Click column header to sort
With minimal supervision, the IT Systems Engineer – Senior supports all Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS), their associated software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as listed as part of the Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS). He/She works as a member of a diverse IT Core Systems team to ensure all operating mission nodes (operations centers, airborne weapon systems, ground teams, and other) can inter-operate and execute synchronized mission activities via their mission systems, connected through various mission networks.
Functional duties include:
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies across the software development teams (e.g., Web/Mobile, Airborne C2, etc.).
- Implementing automated security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation processes across all teams
- Defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging strategies across applications, systems and services where applicable
- Implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on-premise, and on the AWS platform
- Designing, managing, and maintaining tools to automate operational processes, backups, ensuring service offerings provide highly available services
- Assist with IT service transformation and migration planning and execution projects
- Managing integration and production service environment for a rapidly growing service model
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires at least 4 – 6 years of experience engineering various IT hardware and software solutions, analyzing systems and requirements, experimenting and testing, performing vulnerability and security assessments, and developing and integrating complex IT solutions
- Compliance with the DoD Instruction 8570.01-M, IAT Level-2 certification is mandatory: CompTIA Security-Plus CE or higher preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with VMWare and related components, or similar COTS/open source products
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Troubleshooting skills, a desire to learn, and willingness to take on responsibilities is required
- Experience in installation, configuration and security of multiple desktop and server operating systems
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012 Server, Linux, Red Hat, Veeam Backup & Replication, Splunk, AirWatch
- Experience maintaining, configuring, troubleshooting NetApp and other SAN/NAS storage appliances
- Experience in a supporting IAVA remediation, desktop/server support
- Experience with DoD Configuration Management, Information Assurance and Systems Lifecycle Management processes
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in Linux administration
- Demonstrated experience providing Windows Server 2008/2012 server administration
- Knowledge of firewalls and networking experience is a plus
- Experience configuring use of service monitoring tools - SCOM, Solarwinds, Cloud Watch to manage service environment
- Experience automating routine/recurring O&M tasks
- Experience in virtualization of servers
- Experience providing managed services in an IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Public Cloud environment
- Exposure to McAfee Host-Based Security System a plus
- Strong technical competence and aptitude
- Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
- Comfortable initiating change; consciously managing and shaping change
- Ability to balance and consider multiple issues and perspectives while focusing on the overall vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management from application developers to the CIO
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally
- Positive "can do" attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
The Configuration Manager will be a seasoned CM professional who provides configuration support to assigned Projects across the C2MS portfolio supporting Special Operations Forces. The successful candidate will be motivated; team oriented; and have a drive to make a difference in warfighting capabilities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
- Performs various audits and documents results.
- Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of customer standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
- Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
- Participates in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- Identifies requirements and participates in the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment as it applies to CM integration
- Software Configuration Management experience: Knowledge of licensing models
- Excellent skills with Microsoft® suite of tools (SharePoint, Access, Excel, etc)
- Working knowledge of task management tools and software repositories such as Redmine; JIRA; and GitHub/GitLab/TFS
- Experience with CM in the Cloud (AWS) desired
- Experience working in an agile environment (Kanban and Scrum)
- Good business communication skills. Position will require developing and giving presentations
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in configuration management support
- Knowledge of and familiarity with configuration management software applications
- IT Systems background a plus
- Air Force and/or DOD background a plus
The Strategic Governance Lead shall regularly interpret higher authority direction, command guidance and strategies to accomplish the Director’s military intelligence priorities as reflected in the operational goals and missions. The Strategic Governance Lead shall provide oral and written advice suitable to influence general officer level audiences on multi-year projects, doctrine, and policies that will affect the entire Army. #intelpractice
The contractor shall identify a POI Development Manager by name who shall manage development and maintenance of the OSINT training curriculum. The POI Development Manager shall also develop all applicable POI, Lesson Plans, Practical Exercises, and Evaluations. The POI Development Manager shall possess basic development and instruction skills and support development of training products, participate in training product development sessions, and instruct training classes, and, understand the training Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) process concepts. #intelpractice
