Click column header to sort
- Thoroughly reviews, assesses, and completes third party release recommendations related to family reunification options.
- Visits care provider sites to conduct weekly staffing meetings
- Confers weekly with staff and direct care providers to discuss cases employing perspectives from child welfare, juvenile justice, and mental health in adherence with policy.
- Writes reports on progress and tracking/elevating issues related to program trends.
- Assists care providers to recognize potential victims of trafficking.
- Provides technical assistance
While you may work from home, you will be handling cases in the Phoenix, Arizona area
Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish (will be tested)
You will need to undergo a fingerprint background check for clearance to work with the targeted populations.
Prior experience working with immigrant youth and families is highly preferred (case management, psycho-social assessments, direct mental health therapy, etc.). Juvenile justice experience can be a differentiator.
** TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED**
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Technician to provide Service Desk Support in Clarksburg, WV. In this position, you will support the VTC Engineering and Installation Team by troubleshooting VTC display and VTC management systems in addition to providing fundamental IT support to our customers.
Qualified candidates must be committed to provide courteous and accurate technical information and support in a timely, efficient and professional manner. This position performs activities associated with troubleshooting implementation, integration and operations of VTC systems in mission critical response operation environments.
Responsibilities for the VTC Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Provide IT support to all customers
- Provide customers with status of pending service(s) that are assigned and serve as primary POC until the issues are resolved
- Guide customers in a Service Desk scenario to resolve their IT related issues and assist in preventing recurrences
- Provide necessary information in the service desk ticket in the event the ticket is passed to another solver group.
- and support VTC equipment, including familiarity with foundation technologies and terminology.
- Must be able to coordinate training on equipment for the customer and assist customer with presentation requests.
- Perform site surveys in support of new VTC system installations.
- Must be able to of room layouts and wire diagrams of changes made.
- Deploy systems that comply with established Customer policy and industry best practices.
- Review, update, and manage information in standard repositories
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
Refresh project to image, install, and deploy new Windows 10 laptops to government customers with minimal technical escalations. The Laptop/Desktop Support Specialist will also be required to remove existing desktop PC from user’s desks and process its return to inventory.
- 10 days of basic tool training before the deployment to allow for training in Footprints, Asset Management tool, and our expectations for communications to schedule the customers’ deployment, how to deploy the customers’ computer equipment in our environment, access to rename the object in AD when deployed, physically remove the desktop, update Asset Management tool.
- Install computer Images including Bit-Locker / unbox new laptop / sign out from storage/ complete/ sign back to secure area with lead signature
- Schedule coordination, deploy laptop, docking station, review differences and locations of personal files, install printers and other peripherals, and update ticket for refresh and Asset Management tool for deployment asset. Remove Existing Desktop, place into secure location, update Asset Management tool with the location, status and ticket number for the removed asset.
- Clean-up / Wiping of Hard Drives / Equipment surplus
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal of any equipment or component and report to the project manager daily on results of deployments (issues, feedback, etc.)
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service
- Assist the client in solving laptop workstation and networking issues
- Enter / track activity / user / asset information accurately within trouble ticketing system and Asset Management tool.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to established processes, procedures and guidelines
- Recommend improved procedures
- Inform and educate clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information
Location: Herndon; Hours: Core; Function: Implements machine learning tools in cloud onto current office Ruby applications.
Description: The applications developed aid analysts in solving complex analytical problems. This is a unique opportunity for a developer to design and develop mission applications and lead small projects. The candidate would have the opportunity to develop applications with varying degrees of scale, risk, and complexity. Developer duties may include serving as the technical lead for the design, testing, and implementation of complex applications, complex web application layouts, content and user interfaces and/or database projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The develop consults with clients to develop complex AI/ML requirements.
- Translates user requirements from a formal requirements documents into an AI/ML capabilities within the current application.
- Builds and maintains AI/ML architecture ensuring operability within applications.
- Design AI/ML capabilities addressing how its’ used, how it scales, and how it breaks.
- Influence design and configure of AI/ML policies, governance and access.
- Work closely with other developers to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, security, scale/performance and operability in mind.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience with full life-cycle application software development with specialized experience to include hands on involvement in all aspects of the applications software development life-cycle (requirements analysis, design, programming, testing, and deployment as well as troubleshooting).
- Understand cost and benefits of deploying algorithms in production environments. The types of algorithmic solutions should span across different types of data ranging from numeric, images, video, and textual (structured or unstructured) collected from domains such as autonomy, data analytics, design, platform performance and operations, and services.
- Experience with modern standards and architectures (node.js, lambda, microservices, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (e.g. MySQL/Postgres, Cassandra/ElasticSearch).
- Familiarity with some AI services/platforms (such as Google ML, Vision API/Rekognition, Sagemaker, etc).
