Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic self-starter to join the Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) Weapon Systems (WS) Radio DataLink Fielding Team at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. The successful candidate will serve as a Voice/Data Communications Engineer on the AOC Long Term Modernization and Sustainment Contract. Duties will consist of planning, engineering, and fielding all Radio Frequency (RF) systems to AOC's all over the globe. Systems include UHF and HF radio systems, AN/PRC-117G Multiband Radio, URG-III HF Radio, TC-8000 Multiplexer System, Combat Track II, Global Broadcast System, TRICS/WAVE Radio Distribution System, Fiber Optic Remote Antenna eXtension (FORAX), High Performance Waveform, Joint Range Extension, Joint Air Defense System Integrator and the AOC Core Radio Package. Build, test and install coaxial cables and lightning protection systems. Install and test tactical satellite and line of site antennas. Document installations by writing site specific engineering plans. Conducts site surveys, builds lists of materials, completes requests for quotes, conducts technical evaluations, creates as built wiring diagrams, creates rack elevations and creates other diagrams and spread sheets as required. Knowledge of coaxial cable, Ethernet cable, and some network engineering for Radio Distribution. Assist the Configuration Management team with Site Assessment Team visits to include interviewing personnel and auditing hardware.
Must be experienced with data and trend analysis, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations to the client.
Identify innovative modifications required to improve existing applications or recommend alternatives to current applications.
Responsible for analysis of performance metrics, database management, coordination of the enterprise level Learning Management System (LMS) support, high-level system architecture recommendations and level II help desk support.
Experienced integrating distance learning courses with LMS/LCMS and Blackboard system applications, verification and validation testing, and performing level 2 help desk support.
Experience includes troubleshooting technical issues for end users, courseware developers, and LMS Administrators. Technical issues usually relate to system data problems for the end user, and our support includes developing or recommending database scripts to correct the data issue so that users can continue training.
Comprehensive knowledge of SCORM standards and Section 508 compliance and experienced with data and trend analysis, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations to management.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
Unix and Windows Hardware support
· Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
· Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
· Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
· Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
· Provides troubleshooting and support.
· Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
· Coordinates development of deliverables and products..
· Must be able to track project studies, plans, action items, etc..
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
· Participates in special projects as required.
**Position requires an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph**
The Security Control Assessor (SCA) is the Information Assurance (IA) Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) role in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) workflow. The SCA role requires an IA professional with in-depth system security knowledge and skills to provide Assessment & Authorization (A&A) support throughout a systems lifecycle. The SCA conducts full and partial assessments of security controls implemented on customer owned and sponsored Information System’s (IS), enhances IS security awareness of Directorates & Offices’ staff, ensures proper IS security resources are appropriately applied as well as acts as IS liaison between the Directorates & Offices and the Government.
- Review information systems for compliance with applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance
- Provide IS security advice and guidance in accordance with applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance to Government and industry partners for the protection of data at all classification levels including SCI
- Provide IS technical guidance and support in preparing responses for USG approval to A&A questions asked by Government and industry partners;
- Evaluate and recommend approval, disapproval, or waiver(s) for IS processing national security data at industry and/or Government facilities
- Support development and implementation of directives and guidance for Information Assurance, Information Technology, and Information Management policies
- Provide input for consideration in the promulgation of future IS security policy
- Support and/or conduct site visits and assessments to inspect and verify IS reports and plans at industrial and Government locations as approved by the Government, and provide a written report for review and approval by the USG;
- Prepare reports and memoranda, to include, but not limited to: Memoranda for the Record (MFR), Memoranda of Agreement (MOA), Authorization To Proceed, and status and technical briefs for review and approval by USG;
- Update data and maintain Government-provided databases with current information about Government and industry IS status and representative contact information.
- Prepare, review, and record notification and status messages to indicate A&A state of systems to system owner or programs in a USG approved format.