The PM shall serve as the contractor’s single TO manager and shall be the contractor’s authorized interface with the FEDSIM Contracting Officer (CO), FEDSIM COR, and INSCOM TPOC for the TO. The PM shall also be responsible for management and oversight of all CONUS/OCONUS activities performed by contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy the requirements identified in this TO. The PM shall provide management, direction, administration, quality control, and leadership of the execution of this TO. The PM shall conduct meetings and provide deliverables in accordance with the Government-approved delivery schedule. The PM shall establish and maintain the PMP. The PM shall be an employee of the awardee and shall not be subcontracted. #intelpractice
WORK LOCATION: PHILADELPHIA, PA
Seeking an Electrical Technician to support shipboard testing efforts for our Navy customer. The candidate will have experience as an electrical technician and the ability to troubleshoot control systems with the use of system documentation and electrical schematics. The candidate will be expected to lead shipboard test and troubleshooting efforts. The candidate will be expected to complete assigned tasking, even if doing so requires more time than expected. The candidate will be tasked by and report to technical leads. The candidate will be expected to provide documented status updates on a regular basis. ***Priority/preference would be someone with some GSE experience on a ship (preferably DDGs).***
- Lead a shipboard test and troubleshooting evolution
- Troubleshoot control systems with the use of system documentation and electrical schematics
- Provide test support for all variants of fielded systems at LBES and shipboard
- Provide shipboard software and hardware installation support of all variants of fielded systems at LBES and shipboard
- Provide documented status updates on a regular basis
- Act as a liaison between shipboard test team, ship’s force, test team and technical leads back in Philadelphia
- Maintain personal source of information between jobs and tasking
- Aid in test procedure edits, development and implementation
- Thoroughly reviews, assesses, and completes third party release recommendations related to family reunification options.
- Visits care provider sites to conduct weekly staffing meetings
- Confers weekly with staff and direct care providers to discuss cases employing perspectives from child welfare, juvenile justice, and mental health in adherence with policy.
- Writes reports on progress and tracking/elevating issues related to program trends.
- Assists care providers to recognize potential victims of trafficking.
- Provides technical assistance
- While you may work from home, you will be handling cases in the Alexandria, Virginia area
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish (will be tested)
- You will need to undergo a fingerprint background check for clearance to work with the targeted populations.
- Prior experience working with immigrant youth and families is highly preferred (case management, psycho-social assessments, direct mental health therapy, etc.). Juvenile justice experience can be a differentiator.
The Senior Capability Manager (SCM) shall manage feedback & capability exploration with leadership of the supported forces, engage and collaborate with Data Science Industry leaders to best inform and support AOO leadership decision making. Daily interaction with senior Army leadership, industry IT leaders and IC/DoD Partners to assist in the development of AOO data strategy objectives, application identification and implementation. The SCM shall coordinate all capability assessments of existing OSINT/PAI capabilities and emerging technologies, recommendations for integration into the OSINT Toolkit, and plans for moving the tool directly to the operational environment (if applicable). The SCM shall assist in determining the best solution needed to address the gaps, overlaps and any possible duplication effort at the enterprise-level rather than at the individual operator’s level. This includes synchronization of IT strategy and planning with AOO’s existing and future business goals to include promotion of shared applications and infrastructure to cut expenditures and enhance the flow of information using big data analytics.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Understand all the different systems that are monitored in the help desk and the Tier level responsibilities for the systems.
- Provide IT Service Management functions and first level troubleshooting to all customers.
- Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of failures and restore system capability to operations.
- Analyze, diagnose, and isolate failures to hardware.
- Directly replace or coordinate replacement of hardware failures.
- Collect data for proper escalation and resolution by Tier 2/3.
- Perform network management services to include: monitoring network device health and status, monitoring network performance and utilization optimization.
- Perform OS monitoring, Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, etc.
- Perform modifications to authorized user lists, user profiles, and file system maintenance.
- Understand all ITSM processes and document work accurately and effectively through the use of a ticketing system.
- Perform visual inspections of hardware and document/report all findings.
- Understand the Program Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure proper completion of work within timelines.
- Manage account requests and provide account management responsibilities for personnel on numerous systems.
- Know all functional leads and technicians for all the managed systems by the program.
- Understand local site command and hierarchy.
- Know POC’s for systems that the Program does not have responsibility for.
- Interface with customers and government officials.
- Participate in special projects as required
See SCA Directory of Occupatios
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.