Click column header to sort
The IT Service Readiness Coordinator will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for conducting, coordinating and verifying project control gate milestones activities through the IT Service Management lifecycle. The candidate is responsible for coordinating the process of assessing document and test artifacts against pre-determined IT service Verification and Validation entrance and exit criteria against our IT Service Readiness Framework.
- Create, maintain, and modify Readiness Plans based on project complexity
- Review compliance to Readiness Plans for each project, document, issues coordinate and track actions to resolve Readiness issues.
- Create, maintain and improve readiness procedures
- Work collaboratively with development/engineering teams and project managers, prepare entrance and exit criteria, and deliver all readiness artifacts for control gate review
- Guide/conduct and support readiness review events
- Document action items, Review Item Discrepancies (RIDs) and liens and track these through closure
- Provide and assist the project team with predefined Readiness event models and artifacts based on the complexity of the project
- Participate in special projects as required.
Supports multiple Naval Suppy System Command (NAVSUP) Country Program Managers and Transportation Specialists in the transportation of Security Cooperation and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) material. Performs all aspects of transportation coordination and support for multiple foreign partner countries involving classified, hazardous and general cargo. Duties include but are not limited to: working all FMS case transportation issues for all contracted countries; originate and coordinate classified, hazardous material and unclassified transportation plans; track outbound/inbound shipments of material to/from FMS partner countries and resolve frustrated freight situations. Coordinate all aspects of Special Assignment Airlift Missions (SAAM). Perform other duties as required.
- Coordinates with FMS Country Representatives for weapons systems transportation support; providing planning and recommendations for each customer as needed to fulfill their Program's transportation requirements;
- Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs including program; classified; or comsec transportation plans;
- Researches; identifies; and recommends resources required for task execution and completion;
- Analyzes shipments of high-value; sensitive; explosive; and/or classified assets for clients; determines cost effective modes of transportation to international destinations; arranges and plans SAAM flights and coordinated channel airlift;
- Attends meetings for FMS customers subscribing to the NAVAIR Transportation Team to provide technical briefings; reports; and status on major transportation policy issues;
- Coordinates with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of Significant Military Equipment and Freight Forwarders to ensure effective shipment of assets;
- Evaluates FMS customer country's transportation procedures/concepts to determine compliance with U.S. Government export/import laws and policies and recommends alternative support procedures/concepts;
- Serves as technical advisor to senior level client personnel in assigned subject areas; recommends functional changes; and identifies areas for further investigation;
- May represent NAVAIR's Director of Logistics for International Programs on international transportation issues with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency of the Department of Homeland Security; Department of State; Defense Security Cooperation Agency; and Navy International Programs;
- Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures; presentations; and training materials;
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts; and may have supervisory responsibilities;
- May perform business development activities;
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas;
- Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology is actively seeking a Trainer with experience in U.S Navy Satellite Communications systems to include Super-High Frequency (SHF), Ultra-High Frequency (UHF), or Navy Multiband Terminal Maintenance (NMT).
Develops; organizes; and conducts training for Fleet sailors in Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) Det East in Norfolk, VA in support of one or more of the following courses: SHF Communications Baseband Maintenance course, Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP) Maintenance course, UHF Systems Maintenance Technician course, and Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT) Maintenance course. The training program requires the ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level.
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical proficiency.
- Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements in NAVEDTRA 135.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Supports Formal Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement.
- Based on seniority; will be responsible for the preparations of subordinate instructor’s annual performance appraisals for leadership.
- Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a F-35 Network Engineer.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems. Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems. Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications. Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products. Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/ communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations. Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities. Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
- Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
GDIT will conduct experiment and development activities to enhance multiple cyber platforms in the area of command and control, planning, generation, execution, analysis, reporting, visualization and services to support the cyber mission of the U.S. Air Force.
The Ideal candidate will be supporting Cryptologic Cyber Systems Divison in an Agile Software Development environment. Developing and enhancing the cyber posture for AF weapons systems. SW Tool creation and platform integration.
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
The CAEIO team provides mission critical information technology (IT) resources to approximately 250 overseas posts including domestic Passport Agencies, Visa Processing Centers, Department of State annexes, and contractor sites. The team also supports approximately 10,000 worldwide clients including 1,200 Consular Affairs customers at locations in the Washington DC National Capitol Region.
