Click column header to sort
The Web Content Manager maintains the website for an office within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Duties include:
- Maintains the content of the website: creates, edits, updates, and publishes customer approved pieces of contents using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Coordinates the development of new pieces of content, including text, graphics, video, and interactive elements in consultation with Communications staff. Identifies content that is out of date for revision.
- Works closely with the Communications team and federal/contractor staff to draft stories and develop accompanying visuals
- Optimizes content to be search engine friendly
- Regularly tests site functionality, initiates corrective actions, and recommends user interface enhancements based on User Experience (UX) design methodologies
- Develops and maintains a taxonomy drawn from content objectives and ensures all website pages are tagged with relevant keywords and themes
- Tracks and collects site performance metrics using web analytics tools, analyzes web statistics, and provides recommendations to improve the reach and effectiveness of the website
- Develops performance measures and produces periodic site performance reports
- Directs the content approval workflow and documents approvals
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures
- Develops and executes a digital marketing strategy in coordination with federal staff
- Develops and posts social media content based on approved web content
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as needed
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Performs 508 remediation as needed
This position is based in Washington, DC and requires a Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain one.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
- Answer routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
- Greet and escort visitors
- Retrieve; sort; and distribute incoming mail; newspapers; faxes; and other publications/documents
- Arrange for the delivery of outgoing mail/packages with the mailroom
- Prepare travel/training arrangements and process travel/training accounting/vouchers for the program office
- Draft; proofread; edit and coordinate correspondence
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
- Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Participate in meetings and events: may serve as recorder and may present position-related information
- Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
- Assist in ordering supplies/equipment and arranging for office equipment repairs
- Perform administrative back up support for other offices
- Recommend innovative processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the office
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Prepare routine status reports and track office-related metrics
- Manage routine website content updates and coordinate more complex website changes with webmaster
- Coordinate scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Attend meetings; events; and forums
- Assist in maintaining inventories; records; and receipts
- Coordinate office renovations and relocation activities
- Support TIER actions; assign actions to the appropriate divisions or branches; follow up on actions; coordinate responses in a non-conflicted manner for senior management review; provide status reports; and participate at NRO-wide TIER meetings
- Author and/or provide critical/final review of correspondence
- Draft documents such as instructions; spreadsheets; presentations and reports
- Build briefing packages and present information
- Analyze metrics and provide summary to senior management
- Administer databases and spreadsheets to include managing user accounts and accesses; creating reports; and performing updates
- Provides direct administrative support to a member of the ELT or senior customer executive
- Participates in special projects as required
This role is not yet funded
GDIT is seeking a Program Director to support a large Program within our Federal Civilian space. As this Program Director, you will function as the senior business leader determining our customers’ needs and priorities, coordinating technical solutions responses to those needs, helping to shape customer acquisitions, and positioning GDIT to execute all facets of program delivery. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required. Successful candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate management and technical skills and have a passion for success, dedication and commitment.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas.
Has demonstrated expertise to lead teams to operate, maintain, sustain and dispose of existing National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) legacy satellite ground systems until these new ground systems and their associated observatory constellations are fully transitioned to operations. Must be able to migrate existing business functions to an enterprise ground architecture and use shared services as they become available for satellite operations. Must have direct relevant experience within NOAA, NASA, DoD or IC leading satellite ground systems operations, maintenance and sustainment initiatives.
Desired Expertise: Expertise in operations, maintenance, and sustainment of NESDIS-deployed hardware, firmware, and software ground systems to include, Satellite-to-Ground communications, including radio frequency (RF) and terrestrial communications networks, telemetry over Internet Protocol (IP), and RF antenna systems; Systems that support mission scheduling, ground system software/subsystem functions, and satellite command and control; Secure data ingest from both NOAA-operated satellite missions and external sources; Data Collection System (DCS) satellite services; Product generation, storage, monitoring, and distribution systems supporting new and improved satellite products, services, and algorithms; and Provision of information to the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) for archive and stewardship of these products.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Fifteen years of Satellite and Ground Systems Program and Technical Management experience, leading a large team of 300+ individuals in operations, maintenance and sustainment
- Five years of experience interfacing and presenting to C-level executives
GDIT’s Early Career Program is designed with you in mind! Our technical internship allows you the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team that is helping to solve our client’s most complex issues. Throughout GDIT’s internship program, you will work on innovative projects that touch areas such as software development, data infrastructure, cybersecurity, networking, and IT support, and other related areas depending on your background and interest. As an intern, you will have real responsibilities and work alongside experienced and innovative industry professionals. Your internship experience will equip you with best in class skills to take back to the classroom.
GDIT is seeking a Data Warehouse/ Business IntelligenceIntern to join our EPM Business Intelligence team. The EPM Business Intelligence team focuses on helping GDIT achieve significant breakthrough results, including:
- Cutting edge technology solutions
- State of the art Business Intelligence applications
- Greater customer focus and expanded market share
- Better operational performance and execution
- Increased employee alignment and accountability
- 'Proactive' management vs. 'Reactive' management
Scope of Position
As a member of the team expect to develop technical, financial, and business skills. You will gain experience in and exposure to a wide variety of business intelligence practices and software while working closely with senior team members to support successful business intelligence solutions. You will have hands-on involvement in the full life cycle of projects: requirements, design, development, testing and rollout.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Will perform software development work in the following technologies: Application servers (ETL, BI, Web, etc.), Oracle databases.