- Familiarity with some distributed frameworks and architectures (Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, HBase, Cassandra, Kafka, or Storm, etc)
- Knowledge and hands on experience on implementation of Chatbot using Microsoft Bot Framework and/or API.AI
- Demonstrated on-the job experience exhibiting customer service skills.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience working in a team environment exhibiting problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience with the Sponsor’s development platform (RAILS is the preferred technology).
- Demonstrated on-the job experience with the Sponsor’s partners and their current technology issues.
- Demonstrated on-the job experience exhibiting written skills to include technical documentation.
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications to a cloud infrastructure using AWS.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, and using industry standard tools (GIT, JIRA).
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
As a Partner Support Team Member, the Developer must have strong experiences in the following skill set:
The following are the desired skills for this position:
JIRA, WordPress, MySQL
The developer must also be willing to learn new skills in areas such as Service Now as well as other emerging technologies that may be adopted by the customer. This position also requires experience in Agile Software Development methodologies as well as excellent verbal and written communication expertise. The Developer must understand the Software Development Life Cycle, be able to receive and decompose requirements, as well as perform systems testing on developed applications.
Core work hours are from 9 am - 3 pm.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Testing Analyst to develop and execute exploratory, as well as, automated tests in order to ensure software product quality. The Testing Analyst responsibilities include estimating, planning and coordinating testing activities. The Testing Analyst will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked and resolved.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Catalog and maintain test scenario library
- Present testing results and progress to management team
- Perform all other duties as required
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
**This position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position will perform a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer Directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic entry level administrative processes.
Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files.
- Identify records via electronic/hardcopy resources to be processed, locate records on shelves and move boxes/containers of records to/from each DCC process step.
- Prepare all document pages for scanning by removing bindings such as staples, rubber bands and paperclips.
- Separate pages from all types of bindings - 3-ring binders, GBC-type bindings, softcover, hardcover bindings, etc. Operate a paper cutter when necessary to remove bindings.
- Insert a variety of bar-coded separator and tracking sheets into each batch of records to distinguish documents and folders during the digitization process.
- Perform quality control reviews by comparing the digitized document images with the original source material to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100%verification of each scanned page image to ascertain image quality. Images which fail the review will be identified and marked for rescanning.
Maintain, update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets.
- Record manually or via a barcode scanner pertinent data describing archived files received for processing, including but not limited to the date of receipt, number of physical items, name of receiver, process step and container barcode/tracking number.
- Perform document/folder metadata entry in IMSO electronic databases/hardcopy files which will support the archiving of files.
- Input job/box data to support the tracking of archived files while in the DCC workflow.
- Capture and record associated document-level metadata. Examples of document metadata include title/subject, publication date, document type, classification, etc. Personnel shall enter metadata into the project specific database for each document as required. The number of metadata elements required will vary according to record type.
This position may require standing for long periods of time.
Participates in special projects as required.
Manage, build and troubleshoot servers using UNIX/LINUX Operating Systems as well as the Windows OS. Maintain and build RED HAT and other Linux servers. Perform administrative operations and maintenance functions of server hardware and software using the Microsoft Windows OS. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The candidate must be experienced in UNIX Server administration, to include RED HAT and Linux
- Has experience with Storage, Virtualization, Windows, Unix, and McAfee
- Have a competent knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities
- Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Anticipates questions and is prepared with answers
- Provides effective mentoring to staff
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Maintains the ICP Litigation Hold Log application.
- Performs scheduled maintenance as required.
- Makes required enhancements to the Litigation Hold Log application.
- Writes scripts.
- Performs data retention and disposal CAT testing.
- Occasionally performs other job-related tasks in support of primary duties.
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
- Performs Cybersecurity activities (formally known as IA - Information Assurance) for a large Program; coordinates with government Program staff, USAF, and other government agencies to assist in the creation, dissemination, direction, and auditing of program policy, standards, and operating procedures.
- Utilize available resources to conduct Cybersecurity activities, and report to senior GDIT and government personnel on overall program security posture.
- Conduct network and system audits for vulnerabilities using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), ACAS vulnerability scanner, and DISA SCAP to mitigate those findings for Solaris, Linux, Windows, and associated network operating systems.
- Ability to create, track and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct solution identification to assist in problem remediation and resolution.
- Communicate tactical and strategic threat information to Government leaders, Cybersecurity-Ops and A&A (formerly C&A) Staff to assist them in making cyber risk decisions and to mitigate threats.
- Carries out DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoD 8510 to ascertain information systems' security posture by utilizing security control validation activities and coordinating security testing.
- Maintain the Security Accreditation status, including system documentation of multiple DoD classified networks and interconnected systems.
- Coordinates with OUSDI, USAF, DISA, and other organizations in support of audits and inspections and provides all necessary documentation as required for SAVs, ST&Es, and CCRI.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.