Click column header to sort
Technical writer to support Surface Ship Torpedo Defense (SSTD) systems technical data documentation requirements for US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS).
- Provide technical writing support for the review and development of SSTD technical procedures, processes, and manuals that are published in MS Office applications, Adobe PDFs and IETM’s.
- Be responsible for SSTD, Configuration Management (CM) support using iPDM, CDMD-OA, CIDMS and other pertinent Logistics/Configuration Management Systems.
- Gather, process, analyze, reconcile and enter SSTD systems engineering data and fleet modernization data in support of Ship Alteration Systems, Temporary Alteration Records, Engineering Change Orders, Engineering Change Proposals, Navy Training System Plans and Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals.
- Collaborate with other team members in the development, production and distribution of SSTD documentation materials within GDIT and to various government customers.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Help Desk Technician IV– Service Desk Specialist (L2) (Shift Work Required)
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
The Shifts for this billet will require the ability to work the following shifts:
Shift Work Schedule:
1st Shift - 6AM - 2PM
2nd Shift- 2PM - 10PM
3rd - 10PM - 6AM
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Service Desk Specialist:
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices; perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis to provide guidance on procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, and other local procedures as required to ensure mission success.
- Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- Computing Env:MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Certifications are subject to changed based on contractual requirements
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements
Systems Operations Specialist- Linux
Linux System Operations Specialist (SME). The primary responsibility for this position is to perform system administration for the virtual infrastructure.
This role requires someone with proven experience implementing cross domain solutions that support requirements of varying complexity in addition to planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of different stakeholders, information technology, and related technical professionals, to include personnel from different organizations with competing interests (e.g., customer, cross domain governing bodies, hosting facility, and technology provider).
The successful candidate for this position must have the ability to lead and work with a diverse IT infrastructure, which includes: storage/backup, platforms, middleware, and software development. The duties of this position may include, but not limited to, analyzing the existing Virtual infrastructure and developing an adaptable and scalable design to meet the needs of the mission customer.
• Professional experience which should include either management consulting experience or relevant industry knowledge
• Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge of Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, CentOS) including administration, management, and troubleshooting.
• Demonstrated hands-on knowledge and experience building and deploying automated server and workstation builds across an enterprise infrastructure with environments that are logically separated
• Demonstrated hands-on experience and understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP, Nagios, Splunk, SolarWinds, etc.)
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with patching and maintaining server build
• Demonstrated understanding of open source frameworks, with experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor's production landscape
• Demonstrated ability to deploy and maintain Linux baseline for physical and virtual platforms
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain capacity metric
• Demonstrated knowledge of the following infrastructure principles:
- Fault tolerance
- High availability
- Scalability and Capacity planning
- Data center organization
- Backup / Recovery
• Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application/system integration and execution
• Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to define customer and system requirements; design a solution that meets the current requirements and is scalable to meet future enterprise requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with regard to developing project briefings, updating system designs, rack elevations, wiring diagrams, and system outage after action reports
• Understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle; the System Engineering Life Cycle; and the ability to comprehend user business needs and concerns and integrate that understanding with technical skills
• Ability to comprehend and implement new concepts, technologies and products quickly
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore the environment to an operational state with minimal downtime, perform root cause analysis and provide a forward leaning mitigation strategy
• Demonstrated experience performing trend analysis on overall system health, performance, and capacity management with regard to utilization and growth
• Rotating Pager Duty
• Demonstrated knowledge of at least three of the following technologies:
Certifications: Work independently; and manage multiple task assignments
• Ability to facilitate discussion among people with differing backgrounds and opinions and lead to consensus
• High-level knowledge of Cloud Computing
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Experience with the principles, concepts, methodologies and project management of Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) applications Version 10 or 11.
- Experience with federal HR data to support metadata modeling.
- Provide analysis, requirements development, and documentation using Cognos 10 and/or 11 BI Framework Manager metadata modeling to include, but not limited to, DCPDS or DCHRMS, for OCHR’s civilian data warehouse DONCADS.
- Provide analysis, requirements development and execution of Cognos 10 and/or 11 BI migrations and deployments. Gather, analyze, and document business requirements in support of migrations and deployments.
- Design, develop and implement reports, metrics and dashboards utilizing HTML, XML, Java, and Cognos 10 and/or 11 BI, ensuring no unauthorized cookies and/or plug ins are required.
- Provide Cognos system administration in support of Cognos 10 and/or 11 BI installation and upgrades, configuration, data integration, and data management.
- Generate and deliver test plans, test applications, migrate test applications to production, and transfer knowledge to client, in the form of Data Dictionaries, Standard Operating Procedures, and User Guides.
