Click column header to sort
This position is not yet funded.
This position will provide leadership, guidance, alignment, and direction to team of engineers for the effective design, development, delivery, and documentation of scalable, distributed, highly available email systems and email retention systems. The candidate must have experience integrating Exchange with load balancing, anti-spam, content filtering solution and PKI and two-factor authentication. Ideally the candidate will have with experience with existing and emerging technologies that provide Unified Endpoint Management (UEM), policy control for mobile phones and apps and familiar with other emerging tablet technologies.
- Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects
- Generally recognized as a leader in the industry in their area of expertise; sought out by others in the area of expertise for advice and guidance
- Provide expert support, analysis, research, and advice into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter
- Serve as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives. Expertise is in a particular area of Information Technology (e.g., Cybersecurity, Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management).
- Perform highly specialized and technical tasks associated with the most current and cutting-edge technologies
- May serve as a technical consultant to a project or a number projects dealing with area of technical expertise
- Coordinate with contract management and Government personnel to ensure the problems have been properly defined and the solutions satisfy customer needs
The senior Avaya engineer position involves working in an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) environment on an federal government contract with a team of telecommunications engineers and analysts to maintain and update unified voice, video, and web conferencing communications infrastructure and services by providing full lifecycle engineering support resulting in Avaya communication management and unified communication solutions and products that are secure, effective, responsive, complete and efficient.
The successful candidate must have a deep technical understanding of:
- Avaya CM/Unified Communications products;
- Legacy telecommunications services (e.g., analog, digital PSTN lines and trunks, etc.);
- Management and maintenance of Avaya CM infrastructure;
- Maintaining and improving voice quality standards through identification and resolution of discovered issues;
- Assessing a unified communication infrastructure to identify and analyze critical performance indicators and operational gaps that can pose significant risk;
- Performing communications system’s health assessments to include technology and/or routing protocols including review of systems device health and collection of performance-related data;
- Assessing, managing, and mitigating vulnerabilities in Avaya and its servers (Windows and Linux);
- Providing optimization support on service modules in support of Avaya’s Family of Communications products including software configuration, performance engineering and optimization, knowledge transfer and junior staff mentoring;
- Integrating technical requirements and design goals into the overall enterprise network design;
- Mentoring, coaching, leadership of less experienced staff;
- Maintains subject matter level expertise in unified voice, data, and video technologies and systems administration capabilities;
- Provides tier 2/3 support to investigate and resolve problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues which may require shift work or after hours call-in 7/24/365 to meet customer SLAs;
- Ensures updated SOPs exist for all aspects of Voice/UC network and server operations;
- Familiar with various ticketing systems and managing customer reported issues by opening, maintaining, and closing tickets to meet SLA and KPI initiatives;
- Experience in the installation and support of Avaya 96xx IP and SIP phones
- Avaya Aura 7.X System Knowledge
- Direct hands-on experience patching and upgrading of Avaya systems including Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience using Session Manager
- Experience using System Manager
- Experience implementing and configuring Avaya Call Center
- Experience providing Voicemail Support
- Knowledge of cabling standards and ability to perform minor ad-hoc cabling requests
- Able to work maintenances on weekends (twice a month)
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist
- Basic knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in subcontract administration.
- Basic knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned subcontracts, including FAR, DFAR, and CAS.
- Effective administrative, organizational, and communicationskills.
- Familiarity of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) and SharePoint.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our
work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Sr Geospatial Analyst joining our team to support GEOINT activities in Springfield, VA.
Duties: Researches; monitors and analyzes intelligence data and makes recommendations based on that data.
1. Provides analysis and research for national security; infrastructure; technology; country; geographic area; biographic and targeted vulnerability.
2. Prepares assessments of current threats and trends based on the sophisticated collection; research and analysis of classified and open source information.
3. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operational success.
4. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes.
5. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
The APHC’s mission is to promote health and prevent disease, injury, and disability of Soldiers and military retirees, their families, and the Department of the Army civilian employees; and assure effective execution of full spectrum veterinary service for Army and Department of Defense Veterinary missions. GDIT is seeking an Equipment Repairer. He/She will serve under the guidance of the Medical Maintenance Officer from whom assignments are received in the form of Work Orders, verbal direction, rough sketch or blueprint. He/She will have full responsibility for independently performing technical phases of the work and for carrying assignments through to completion.
Find out more here
Join our TalentNetwork
Serves under the guidance of the Medical Maintenance Officer from whom assignments are received in the form of Work Orders, verbal direction, rough sketch or blueprint. Has full responsibility for independently performing technical phases of the work and for carrying assignments through to completion.
