Prepare routine status reports and track office-related metrics
- Manage routine website content updates and coordinate more complex website changes with webmaster
- Coordinate scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Attend meetings; events; and forums
- Assist in maintaining inventories; records; and receipts
- Coordinate office renovations and relocation activities
- Author and/or provide critical/final review of correspondence
- Draft documents such as instructions; spreadsheets; presentations and reports
- Build briefing packages and present information
- Analyze metrics and provide summary to senior management
- Administer databases and spreadsheets to include managing user accounts and accesses; creating reports; and performing updates
- Participates in special projects as required
GDIT is identifying qualified candidates for future Desktop Support Technician opportunities located at Cherry Point, NC.
The Desktop Support Technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Ability to assist in performing technical operation and testing of various types of fully integrated computer-based systems in a supervised setting.
- Ability to operate a wide variety of system components to include hardware, software, and mass storage technology.
- Ability to operate under supervision communications computer systems, and install, implement, maintain and tune operating systems, disk and tape management systems, and computer operations automation software.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.