Click column header to sort
Windows Systems Server Administrator
General Dynamics is seeking a Windows System Server Administrator for our Naval customer in Crane Indiana. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The System Server Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements. Provide data and assistance on audits. Perform installation, updates, and configuration of servers and workstations in accordance with industry best practices and DISA standards.
Perform system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health. Assists with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning.
Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed. Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures; provides efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
- Install and administer hardware, Windows operating systems and software applications. Including system fixes, updates and enhancements.
- Manage computer and user accounts, privileges and system access.
- Manage system resources by monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recovery.
- Performs troubleshooting, analysis of alerts and repairs on systems.
- Ensure system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintain system configuration and documentation.
- Implement security procedures, CS assessment & authorization security controls in accordance with local and DOD procedures and requirements.
- Provide IT support for workstations, scanners and servers to ensure that operability requirements are up to date with latest patches and firmware and that the hardware is configured properly.
- Provide IT support for current and emerging technologies.
- Collaboration and Communication: Working together; listens to other’s ideas; communicate accurately and concisely.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to make decisions and adapt to change.
- Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance.
- Execute PowerShell scripting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Senior Systems Administrator (VDI)
General Dynamics is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator with virtual Desktop Infrastructrue (VDI) background, knowledge and expertise for our Naval customer in Crane Indiana. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
Systems Administrator with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Conducts cyber security compliance assessments of existing and emerging technologies. Conducts field surveys, installs and operational support. Implements Risk Management Framework Security Controls. Performs procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Associated tasks include;
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects.
1. Executes business processes to improve office operations, interoffice communications as well as increase business efficiency.
2. Improve business process through busines process design as well as automation while identifying opportunities to be inclusive with the overall objective of achieving mission requirements.
Sr Network Engineer
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Project Manager – please continue to read below!
1.Perform extensive hands on network router and switch operational administration and troubleshooting duties.
2. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
3. Experience troubleshooting CISCO VoIP call managers and client technologies
4. Experience working with, configuring, and troubleshooting Type I encryption devices (KG-175’s, KG-250’s, & KG-255’s)
5. Must possess a working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, phones, & VTC related network hardware and software.
6. Experience working with Riverbed and F5 devices a plus.
7. In-depth knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) and ability to troubleshoot.
8. Install and support data center and enterprise routers and switches
9.Performs testing of new network equipment and document results for implementation
10. Knowledge of remediation methodologies in accordance with DISA compliance standards and checklists (STIGs and SRGs).
11. Develop internal team training guides.
12. In-depth knowledge SolarWinds modules and REGEX a plus.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
15. May be required to work overtime and carry a rotating recall phone for after-hours or weekend support.
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
Incumbent will perform a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in in support of Department of Navy and Department of Defense Security Cooperation and Foreign Military Sales programs. Particular focus will coordination and oversight of US programs to provide a range of USN technical training to international students associated with the acquisition of maritime aviation and surface weapon systems.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives
- Develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
- Maintains records of training activities and program effectiveness
- Provide program leadership to participating Navy activities
- Conducts research into new or alternative training to address program objectives
This position supports a team providing full, turn-key services for AT&T including site acquisition, construction and integrations of new and existing cell sites, We are currently working in the Rocky Mountain Region (Utah) and searching for dedicated and energetic members to join our team. The Construction Supervisor manages and directs the activities of multiple functional areas of construction. Employees at this level are typically responsible for more than 100 sites and have budget responsibility of more than $10M. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage, directly and through subordinate supervisors, the activities of workers engaged in multiple construction functional areas.
- Provide overall administrative and technical direction, enforces company and project policies, serves as main client interface, and insures project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Coordinate construction scheduling and communication and acts as a liaison to project management concerning bids, subcontracting, progress and delays.
- Assure quality of task products and services, including participating in reviews, audits and site visits.
- Review work orders, product specifications, technical instructions and facility requirements.
- Assign tasks to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- Maintain all necessary documentation related to assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in special projects as required.
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Software Programmer at Stennis Space Center, MS.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Department of Defense security clearance. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
Seeking a motivated and energetic Software Developer to join our superb team of software professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to learn and expand their Java/C/C# and scripting expertise.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
- Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents client/server applications programs.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as users’ manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Reviews and evaluates software products, systems, and documentation to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards as a member of an Agile Scrum Team.
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
1. Provide leadership for IT software projects for all phases of the system development life cycle to include initiating, planning, controlling, executing, and closing.
2. Translate requirements into workable tasks and oversee the development of proposed solutions to meet business needs and achieve customer acceptance.
3. Lead a development projects and process development toward continuous improvement and quality.
4. Work closely with Government and Task Order leadership to define the goal-state of maturity for the team, facilitate the developments improvement roadmap to achieve the goal-state.
5. Own and drive execution of the team delivery and roadmap.
6. Lead team to develop and manage process maturity models, process standards, and process-related deliverables.
7. Ensure quality standards and project deliverables.
8. Interface with government executives and external stakeholders.
9. Oversee a team as they plan, track and execute plans, development and testing from start to completion.
10. Ensure the timely completion of specific, defined multi-discipline technical program or project of large complexity and scope.
11. Report on progress, issues and risks.
1. Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products.
2. Performs shop and mechanical tasks such as drilling, cutting, and fabricating.
3. Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
4. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and testing of mechanical components, apparatus and equipment. Reads layouts/blueprints containing weld symbols.
5. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, diagnostic devices and related equipment.
6. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
7. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
8. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of moderate complexity.
9. Constructs components or sub-assemblies of experimental apparatus or prototype models.
10. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test methods.
11. Participates in special projects and performs as a team player assisting with other duties as required.
- Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
- Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
- Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
- Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
- May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
- May serve as a technical task or project leader.
- May have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
- Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT is seeking a Lead Information Assurance Security Specialistto support our Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. You would provide knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO).
The F-35 Lightning II Program is the Department of Defense's focal point for defining affordable next generation strike aircraft weapon systems for the Navy, Air Force, Marines, and our allies. The F-35 will bring cutting-edge technologies to the battlespace of the future. The JSFs advanced airframe, autonomic logistics, avionics, propulsion systems, stealth, and firepower will ensure that the F-35 is the most affordable, lethal, supportable and survivable aircraft ever to be used by so many warfighters across the globe.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements. Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures. Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Develops solutions to problems relating to improvement of information assurance effectiveness, organizational structures, work methods and procedure efficiency, and resources requirements, utilization or control.
- Develops and drafts program or project milestones, progress monitoring, financial, acquisition, quality control, maintenance, or training documentation related to information assurance activities. Uses automated management information systems in performing fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions related to information assurance activities.#DefenseCampNOVA
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.