Click column header to sort
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
The candidate will serve as a member of the Enterprise Service Desk providing support to the Army Research Laboratory. In addition, they will possess strong troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows 7/10 mixed environment. Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Suites, WIM, McAfee products, PKI, and a wide variety of COTS/GOTS software. Basic networking knowledge and static TCP/IP configurations is helpful. Experience with CA UniCenter Service Desk and ACD systems is a plus, but not mandatory. Experience with desktop virtualization using VMWare is a plus.
The candidate must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ideal candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are also a must!
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service; handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 3500
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment utilizing remote access software and desk-side visits
- Configuring and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, lab equipment, and other peripherals
- Assisting users with account setup, email configuration, CAC setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC’s
- Computer lifecycle replacements utilizing Windows Imaging software
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco AnyConnect
- Assist in the tracking of various projects and assignments
- Updating work orders in ticketing system (Currently CA Service Desk), Excel spreadsheets, and various databases (data input)
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements
The Enterprise & Mission Solution Business Unit currently has an opening for a Senior Storage Engineer to support the Vanguard 2 program. The Vanguard 2 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
Description of Duties:
This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current TS security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will be responsible for the development of enterprise storage system designs for IT projects. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and integrate enterprise storage solutions for ~260 Overseas Posts.
- Act as the technical team lead for Enterprise Storage integration projects.
- Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
- Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
- Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
- Reviewing and documenting functionality of existing legacy applications.
- Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as required.
- Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
Must have an understanding of shipboard HM&E equipment and system operations.
US Navy HM&E experience preferred.
Shipboard experience with NAVSEA MIL-STDs a plus.
GDIT is currently identifying qualified candidates for a Systems Technician II located Pearl Harbor, HI.
Duties for the Systems Technician II include:
- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Provide customer support for DLA through Incident resolution for various IT systems, hardware, and applications.
- Assist in performing technical operation and testing of various types of fully integrated computer-based systems in a supervised setting.
- Ability to operate a wide variety of system components to include hardware, software, and mass storage technology.
- Ability to operate under supervision communications computer systems, and install, implement, maintain and tune operating systems, disk and tape management systems, and computer operations automation software.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 2-5 years of related software development experience
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Flume.
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with Elastic Search and relational databases.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities
Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
1. Performs complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Conducts complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures.
5. Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology and CSRA have united to create the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. Together as General Dynamics Information Technology, we deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
Team GDIT is currently seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator in Falls Church, VA to join our team. The candidate is expected to have extensive experience in managing a full range of contracts in support of the U.S. Department of Defense.
As a systems engineer; performs design of server and application architectures. Performs the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel
Incumbent will perform a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in in support of Department of Navy and Department of Defense Security Cooperation and Foreign Military Sales programs. Particular focus will coordination and oversight of US programs to provide a range of USN technical training to international students associated with the acquisition of maritime aviation and surface weapon systems.
Coordinate the development and delivery of complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives
Develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
Maintains records of training activities and program effectiveness
Provide program leadership to participating Navy activities
Conducts research into new or alternative training to address program objectives
Conducts site surveys and documents current site telecommunications configuration and user requirements. Follows engineering installation packages, and works with telecommunications installation team. Assists in documenting configuration changes at each site. Must have experience in using common test equipment (e.g. digital test sets, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers). Must have experience testing telecommunications equipment/systems and following standard test procedures. Must have experience in be trouble-shooting problems with telecommunications equipment to include system interfaces. Prepares test reports. Must have 2 years of telecommunications/electronics vocational training, or professional certification from an ABET accredited technical school or equivalent military school with a minimum of 2 years experience in two or more of the specialties identified in paragraph 4.1 or as specified in the individual task order. 50% travel expected.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.