- Learn new technologies such as state of the art ETL, BI, and web form tools.
- Solves problems proactively; actively seeks advice and guidance from senior staff
- Demonstrates rapid learning and flexibility and proactively pursues training
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance, and/or repair activities
Core hours: 0730-1730. Responsible for reviewing and/or packaging materials to complete transaction; record and audit current Trip Support inventory (monthly). Requires lifting packages/boxes of material/literature. Boxes can weigh up to 50 lbs. Review and maintain stock levels of recruiting materials including materials on-site and managed at vendor warehouse. Point of contact for property turn in requests and office chair repair/replacement. Responsible Officer for the office's accountable property for Government Owned Vehicles (GOV) and record keeper for monthly mileage updates.
Core Hours: 0800-1700. Prepare and submit requests utilizing the sponsor's system, obtain status updates from the ordering customers, procurement specialists and ordering tools and make necessary corrections to complete the request with specific attention to the classification of the association. Candidate will coordinate with technical team/procurement requestor to ensure correct product is identified for procurement by sponsor organization, analyze the potential replacement of a product if it is no longer available and provide replacement recommendations to the customer. Material transportation may fall within the purview of the contractor as they engage with the vendors. No physical personnel movement is involved. Serve as a receiving agent at a WMA warehousing operation to ensure packing lists and shipping are appropriate on an ad hoc basis.
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job)
The Secondary Firearms Instructor (SFI) supports the Lead Firearms Instructor (LFI) during the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) Requalification Training sessions. The SFI assists the LFI as directed in the preparation; completion; and post session clean-up requirements of all FFDO Semi-annual Firearms Requalification sessions.
Ensures student safety during dry-fire and live-fire training venues.
- The SFI provides one-on-one instruction to students during the pre-qualification (warm-up) course of fire; and any remedial training as designated by the LFI.
- The SFI must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate law enforcement training concepts and issues to a diverse audience; and must possess the demonstrated ability to instruct in accordance with the principles of basic adult education; as well as platform and practical area instruction for law enforcement.
- The SFI must have the ability to interpret; apply; and adhere to established program policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and lesson plans.
- The SFI keeps all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy.
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
Required skills/experience: Angular, NodeJS, UI development
Desired skills/experience: RESTful services, cloud experience, micro-services experience.
Responsibilities include designing and implementing user experience (UI) for web applications to enhance existing UI interfaces and design new interfaces. The UI developer will work with the Systems Engineer and fellow Developers to create detailed designs, translate and decompose requirements and develop key features and enhancements as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues.
2. Demonstrated experience designing and building web applications as part of a team.
3. Demonstrated experience analyzing user needs to determine technical requirements.
4. Demonstrated experience creating wireframes, storyboards and/or user flow models.
1. Demonstrated experience within an Agile environment.
2. Demonstrated experience supporting development in sponsor's applications.
3. Demonstrated experience supporting development in a micro-services environment.
4. Demonstrated experience supporting development secure RESTful services.
5. Demonstrated experience or certification in cloud technologies creating self-healing/auto-scaling systems.
The News Editor (Farsi) provides original content and copy-edits daily news items, feature articles and in-depth analyses in English and Farsi for a news provision program focused on the Middle East that currently publishes 5 days/week in Arabic, Farsi, English, French, Kurmanji and Sorani. Fluency in Farsi and current knowledge of Middle East affairs, with an emphasis on Iran and Iraq is required. Other tasks include researching local and regional media in the region, identifying coverage angles, coordinating translations, updating associated social media platforms, devising and implementing marketing campaigns, and technical tasks utilizing locally-developed tools associated with web-based publications.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Understand all the different systems that are monitored in the help desk and the Tier level responsibilities for the systems.
- Provide IT Service Management functions and first level troubleshooting to all customers.
- Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of failures and restore system capability to operations.
- Analyze, diagnose, and isolate failures to hardware.
- Directly replace or coordinate replacement of hardware failures.
- Collect data for proper escalation and resolution by Tier 2/3.
- Perform network management services to include: monitoring network device health and status, monitoring network performance and utilization optimization.
- Perform OS monitoring, Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, etc.
- Perform modifications to authorized user lists, user profiles, and file system maintenance.
- Understand all ITSM processes and document work accurately and effectively through the use of a ticketing system.
- Perform visual inspections of hardware and document/report all findings.
- Understand the Program Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure proper completion of work within timelines.
- Manage account requests and provide account management responsibilities for personnel on numerous systems.
- Know all functional leads and technicians for all the managed systems by the program.
- Understand local site command and hierarchy.
- Know POC’s for systems that the Program does not have responsibility for.
- Interface with customers and government officials.
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
- Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
- Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
- Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
- Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
- Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
- Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
- Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
- Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Shipboard/Shipyard experience a must
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.