Click column header to sort
US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
1. Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
2. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
3. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
4. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
5. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
6. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
7. May perform network administration duties.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. May serve as technical team or task leader.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
• Responsive, consistent, and reliable support to customer base that provides International disaster response.
• Work to identify, triage, and resolve or escalate IT problems in a Windows 2012R2 Active Directory environment.
• Provide support for customer workstations including hardware and software malfunction, as well as user training.
• Log all support requests from phone calls, emails, and walkups into Service Pro ticketing system, and maintain service level agreement of 30 minute response time for support requests.
• Install and configure print devices on network.
• User account creation and modification across two discreet networks in a smart card/PIV environment.
• Support customer base in business tools including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange with Outlook client, SharePoint, among others.
• Provide Tier 1 - 2 support for customer support requests and escalate to network team when appropriate.
• Accept various projects, develop work plans, and ensure timely completion as directed by the Helpdesk and/or IT manager.
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams to define technical requirements, identify, and resolve issues.
• Detect, identify, and respond to information security issues with regards to servers, workstations, and mobile devices.
Administer enterprise applications in a mixed virtualized (Microsoft and Red Hat Linux) environment - both On-Prem and Cloud (Azure/AWS). Install and configure enterprise applications to include JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, SAP and other COTS applications (e.g., Atlassian, Adobe LiveCycle, ActiveMQ, etc.). Serve as backup Database Administrator (DBA) using knowledge of RDBMS such as SQL Server. Have several years of experience with both database creation and administration. Install, configure, upgrade and patch system environments that are clustered or load balanced for integration testing and production release of web applications. Possess experience on OpenSSL/Keytool (JKS/PKI) to create and install web/Java code signing based SSL certificates to secure web applications and networks. Monitor and maintain SQL server replication processes. Troubleshoot and analyze Business Intelligence ETL jobs and ActiveMQ queues/listener services. Experience in administering th Perform, document and resolve all software, hardware and networking issues. Provide end user technical support for desktop, laptop, printer, mobile computing and other communication devices. Also, track, manage and deploy IT hardware and software assets. Atlassian Tools Suite that are used to develop, build and deliver software. Possess knowledge of different technical based tools such as Git, Source Tree, Atlassian, Nagios, VMWare, SSH Tools and other CD/CI/CM Tools (i.e., Vagrant and Ansible). Have several years of experience with code/scripting languages (PowerShell, Linux Shell, etc.) that are used to automate jobs and procedures. Leverage Ansible to automate our infrastructure and maintain all our systems.
- Work as a Contracts Administrator and Support Officer for Mission Operations in a complex environment working as a critical decision maker on several complex mission focused tasks.
- Work directly with customer stakeholders. Utilize research analysis and data analysis for operations. Conducts contract negotiation and execution.
- Prepare contract award and modifications in accordance with NAM/FAR for CO review/signature into databases, to include identifying appropriate solicitation and contract clauses
- Develop, edit, review, and maintain all contractual documentation, such as pre negotiation and price negotiation memorandums, SOWs,
- Justifications and Approvals (J&A), acquisition plans, and other acquisition/contracting documents
- Provide contracts advice and guidance to COTR, Program Control, and/or Security, as required
- Collect and analyze relevant market information from Government and non Government sources in order to identify possible sources; prepare Market Research reports
- Analyze and document cash flow considerations for acquisition
- Analyze customer requirements and recommend the appropriate contract type that meets all statutory requirements
- Recommend appropriate contracting methods based on customer requirement
- Identify the appropriate method of publicizing a procurement
- Construct contract incentives that meet required policy while incentivizing positive contractor performance
- Determine and recommend types of contract financing available based on contract type and method of procurement
- Assist or lead in preparing and conducting negotiation of all the elements of a potential contract or solicitation including schedule, performance, and price; and prepare related documents
- Track contractor use of Government property and support the resolution of property related issues
- Prepare and submit expired contracts into the contract close-out (i.e., Settlements) process.
- Support and document contract terminations including calculating contract termination final contract price
- Analyze, compute, and track contract payments and support the resolution of payment-related problems
- Identify indicators of fraud or other legal offenses
- Analyze, recommend, and document the validity of claims
- Support and document delivery and acceptance of goods and/or services in accordance with the contract
General Dynamics is seeking a technical summer intern to work at the Pentagon. This position is a network centric role focused on network transport infrastructure and network operations to include switches, routers and optical networks and the tools required to monitor and maintain the network. Equipment and tools exposure will include Juniper, Cisco and Aruba along with InfoVista, Netcool and NetBrain.
- Performs routine technical tasks in support of engineering, information systems, or related technical operations.
- May install, maintain and operate computers and peripheral equipment.
- May fabricate, install, and repair electronic or mechanical equipment.
- May perform basic systems and/or software testing.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Performs technical duties in support of a department or customer.
- Works on a short-term, seasonal basis.
General Dynamics is seeking a business summer intern to work in Crystal City. This position is a program management centric role focused finance, subcontracts, procurement, and business administration. This position performs administrative duties in support of a department or customer. Works on a short-term, seasonal basis.
- Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
- Compiles various contract, program, and financial data for use in the preparation of monthly status reports.
- Collects and inputs timesheet data into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
- Process purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
- Assists accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
*Active recruiting for candidates continues for this position as of the week of 3/11/2019*
We are seeking an individual with a broad base of experience in Information Technologies and Cybersecurity, and the desire and drive to make a difference. As a Computer Network Defense (CND) Analyst you will be responsible for monitoring an extensive array of networks to detect suspicious and malicious activity that could jeopardize the health of information systems. Our Analysts are responsible for reviewing logs from various security tools and network traffic analyzers. You must be able to research, compile information and prepare computer security incident reports based on events, incidents and intrusions that are detected. You will work closely with Incident Response Analysts, Infrastructure Engineers and System Administrators to ensure proper handling and mitigation of all activity detected.
- Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems using SEIM tools
- Creation of technical incident response reports based on intrusions and events
- Provides assistance in computer incident investigations
- Perform independent research and analysis of security threats
- Coordinate with other teams to analyze, investigate and remediate detected incidents
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
- Recommend modifications to security tools to better detect, prevent, and mitigate intrusions
- Knowledge of computer network defense and vulnerability assessment tools, including open source tools, and their capabilities
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture
- Skill in collecting data from a variety of computer network defense resources
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive and collaborative team
- Knowledge and understanding of networking, network layers, protocols, devices and multiple operating systems
- The ability to utilize critical thinking, to think outside of the box, and to communicate clearly while under pressure
- Participates in special projects as required.
Secret Clearance required
General Dynamics is seeking a Systems Administrator that can support CAOC customer in Doha Qatar. Position is funded and ready for immediate hire.
System Administrator (SA) is responsible for performing provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
Will be responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
May assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases and standard Project Management Methodology.
Other activities may include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
Types of systems supported may be the following: Linux and Windows systems that support GIS infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management/
Responsibilities on these systems may also include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Electrical/Power Technician position description:
Analyzes, administers, and maintains electrical and power solutions as it relates to the technical security systems. Systems include but are not limited to: Local Area Network components, power and cable infrastructure systems, CCTV, access control systems, automated key management systems (AKMS), and other physical security systems in both analog and IP-based forms.
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory.
- Knowledge of national electrical codes.
- Knowledge of electric power distribution from the service entrance to the electrical device.
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools used in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of basic test equipment used in the maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment and systems (multimeter, oscilloscope, power meter).
- Knowledge of the hazards of working on and near electrical equipment and systems and the appropriate safety measures to observe.
- Knowledge of PPEs and their use to safely work on electrical equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of international voltages.
- Knowledge of uninterruptible power supplies, voltage regulators, transformers, transfer switches, and infrastructure components (raceways, boxes, wiring, panelboards, safety switches, over-current protection), AC and DC power supplies, Power-over-Ethernet, and batteries of various chemistries (lead acid and lithium-ion).
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools, equipment and devices employed in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment and systems.
- Skill in the use of basic test equipment used in the maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment and systems (multimeter, oscilloscope, power meter).
- Skill in troubleshooting electrical problems (overloads, short circuits, grounding, leakage current).
- Skill in installing electrical infrastructure (raceways, boxes, wiring, panelboards, safety switches, over-current protection).
- Skill in reading sketches, blueprints, control diagrams, manufacturer's specifications and other technical documents related to the electrical equipment and systems.
- Skill in planning work required to accomplish tasks both independently and as the lead worker of small work groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to write test plans, test reports, and official memos.
- Current or former licensed journeyman or master electrician preferred.
- An independent worker who knows to seek help when required.
- Participates in special projects as required
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Provides end-user installation training and troubleshooting support.
- Install, test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
- Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Java Developer to analyze, design, develop, implement, and support code; working under limited supervision; performing additional duties as assigned.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes enhancements to existing items.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Participates in highly complex projects with customers, managers, end-users.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an opportunity an e-Commerce Developer - Oracle ATG.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Analyzes, designs, develops, and implements highly complex operating systems and application programs; serves as a technical team or task leader; works under limited supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
- Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Directs the writing and updating of technical documentation such as users manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and m ay have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Hours: Standard core hours 9:00 – 3:00, anything before or after allowing for a full 8 hours/day
• Works with management, engineering teams and operational resources to develop a COTS virtual application delivery infrastructure; deliver virtualized COTS desktop applications and COTS software delivery packages for virtual
and physical Windows desktops
• Responsible for the virtualizing, sequencing and troubleshooting all COTS application packages
• Ensure system compatibility and scalability for optimal system performance
• Collaborate with business users to gather, review and implement customer and system requirements
• Perform current state system analysis
• Write functional and technical specifications
• Research, design, develop and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and application software
• Work within a diverse IT infrastructure that includes integration points across operating systems, middleware and applications
• Understand and execute application virtualization and packaging, and engineer adaptable, scalable designs suitable for COTS application delivery across many user groups and desktops
• Administer and troubleshoot virtual and physical host issues pertaining to virtual application services and delivery
• Hands-on experience and knowledge of Windows desktop, Windows server, SCCM, Active Directory, and troubleshooting group policy issues
• Experience creating, editing, upgrading and customizing streamed applications
• Experience building scalable and highly available mission critical applications
• Experience with application streaming technologies
• Experience with a scripting language
• Experience with Microsoft Application Virtualization technology (e.g. App-V)
• Experience with VMWARE Application Virtualization technology (e.g. Horizon)
• Experience designing enterprise-class license management solutions for applications of various license types and methods
• Work independently and manage multiple task assignments
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Participate in meetings to provide forms and/or appointment feedback.
- Interfacing by phone throughout the process to assist with resolution of issues and minimize loss of quality products.
- Providing general administrative support such as filing, creating presentations on candidate status, writing memos, and taking notes during meetings with candidates related to processing.
- Maintaining product status within electronic systems for tracking and accountability.
- Coordinating with the client to respond to candidate inquiries related to offers and the clearance process
- Coordinating with stakeholders to schedule appointments related to the security and processing requirements.
- Identifying and track metrics for the client.
- Providing on-site support to all meetings related to processing to include providing guidance and instructions to stakeholders to ensure proper precautions are employed.
- Coordinate travel for meetings.
- Providing uninterrupted support which may include evenings and weekends to maintain situational awareness of the Process.
- Preparing reports as required by the client.
- Travel 50% of the time.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.