- Provide analysis and development of the HRLink utilizing Cognos 10 and/or 11 BI Framework Manager, Metrics Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio and Transformer.
- Develop analytical data extracts and power cubes via Cognos BI Analysis Studio and PowerPlay Studio.
- Develop a foundation and environment conductive to Balanced Scorecard data administration.
- Design conceptual and logical models for the data warehouse and communicate physical designs to the database users.
- Answer and resolve trouble calls related to Cognos BI, HRLink, serviced customers via Help
Desk systems, such as OCHR Assist, and email.
- Utilizing HRLink, execute and distribute standard reports on a monthly, weekly, or daily schedule adhering to Secure File Transfer Protocols.
- Setup and Execute Automated Secure File Transfer Protocols.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT's Military Health Solutions is hiring a Senior Clinical Research Associate to support the Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center located at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, MD.
As a leader in traumatic brain injury research, the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) serves active duty military, veterans and their beneficiaries with coordinated care throughout 23 Army, Navy and Veterans Affairs medical treatment centers. General Dynamics Health Solutions’ researchers and healthcare professionals treat and track more than 8,500 TBI patients a year to measure the impact of care on long term health and occupational outcomes. Conducting 72 different clinical research studies – to include a 15-year congressional directed study – our experts educate political leaders, caregivers, clinicians, and the general public to provide and improve evidence-based, best practice TBI care for service members, veterans and their families.
Learn More about DVBIC
The Senior Research Associate will support several multi-site research projects as part of the Congressionally Mandated 15-Year study to examine outcome from traumatic brain injury in a military population and the effect on family members. S/he will administer and score an objective comprehensive psychological and neuropsychological test battery incorporating pertinent behavioral observations. S/he will conduct comprehensive unstructured and structured diagnostic clinical interviews, and case conference interview data with senior neuropsychology staff. Scores and codes neuropsychological test data and codes interview data.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Conducts comprehensive neuropsychological testing and administers self-report questionnaires, including scoring, coding, and quality checks.
- Documents behavioral observations and testing notes for consideration in scoring/coding data.
- Conducts comprehensive diagnostic unstructured and structured clinical interviews and participates in case conferencing of interview data and data coding with senior neuropsychology staff.
- Documents behavioral observations and testing notes for consideration in scoring/coding data.
- Conducts medical record reviews for data collection, case conferencing, and eligibility requirements.
- Collects and analyzes data to evaluate eligibility for enrollment.
- Offers suggestions for appropriate services for participants as needed. Responds to emergent patient situations.
- Collects and processes all study related data, assists with data export, data coding, and performs quality control procedures.
- Completes and maintains paperwork and electronic systems related to participant processing.
- Maintains research project records in compliance with study and IRB requirements.
- Maintains clear and accurate records, inventories and logbooks.
- Communicates with participants, staff, management, directors, and outside collaborators
- Assists training new staff on study activities and maintaining data collection integrity standards across study procedures and staff.
- May oversee and supervise junior research staff on study activities.
Non Primary Responsibilities:
- Other duties consistent with the above
**This position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position will perform a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer Directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic entry level administrative processes.
Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files.
- Identify records via electronic/hardcopy resources to be processed, locate records on shelves and move boxes/containers of records to/from each DCC process step.
- Prepare all document pages for scanning by removing bindings such as staples, rubber bands and paperclips.
- Separate pages from all types of bindings - 3-ring binders, GBC-type bindings, softcover, hardcover bindings, etc. Operate a paper cutter when necessary to remove bindings.
- Insert a variety of bar-coded separator and tracking sheets into each batch of records to distinguish documents and folders during the digitization process.
- Perform quality control reviews by comparing the digitized document images with the original source material to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100%verification of each scanned page image to ascertain image quality. Images which fail the review will be identified and marked for rescanning.
Maintain, update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets.
- Record manually or via a barcode scanner pertinent data describing archived files received for processing, including but not limited to the date of receipt, number of physical items, name of receiver, process step and container barcode/tracking number.
- Perform document/folder metadata entry in IMSO electronic databases/hardcopy files which will support the archiving of files.
- Input job/box data to support the tracking of archived files while in the DCC workflow.
- Capture and record associated document-level metadata. Examples of document metadata include title/subject, publication date, document type, classification, etc. Personnel shall enter metadata into the project specific database for each document as required. The number of metadata elements required will vary according to record type.
This position may require standing for long periods of time.
Participates in special projects as required.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day order fulfillment and distribution center operations.
This management role coordinates the day to day operations of a distribution center who serves government customers. Operational oversight includes all functional areas from materials receiving/storage, order fulfillment, and inventory control activities.
