Click column header to sort
Vice President - NCR IT Services
Lead all aspects of programs supporting National Capitol Region (NCR) Information Technology (IT) Services, and related efforts, from capture through delivery. As the senior leader of this portfolio, support programs involving cybersecurity, agile development, network infrastructure, and more both internally and externally (clients, partners, GDIT teams) providing oversight, leadership, guidance and results.
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas.
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area with annual revenues above $100M EC
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. The candidate will apply technical skills and experience to receive, track, process, load, duplicate and disseminate data for a variety of applications. The candidate will establish and document complete, accurate sourcing of data. Candidate will conduct data transfers between systems, configure data routes, manage data access control settings, and monitor data flows. Candidate will monitor health of data loads, troubleshoot issues, run audits, and archive/purge data as necessary. Candidate will add/remove data selectors and update reference tables. Candidate will track and provide daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports and statistics/metrics, and support COOP and emergency response activities. The successful candidate is able to work under only general direction, and independently determines approaches and develops innovative solutions to improve efficiency and quality of data management.
1. Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following : Apache CAMEL and ActiveMQ, forensic toolkit, WinHEX or other Hex Editors, Tableau TD3, Microsoft Detours, Pentaho, Linux Operating System (OS), Windows OS, AppleOS, WinZip, WinRAR, Encase 4/5, Aspera Big Data Transfer software, Logicube, OmniClone Xi.
2. Demonstrated experience with computer file management in Windows and UNIX/Linux Management.
3. At least two years of experience with receiving, tracking, processing/loading and disseminating data for various applications.
4. Ability to interact with various stakeholders to include senior management and customers.
Lead level “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
9. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Requisition for Enterprise Service Delivery Contract Incumbent Capture.
GDIT is seeking a Research Technician III to support the Naval Medical Research Unit located at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas (NAMRU-SA). NAMRU-SA is a major research and development (R&D) center conducting medical, dental and directed energy biomedical research, which focuses on ways to enhance the health, safety, performance, and operational readiness of Navy and Marine Corps personnel and addresses their emergent medical problems in routine and combat operations. Specific responsiblities include:
- Responsible for supporting laboratory based research applying the latest scientific knowledge towards the solution of a broad range of theoretical and practical problems in the areas of hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, directed energy bioeffects, bioassay development, craniofacial, and infectious diseases.
- Implements and maintains research files.
- Recommends changes to protocols and SOPs for research under contract.
- Modifies and plans research experiments, procedures, and tests.
- Coordinates the implementation of sponsored and PI initiated laboratory research studies, including maintenance of study records and activities associated with internal and external audits in coordination with the PI.
- Assists in research design.
- Assists with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Sets up and operates,laboratory equipment and apparatus in accordance with protocols for research under contract.
- Assists ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies for research under contract.
- Provides additional functions incidental to research activities.
- Recruits and reviews suitability of potential participants for research and/or clinical trials.
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies (for potential research participants), recommends changes to protocol, assists in initiating and maintaining established regulatory requirements and oversees work of junior/entry level contract personnel.
- Reports on status of task order activities.
- Analyzes data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Provide assistance and support in the following activities: surgical procedures, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, animal housing, animal record keeping, and insuring specific pathogen free techniques; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Daily handling and restraint of various small and large animal species.
- Maintains traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, and record keeping.
- Conducts daily and weekly inspections of areas of responsibility to ensure compliance with standards.
- Coordinates animal research work activities between contract personnel.
**Position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Security Control Assessor (SCA) is the Information Assurance (IA) Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) role in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) workflow. The SCA role requires an IA professional with in-depth system security knowledge and skills to provide Assessment & Authorization (A&A) support throughout a systems lifecycle. The SCA conducts full and partial assessments of security controls implemented on customer owned and sponsored Information System’s (IS), enhances IS security awareness of Directorates & Offices’ staff, ensures proper IS security resources are appropriately applied as well as acts as IS liaison between the Directorates & Offices and the Government.
- Review information systems for compliance with applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance
- Provide IS security advice and guidance in accordance with applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance to Government and industry partners for the protection of data at all classification levels including SCI
- Provide IS technical guidance and support in preparing responses for USG approval to A&A questions asked by Government and industry partners;
- Evaluate and recommend approval, disapproval, or waiver(s) for IS processing national security data at industry and/or Government facilities
- Support development and implementation of directives and guidance for Information Assurance, Information Technology, and Information Management policies
- Provide input for consideration in the promulgation of future IS security policy
- Support and/or conduct site visits and assessments to inspect and verify IS reports and plans at industrial and Government locations as approved by the Government, and provide a written report for review and approval by the USG;
- Prepare reports and memoranda, to include, but not limited to: Memoranda for the Record (MFR), Memoranda of Agreement (MOA), Authorization To Proceed, and status and technical briefs for review and approval by USG;
- Update data and maintain Government-provided databases with current information about Government and industry IS status and representative contact information.
- Prepare, review, and record notification and status messages to indicate A&A state of systems to system owner or programs in a USG approved format.
- Ensure that appropriate IS security requirements including applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance are addressed and applied and that appropriate documentation is prepared by the system owners or programs. The documentation will be contained in the Security Assessment Package, including, but not limited to the Concept of Operations (CONOPS) Plan, System Security Plans, System Requirements Traceability Matrix, Risk Management Matrix, Test Results, interface control documents, requests for changes, test plans, and other related program security documentation;
- Track completion of the Security Assessment Package and report status;
- Support the preparation of the Security Assessment Report (SAR). The SAR contents include, but is not limited to the, Summary of Assessment results and Authorization Recommendation;
- Review, coordinate, and respond to IS security issues as requested by the Government;
- Perform short term (less than 90 days) CONUS and OCONUS travel to conduct site security inspections when approved by the Government;
- Provide A&A support to the Government for the protection of special programs and tactical operations related activities.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization.
Addresses day to day operations, tasking activities and records management.Document, manage, and task out incoming requirements using internal practices to include document and records management and control, iinternally to the office and externally with the IC Executive Branch and Congress.Provide extensive support for the tracking and coordination tasks as required by the office.
Position requires active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Regional Cyber Center – Europe. The USARCC-E’s mission is to operate, manage and defend the European and African portion of the Army’s NIPRnet and SIPRnet. The RCC-E provides Information Technology (IT) services and network operations to the Joint Information Environment (JIE), insuring the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the information and systems used in planning, coordinating, directing, controlling, and sustaining military forces. This contract supports USAREUR, USARAF, USEUCOM, and USAFRICOM missions with robust, reliable and secure information systems support.
Serves as a Farsi social media analyst within the USCENTCOM portfolio of a web-based MISO program. Familiarizes with designated regional issues and draws upon publicly available online information resources. Reads, analyzes, and drafts communications regarding regional and ideological discussions in specified foreign language media environments. Analyzes current media statements or postings to support trend analysis and identifies key communicators. Demonstrates reading and writing expertise in the assigned language and incorporates custom social media solutions to comprehend online environments and communicate trends effectively. Demonstrates knowledge of online social media and different technologies, and documents activities, notes, informative papers, or whitepapers written in English. Some travel may be required. Ability to work nonstandard hours and in on-call status for periods of time may be required.
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.