Click column header to sort
This position is not yet funded.
Network/System Administrator Journeyman - Technical lead for a team of Sys Admin/Help Desk Technicians who are responsible for telephone, online, and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard desktop applications, customized applications, network, and connectivity. The Help Desk Technician may work alone or as part of a team serving as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting problems for computer hardware, software, printers, network, and connectivity and maintains help desk records of all problem calls.
Location: FL or CA
This position is not yet funded.
Network/System Administrator Senior serves as the technical lead and first-line supervisor for a team of Sys Admin/Help Desk Technicians who are responsible for telephone, online, and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard desktop applications, and customized applications network, and connectivity. The Help Desk Manager may work alone or as part of a team serving as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting problems for computer hardware, software, printers, network, and connectivity. The Help Desk Manager reviews help desk records to identify problem areas and may provide recommendations for hardware and software changes to solve observed problems.
Location: FL or CA
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
Unix and Windows Hardware support
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products..
- Must be able to track project studies, plans, action items, etc..
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
Serves as the senior System administrator responsible for the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Also serves as the onsite Task Lead responsible for providing the day-to-day supervision and coordination of personnel supporting this contract. Tyical duties include:
- Maintain connectivity of classified and unclassified systems; report outages outside to the Fort Huachuca NEC following current policy; provide recommendation(s) to the Government for any failed hardware; and provide corrective action for all outages.
- Perform system configuration changes and administration of systems as required and/or as directed by the Government. The Contractor shall provide change documentation to the Configuration Manager.
- Perform administration of backup solutions to include monthly archiving and off-site storage. Backups are conducted daily of File Servers, and SQL databases.
- The Contractor shall perform systems administration of all servers to include, but not limited to, the application of the latest security patches and DISA Security Template Installation Guide (STIG) and comply with IAVA directives per the Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) specified suspense dates set for each IAVA.
- Provide support in technology refresh, including making recommendations to the Government regarding what technology to replace, solutions for replacement technology, removal of older technology from the network and insertion of the new technology.
- Provide support in the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of approximately 32 network printers, 11 Fax machines, 12 scanners, 8 copiers, and 28 stand-alone printers.
- Provide assistance in the establishment of VTC connections in absence of Government personnel.
- Maintain compliance with applicable DoD security standards for all systems.
- Perform under Government oversight, response to security incidents per AR 25-2, Classified Information Spillage for Information Systems and Best Business Practice checklist.
- Responsible for daily coordination with the customer to determine task requirements, prioritize personnel work efforts and provide updates to management and Government Leads.
- Maintain work schedules and ensure personnel are onsite during customer core coverage hours.
- Engage customer to ensure work and administrative task are completed and to expectations.
Employer: General Dynamics Information Technology, Inc.
Position: Prinicpal Software Engineer 2019-64847
Location: 1401 50th Street, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Research, design, develop, and modify enterprise-wide systems and applications software, drawing on experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE); Siebel Analytics administration tool; web analytics; OBIEE Presentation Services; OBIEE Publisher and Scheduler; and using OBIEE/Siebel Analytics to create analytical repositories, business models, reports, and dynamic dashboards.
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products and make significant enhancements to existing software.
- Research and integrate software design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolve complex hardware-software compatibility and interface design issues.
- Advise company IT staff regarding writing and updating technical documentation, including user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoot complex problem and provide customer support for complex systems and applications software issues.
- Advise company Hardware Engineers regarding machine characteristics affecting software systems, including storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Generate reports regarding software development analysis, insights, and project progress.
- Visa sponsorship not offered.
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Help Desk Specialist.
Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users. Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Acts as the overall lead, manager and administrator for the contracted effort. Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities on technical and program/project issues. Oversees contractor execution of the contract requirements. Manages acquisition and employment of program/project resources. Provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals. Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. This technician performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the incumbent troubleshoots computer problems, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software. Knowledge of help desk ticketing systems, managed services software, Windows 10, 7, Active Directory, Network Basics, VPN Basics, and Mobile Device Basics.
General Dynamics Information Technology seeking an Operations Analyst in the Vandenberg, California area. An active DoD TS/SCI clearance is required.
The 14th Air Force (14 AF) Forces (AFFOR) Communications Control Center (ACCC) provides the Headquarters, Air Force Space Command (AFPC) and 14 AF Commanders and the 624th Operations Center (624 OC) with situational awareness of AFSPC-unique functional system availability and compliance with network taskings.