- Oversee end-to-end physical order fulfilment operation across three fulfillment buildings.
- Control flow of merchandise through warehouse to maximize throughput and productivity.
- Manage communications with Order Planning, Transportation, and customer liaison teams.
- Coordinates staffing and resource planning for 50+ employees across a multi-shift operation.
- Monitor staff levels to ensure flow of merchandise through the Distribution Center to meet deadlines and reassign resources to meet program demands.
- Effectively lead, educate, and develop staff by utilizing key performance indicators that enhance performance and achieve individual and company-wide goals.
- Coach, Counsel, and train direct reports as well as distribution center team.
- Creates, implements, and maintains a comprehensive training program. Ensure employees receive sufficient and appropriate training related to operational changes and enhancements.
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators.
- Application of LEAN and continuous improvement policies to increase operational efficiency
- Produces reports and metrics for external and internal use
GDIT is seeking a Site Operations Manager to support a large Program within our Federal Civilian space. As this Site Operations Manager, you will function as the senior business leader determining our customers’ needs and priorities, coordinating technical solutions responses to those needs, helping to shape customer acquisitions, and positioning GDIT to execute all facets of program delivery. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required. Successful candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate management and technical skills and have a passion for success, dedication and commitment.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas.
Has demonstrated expertise to lead teams to operate, maintain, sustain and dispose of existing National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) legacy satellite ground systems until these new ground systems and their associated observatory constellations are fully transitioned to operations. Must be able to migrate existing business functions to an enterprise ground architecture and use shared services as they become available for satellite operations. Must have direct relevant experience within NOAA, NASA, DoD or IC leading satellite ground systems operations, maintenance and sustainment initiatives.
Desired Expertise: Expertise in operations, maintenance, and sustainment of NESDIS-deployed hardware, firmware, and software ground systems to include, Satellite-to-Ground communications, including radio frequency (RF) and terrestrial communications networks, telemetry over Internet Protocol (IP), and RF antenna systems; Systems that support mission scheduling, ground system software/subsystem functions, and satellite command and control; Secure data ingest from both NOAA-operated satellite missions and external sources; Data Collection System (DCS) satellite services; Product generation, storage, monitoring, and distribution systems supporting new and improved satellite products, services, and algorithms; and Provision of information to the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) for archive and stewardship of these products.
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
Develops, negotiates and administers Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agrements, Subcontracts, and other related agreements in accordance with client requirements and GDIT policies and procedures.
Actively participates in the capture process which includes pricing and scheduling strategy, communicating with the subcontractor teammates regarding data calls assessing the responses received, and co-ordinating communications between subcontract stakeholders.
Ensures timely processing of subcontract negotiations for fair and reasonable pricing as well as terms and conditions with assistance from management and input from relevant stakeholders.
Creates and maintains compliant audit files in accordance with customer requirements and GDIT policies and procedures.
Provides advice and interpretation of subcontract requirements and generates reports for stakeholders as required.
Serves as a liaison facilitator between the program team and the subcontractor regarding contracting issues, escalating potential issues to management
Coordinates with program managers and all matrixed organizations to ensure subcontract requirements are fulfilled.
May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced subcontract administrators.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant subcontract procedures and practices and may provide guidance and/or task leadership to less-experienced subcontract administrators
Initiates and maintains an extensive network of communication with both internal and external customers.
Participates in and/or manages special projects as required.
Performs clerical and manual tasks to maintain an inventory of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment.
The Web Content Manager maintains the website for an office within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Duties include:
- Maintains the content of the website: creates, edits, updates, and publishes customer approved pieces of contents using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Coordinates the development of new pieces of content, including text, graphics, video, and interactive elements in consultation with Communications staff. Identifies content that is out of date for revision.
- Works closely with the Communications team and federal/contractor staff to draft stories and develop accompanying visuals
- Optimizes content to be search engine friendly
- Regularly tests site functionality, initiates corrective actions, and recommends user interface enhancements based on User Experience (UX) design methodologies
- Develops and maintains a taxonomy drawn from content objectives and ensures all website pages are tagged with relevant keywords and themes
- Tracks and collects site performance metrics using web analytics tools, analyzes web statistics, and provides recommendations to improve the reach and effectiveness of the website
- Develops performance measures and produces periodic site performance reports
- Directs the content approval workflow and documents approvals
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures
- Develops and executes a digital marketing strategy in coordination with federal staff
- Develops and posts social media content based on approved web content
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as needed
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Performs 508 remediation as needed
This position is based in Washington, DC and requires a Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.