- Ensure that appropriate IS security requirements including applicable DCID, ICD, and directives and guidance are addressed and applied and that appropriate documentation is prepared by the system owners or programs. The documentation will be contained in the Security Assessment Package, including, but not limited to the Concept of Operations (CONOPS) Plan, System Security Plans, System Requirements Traceability Matrix, Risk Management Matrix, Test Results, interface control documents, requests for changes, test plans, and other related program security documentation;
- Track completion of the Security Assessment Package and report status;
- Support the preparation of the Security Assessment Report (SAR). The SAR contents include, but is not limited to the, Summary of Assessment results and Authorization Recommendation;
- Review, coordinate, and respond to IS security issues as requested by the Government;
- Perform short term (less than 90 days) CONUS and OCONUS travel to conduct site security inspections when approved by the Government;
- Provide A&A support to the Government for the protection of special programs and tactical operations related activities.
- Participates in special projects as required.
***Only applicants with an active Top Secret (TS) Clearance need apply***
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Unified Communications/Secure Messaging Operator to join our Justice Programs team in support of the to our Justice Programs team in Clarksburg, WV.
The primary duties for this position included engineering, integration, design and development of voice, video and/or data communications networks including email, instant messaging (Lync/Skype), telephone, and video teleconferencing. Other areas of expertise include:
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to VTC, webcast, and Microsoft lync users
- Participate in the planning, evaluation, selection, and recommendation of initiatives related to Lync/Skype technologies
- Provide remote assistance for A/V installations
- Server and email systems, and a thorough understanding of how encryption will work with mail systems to reliably meet security requirements is required.
- Possess knowledge in streaming video systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, network streaming protocols, and communication standards.
- Assist CSU engineering personnel with new development projects and work with supporting units
- Manage high profile tasks and provide executive level support
- Schedule and monitor multiple conferences daily on the unclassified, secret, and top secret networks
- Track and investigate on-going or recurring problems by using standard and custom problem management tools and processes, and develop plans and recommendations for improvements
- Document processes and procedures
Functional Responsibility: Configure remotely communication media, bridges, and other devices; resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including email, file transfer, multimedia, and teleconferencing. Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users at the distant end, remotely. May provide guidance and training to lower level personnel and serve as technical team or task lead.
Telecommunications Specialists must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge to troubleshoot, implement, and provide telecommunications support on behalf of their Government organization. They provide regular maintenance and ensure telecommunication devices function properly. They require strong interpersonal and communication abilities to interact with Contractor and Government staff and communicate technical issues in non-technical language. In addition, Telecommunications Specialists provide customer support for technical requests, process data to locate possible issues, and process voicemail and calling card requests.
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
Participates in special projects as required
Responsible for identifying, troubleshooting and resolving problems encountered on various computer systems, printers, websites, and desktop applications. Provide technical support to end-users regarding computer hardware and software. Install, test, certify and troubleshoot networking cabling systems. Serve as customer contact on technical and service related problems. Identify/Install new releases, updates, or other changes to software and hardware. Provide technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software. Ability to work under limited supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
- Screens and manages trouble tickets based on SLA priorities
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Analyzes customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Will create new user accounts, issue the accounts, and maintain the accounts.
UC Technician - Systems Technician II
Top Secret Clearance
This is an Emergency Essential Civilian (EEC) positions.
This position offers an exciting opportunity supporting a dynamic, real-word mission in Seoul, South Korea. Often called "the Land of Morning Calm," South Korea is an exciting place to be as it provides numerous opportunities for you, your family, and friends to experience a great diverse culture of people, activities, and friends. Additionally, being located in South Korea lends itself to the convenience of being able to travel and visit surrounding countries, such as Thailand, Japan, Singapore, etc. This is truly a unique opportunity. Position will reloatate to Camp Humphreys in 2019 calendar year.
This position is a member of the UC Team responsible for developing solutions and providing Tier 1-3 support for all UC systems on SIPRNet and CENTRIX-K. The work environment is fast-paced so, the UC Technician must have the ability to work on multiple projects at once and rapidly reprioritize based on dynamic customer needs. Must possess a working knowledge of all collaboration related equipment as well as knowledge of DoD security guides, STIG/SRG, within enterprise data centers and end user sites. Principal duties include:
- Maintain highly available collaboration equipment, software, and services for successfully delivering collaboration services to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate between different internal teams and Government organization staffs to provide robust meeting and collaboration service delivery.