The 14 AF ACCC operates as part of the AFFOR for Command and Control (C2) of cyberspace forces supporting Space missions to ensure effective mission assurance. ACCC manages the trouble ticket process and prioritization on behalf of the space wings, oversees cyberspace orders compliance and informs and enables the C2 of Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO). This position supports the 14AF ACCC Knowledge Management (KM) capabilities and services including all activities associated with organizing, maintaining and sharing of data, information and knowledge. KM services consist of identifying, mapping and analyzing operational processes of the ACCC and providing feedback and recommendations for streamlining processes supporting 14AF Space Wings, Los Angeles AFB and the United States Air Force Academy.
- Design and implement Knowledge Management (KM) systems and tools at the Unclassified, Secret, and Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information levels using products such as Microsoft SharePoint 2013 in accordance with requirements and policies set by the Designated Approval Authority for each specific network
- Develop and maintain a central repository of IT services support knowledge accessible by 614 ACOMS personnel and customers
- Provide on-the-job training specific to KM services, systems, and tools for government personnel during duty hours as specified in work center’s master train plan
- Demonstrate knowledge of planning and coordinating the complete life cycle of organizational data and information assets
- Manage the process for 14 AF ACCC to plan, coordinate, manage, share, and control information.
- Identify and analyze data, information, and knowledge requirements to facilitate discovery and dissemination of decision-quality information
- Assist and educate users on authoritative data sources, data services, and presentation tools to meet 14 AF objectives
Will be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and management of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012 and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2005/2008R2/2012. Must have a strong understanding of database schema object management, data modeling and architecture. Will facilitate, implement, monitor and test database backups and recovery methodologies and processes. Will monitor and optimize the performance of the production SQL server databases. Responsible for database security, integrity, reliability, high availability and disaster recovery solutions. Identify and troubleshoot database issues and the ability to analyze, design, build, test and implement solutions. Implement and troubleshoot triggers, views, stored procedures and data integrity constraints. Monitor file system space, database allocation; verify efficient use of disk storage; optimize space allocation; prevent out-of-space situations; and proactively plan for increased capacity and scalability. Participate in non-core business hours monthly patching.
**Position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Information Assurance Engineer (IAE) is responsible for conducting information systems security engineering activities throughout the acquisition lifecycle. IAEs are responsible for capturing and refining information protection requirements to ensure their integration into information systems acquisition and information systems development through purposeful security design or configuration. The IAE integrates security functional requirements into existing acquisition lifecycle phases, milestones, and deliverables using systems engineering principles and methodologies. Personnel shall be knowledgeable of best practices when implementing security controls including software engineering methodologies, security engineering principles, and secure coding techniques and coordinates activities with assessment and authorization stakeholders.
- Participate in discussions at the system engineering level to enhance the security of the customer networks
- Provide support to system certification activities and efforts related to system certification and accreditation
- Provide technical support in investigating and minimizing real or potential damage resulting from security incidents
- Research, analyze, integrate, and distribute IS security tools and associated documentation, subject to USG review and approval
- Provide on-site assistance for integrating IS security tools into Contractor and Government information systems
- Develop security procedures for systems and software within area of expertise to ensure consistent security policy implementation for review and approval of USG
- Support the creation, update, and presentation of Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and other related materials to both internal and external organizations as a security Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Participate in and support various Information Assurance forums as directed
- Support the Intelligence Community (IC) and Industry-based working groups as directed
- Participates in special projects as required.
THIS POSITION IS NOT YET FUNDED.
General Dynamics Information Technology is a premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. We deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security, the intelligence community, and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems. GDIT is currently seeking a Program Director in Northern Virginia to join our team. This position requires an individual with a broad skillset that can lead a large Information Technology Infrastructure Service Delivery organization, drive new business organic growth, and build customer relationships to understand our customers’ evolving needs. The selected candidate must be able to obtain government security clearance (Secret).
In this role, you will function as the Deputy Program Manager / Operations Manager on a program responsible for the delivery of IT services and support to our customer. You will work closely to support effective delivery of the following: maintain a stable, cost effective and secure IT environment; provide quality, timely and cost efficient maintenance; protect and present customer information that facilitates the mission; and modernize technology to meet business demands in a cost effective manner. This includes all facets of operations for computer, network, communications, and hardware and software infrastructure technologies.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Engineer joining our team to support Government activities at Herndon, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to work independently and manage multiple task assignments, research, design, and development. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
- Convert mission and customer needs into system requirements and definitions
- Integrate non-enterprise monitoring and logging
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 15 years related experience.
- Technical Skills: Experience with enterprise monitoring tools (i.e. Splunk, Nagios, etc.), provide ad-hoc data mining and reporting as requested, identify gaps in system design, experience in scripting languages (Python, Perl, or BASH), and perform code deployment/mitigation and system configuration across multiple environments to Linux/Windows.
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively prosecute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.