The Medical Equipment Repairer provides for the safe and reliable operation of laboratory equipment and systems. As a Medical equipment repairer the employee will inspect, install, troubleshoot, maintain, test, calibrate, adjust, and repair a wide variety of medical and laboratory equipment. Typical examples of equipment serviced include ultracentrifuges, ultrasonic equipment, , labware washers, necropsy equipment, temperature sensitive monitoring devices, laboratory refrigerator and freezers. They maintain and repair chemical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum, suction and pressure systems which may include water, steam, air, gas under pressure, and piped gas lines associated with equipment serviced. Medical equipment repairers determine nature and extent of repairs required by checking equipment for malfunctions, requiring the tracing of wiring, broken or worn parts, leaks, feedback, and interference. They check voltage tolerances, amperage, power supplies, wave shape, frequency resonance, deflection time, decay curve, gain, balance, and signal sensitivity against prescribed tolerances and specifications. The repairers plan and carry out work assignments using blueprints, schematic drawings, technical manuals, wiring diagrams, liquid and air flow sheets, and other specifications. Medical equipment repairers test equipment after repair and also new equipment to assure proper functioning; conduct preventive maintenance inspection of equipment; performs acceptance inspections for new equipment; performs technical inspections for classification of equipment identified for turn in; performs periodic checks to insure that using personnel are following proper preventive maintenance procedures. Use the Defense Medical Logistics Supply Support (DMLSS) system to manage and record all equipment maintenance requirements and actions. Contractor is NOT expected to perform any proprietary maintenance required by the equipment’s manufacturer, nor to have any manufacturer-specific expertise.
Receives work assignments orally or through work orders. Independently determines the nature of trouble and extent of repairs required and completes repairs following established trade practices and procedures, using technical manuals, blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams, liquid and air flow sheets, and other specifications. Performs operational tests after repairs have been completed or when new equipment is received to assure that equipment is operating within prescribed limits so that lives are not endangered. Completed work is reviewed for adherence to specification and accepted trade practices. Maintains records of work through the use of established automated systems.
This position is in support of ACAT 1 acquisition and sustainment programs:
- Analyzes programmatic data to determine requirements for government furnished equipment (GFE) to support production, operations and sustainment.
- Tracks GFE from acquisition through disposal using various automated tools.
- Maintains liaison with appropriate stakeholders to ensure status, inventory accuracy and program requirements are satisfied.
- Produce a myriad of ad hoc and scheduled management reports based on GFE data in spreadsheets and data bases.
- Provide recommendations to meet specific program equipment requirements, improve processes and program control.
- Special project as assigned.
- May have supervisory responsibilities.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for an experienced System administrator. This position is based in Frederick, MD and will support the Department of the Army. The support for this position includes the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsible for the technical design, planning, and implementation of mission critical server systems.
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for VMware and Windows operating systems. Perform all facets of systems administration within server environment using VMware and Microsoft Windows based servers.
- Hardens all facets of the server environment in accordance with government security requirements (STIG’s). This includes, server operating systems, storage, and backup systems.
- Helps develop SOP’s, work instructions, and procedures related to the management of the enclave.
- Manages day to day operations of servers by monitoring performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
- Designs, plans, and implements server components in accordance with customer requirements.
- Completes routine maintenance updates on systems and works with vendors as required.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for installation and management of host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries, and other components.
- Develops documentation and work instructions related to procedures and processes within the work environment.
- Stays current with technological developments in system administration technology and recommends ways for customer to take advantage of new technology.
- Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT’s Sailor 2025 program will have a growing need for Instructional Developers in the coming months at varying levels. Both Junior and Senior Instructional Developer candidates will be considered for new positions within the program.
Insructional Developers will provide guidance and feedback to teams on a wide variety of training products, to include analysis documentation, storyboards, lesson plans, trainee guides, interactive computer courseware, and mobile applications.
Sailor 2025 is a program focused on three core pillars – Personnel System Modernization; Ready, Relevant Learning (RRL); and Career Readiness. The second pillar, Ready, Relevant Learning (RRL) deals primarily with doing away with the old way of brick and mortar schoolhouses, or industrial age training, and replacing the curriculum with career-long learning continuums where training is delivered by modern methods to enable faster learning, better knowledge retention, and delivery at the right time and in the right way for our Sailors. This job opportunity’s objective is the creation and delivery of products in support of the Sailor 2025 (S2025) Ready Relevant Learning (RRL) Content Conversion Wave 1 effort.