- Provide accurate and timely support of highly available collaboration and telecommunication configurations.
- Design, development and support of collaboration and Video Teleconference along with Data Wall solutions to meet current and anticipated U.S. Government requirements.
- Partner with Training Team to develop training materials and job aids for effectively utilizing collaboration, Video Teleconference along with Data Wall service.
- Colaborate with FSS (Field Service Support) team on the installation and operation of Video Teleconference along with Data Wall.
- Plan, document and deliver collaboration and Video Teleconference along with Data Wall maintenance adhering to upgrades, STIG’s and CCRI Compliant procedures while minimizing customer disruptions.
- Effectively transition new services and solutions into production securely while adhering to testing and quality standards.Make timely recommendations to effectively solve problems, using independent judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and/or law.
- Engineer/develop solutions to address government customer requirements. Lifecycle maintenance and/or migration of legacy systems.
- Design diagrams, work-flows, systems overview, and design/implementation plans.
- Review and implements Department of Defense (DoD) STIGs/SRGs upon internal or 3rd party developed solutions.
- Perform risk assessments of internal and 3rd party developed solutions.
- Update documented service delivery procedures in a Unified Capabilities (UC) Services SOP on an annual basis.
- Provide 24/7 on call support.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Leads team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects. Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components. Provides applications systems analysis and programming activities for a Government site, facility or multiple locations. Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources. Oversees all aspects of projects. Acts as the lead, manager and administrator for the contracted effort in support of a Navy program or project. Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities and representatives on technical and program/project issues. Oversees contractor personnel program/project operations by developing procedures, planning and directing execution of the technical, programming, maintenance and administrative support effort and monitoring and reporting progress. Manages acquisition and employment of program/ project resources and controls financial and administrative aspects of the program/project with respect to contract requirements.
Functions as a Systems Integrator for a diverse team that supports other development teams in the areas of Software Engineers, Developers, Systems Engineers, and Testers.
- Works in an agile environment and is able to follow Lean and SAFe Agile Methodology.
- Assist in identifying and documenting requirements
- Release Management
- Ensures the Program Manager stays informed of the status of the many ongoing activities and coordinates with teams to get the information needed.
- Works with the team to provide Business Process workflows to ensure current and future processes are documented.
- Provides metrics on the current systems and the status of ongoing development metrics.
- Conducts outreach and coordination with stakeholders, and acts as liaison between stakeholders, Government and Contractor Management, and the team.
- Monitors status of team and helps where necessary.
- Manage the change management process for deployments
- Manage the testing process for deployments
- Create the weekly report
- Request system accesses for team members
- Schedule meetings and conference rooms
- Attend meetings and take meeting minutes
- Assist Program Manager with creating briefings
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
- Answer routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
- Greet and escort visitors
- Retrieve; sort; and distribute incoming mail; newspapers; faxes; and other publications/documents
- Arrange for the delivery of outgoing mail/packages with the mailroom
- Prepare travel/training arrangements and process travel/training accounting/vouchers for the program office
- Draft; proofread; edit and coordinate correspondence
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
- Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Participate in meetings and events: may serve as recorder and may present position-related information
- Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
- Assist in ordering supplies/equipment and arranging for office equipment repairs
- Perform administrative back up support for other offices
- Recommend innovative processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the office
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Prepare routine status reports and track office-related metrics
- Manage routine website content updates and coordinate more complex website changes with webmaster
- Coordinate scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Attend meetings; events; and forums
- Assist in maintaining inventories; records; and receipts
- Coordinate office renovations and relocation activities
- Support TIER actions; assign actions to the appropriate divisions or branches; follow up on actions; coordinate responses in a non-conflicted manner for senior management review; provide status reports; and participate at NRO-wide TIER meetings
Additional Job Duties Include:
- Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
- Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
- Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
- Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
- Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
- Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- May provide work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.