The Information Systems Manager provides enterprise IT support to include: program management; administration support including inventory management and IT acquisitions support; operations engineering and implementation; operations and maintenance, including Service Desk support and infrastructure, applications and database support; onsite systems administration and hardware support/maintenance at domestic consular offices; enterprise operations monitoring; cyber security operations; and disaster recovery support.
The Infrastructure Support Manager has broad responsibility for infrastructure operations and systems administration of platforms installed globally supporting all CA systems and services. This includes management of infrastructure operations and maintenance within the domestic data centers, domestic consular locations, and overseas at posts. The Infrastructure Support Manager shall ensure the operation of the enterprise meets defined infrastructure service levels and serves as the contractor’s service owner for infrastructure service solutions. The Infrastructure Support Manager shall oversee operations and technical teams at multiple geographically dispersed data centers comprised of varied infrastructure, including converged server/storage solutions, at the domestic consular offices and overseas posts. The Infrastructure Support Manager shall be responsible for optimizing, standardizing, and improving storage solutions, including facilitating eventual migrations to cloud environments.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) certification
- Intermediate Level ITIL® Certification (or higher) in at least one Service Capability or Service Lifecycle Module
- A minimum of seven years of experience managing and overseeing operations, infrastructure, systems, and applications at multiple geographically dispersed areas with geographically dispersed teams
- Top Secret security clearance
**Position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Security Control Assessor (SCA) is the Information Assurance (IA) Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) role in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) workflow. The SCA role requires an IA professional with in-depth system security knowledge and skills to provide Assessment & Authorization (A&A) support throughout a systems lifecycle. The SCA conducts full and partial assessments of security controls implemented on customer owned and sponsored Information System’s (IS), enhances IS security awareness of Directorates & Offices’ staff, ensures proper IS security resources are appropriately applied as well as acts as IS liaison between the Directorates & Offices and the Government.
- Review information systems for compliance with applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance
- Provide IS security advice and guidance in accordance with applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance to Government and industry partners for the protection of data at all classification levels including SCI
- Provide IS technical guidance and support in preparing responses for USG approval to A&A questions asked by Government and industry partners;
- Evaluate and recommend approval, disapproval, or waiver(s) for IS processing national security data at industry and/or Government facilities
- Support development and implementation of directives and guidance for Information Assurance, Information Technology, and Information Management policies
- Provide input for consideration in the promulgation of future IS security policy
- Support and/or conduct site visits and assessments to inspect and verify IS reports and plans at industrial and Government locations as approved by the Government, and provide a written report for review and approval by the USG;
- Track completion of the Security Assessment Package and report status;
- Support the preparation of the Security Assessment Report (SAR). The SAR contents include, but is not limited to the, Summary of Assessment results and Authorization Recommendation;
- Review, coordinate, and respond to IS security issues as requested by the Government;
- Perform short term (less than 90 days) CONUS and OCONUS travel to conduct site security inspections when approved by the Government;
- Provide A&A support to the Government for the protection of special programs and tactical operations related activities.
- Participates in special projects as required
GDIT is hiring an Enterprise Architect. This position designs and defines enterprise architecture for applications and infrastructure. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop technical roadmaps for future implementations.
- Develop business case analysis on potential projects.
- Ensure security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
- Act as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Evaluate new application, infrastructure and cloud decisions in existing context of applications, infrastructure, standards, current business strategy and future business strategy
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced IT staff and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serve as liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Provide high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Understand all the different systems that are monitored in the help desk and the Tier level responsibilities for the systems.
- Provide IT Service Management functions and first level troubleshooting to all customers.
- Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of failures and restore system capability to operations.
- Analyze, diagnose, and isolate failures to hardware.
- Directly replace or coordinate replacement of hardware failures.
- Collect data for proper escalation and resolution by Tier 2/3.
- Perform network management services to include: monitoring network device health and status, monitoring network performance and utilization optimization.
- Perform OS monitoring, Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, etc.
- Perform modifications to authorized user lists, user profiles, and file system maintenance.
- Understand all ITSM processes and document work accurately and effectively through the use of a ticketing system.
- Perform visual inspections of hardware and document/report all findings.
- Understand the Program Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure proper completion of work within timelines.
- Manage account requests and provide account management responsibilities for personnel on numerous systems.
- Know all functional leads and technicians for all the managed systems by the program.
- Understand local site command and hierarchy.
- Know POC’s for systems that the Program does not have responsibility for.
- Interface with customers and government officials.
- Participate in special projects as required
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.