- Develops Levels 1 and 2 student evaluation for the piloting of computer-assisted instruction or classroom-based training program, including internet/intranet/extranet emerging technologies.
- Provide guidance and feedback to Instructional Design teams on a wide variety of training products, to include analysis documentation, storyboards, lesson plans, trainee guides, interactive computer courseware, and mobile applications.
- Interviews subject matter experts to collect information.
- Develops relevant and measurable assessment criteria and standards.
- Designs reliable and valid assessment materials.
- Gathers data and compiles information into documents related to assessment.
- Interacts with customer and subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of assessment instruments.
- Develops and applies quality standards in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Coordinates with the Program/Project Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
Seeking an individual to fill a position as the VoIP engineer supporting design, configuration, and operations and maintenance of a mission critical collaboration IT infrastructure that supports voice and video services. Telecommunications infrastructure includes Cisco Call Manager, Polycom and Avaya Communications Manager.
- Troubleshoot and configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) equipment
- Provide support to Users Globally utilizing Cisco Call Manager 12.5, Cisco Unity 12.5, Avaya CM 7.0
- Manage and Maintain Analog fax lines, Voicemails, Auto Attendants, Phone setup, and Alarms/Alerts
- Provision and Support Existing infrastructure of Cisco and Avaya Voice system
- Update and close tickets. Documentation on tickets and track issues to completion
- Provision of phone and user profiles, speed dials, name changes with CUCM, and voicemail on Unity Connection
- Review and validate understanding of customer design requirements as well as recommend process changes
- Manage day-to-day client and internal service requests and document all services performed
- Maintain support documentation including support guides, knowledge base articles, procedures, and online customer information
- Ability to complete complex projects and installations successfully within aggressive time frames and budget
- Installation, configure and testing of VoIP stations (Jabber Client) on user desktops off of the Cisco CUCM
- Analyze Problems with Telephony and Data Network equipment
- Program of the IP telephones (Cisco IP 88XX, 7965, 7971, DX80, SX80 Room Kit, Avaya 9621, 9641) and connectivity to LAN network
- Participate in projects ranging from expansion of a single line card or trunk
- Analyze the current telephone and network infrastructure and identify gaps that would prevent the successful migration from the legacy voice system to a VoIP centric system
- Perform telecommunications services for conferences and special events
- Validate and coordinate all scheduled maintenance
- Provide advice and technical guidance to installation systems personnel on automated data telecommunications systems, equipment procedures, and techniques
- Participates in special projects as assigned
The Mid Level i2EC Analyst:
Perform all-source intelligence analysis, including producing reports based on identity intelligence submissions and writing intelligence information reports (IIRs).
Provide Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) for the i2 related modalities within biometrics, forensics, and Document & Media Exploitation (DOMEX) for global SOF.
Develop and maintain i2 Fusion Analysis Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and execute a Program of Instruction (POI) for i2 Analysis training IAW current guidelines for i2 Pre-Mission Training (PMT) provided by the USSOCOM i2EC. POI available upon task order award.
Provide analytical input, during future requirements development, testing, evaluation, and training events for new biometric sensors, forensics, CELLEX, DOMEX and SOFEX web applications / architectures or processes.
Ensure production dissemination to appropriate i2 related data repositories, both current and future, for example the Department of Defense (DoD) Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS).
Provide all necessary quantifiable i2 production statistics for the Management Monthly Status Report (MMSR) and any future requirements gathering and process development.
Conduct briefings and prepare White / Information Papers.
Provide nominations and support for the management of watchlists and watchlist type products including the Biometrics Enabled Watchlist (BEWL) and the Digital Media Enabled Watchlist (DMEWL) for theater specific and comprehensive lists which provide a method for operationalizing the output of biometrics and forensics intelligence.
Provide SOFEX-TEA i2 notional products to support JETC training PED requirements.
Provide i2 temporary embedded PED support to deployed military units in accordance with guidance from the SOCOM Intelligence Community (IC) and theater i2 senior leadership both CONUS and OCONUS.
Provide nominations to the DoD BEWL for persons of interest in accordance with all applicable SOPs.
Manage DoD BEWL nominations with the current theater BEWL in accordance with all applicable SOPs.
Coordinate with other theater elements and CONUS SOCOM reach-back BEI/FEI/DEI capabilities to provide support to theater i2 requirements.
Provide i2 analysis and/or BEWL management training to military personnel.
Provide continuous professional development on new/emerging biometrics intelligence processes which supports worldwide operations, National and COCOM intelligence priorities, and other applicable intelligence topics.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.