Click column header to sort
GDIT is looking for talented software engineers to work on the Naval Integrated Tactical Environment System Next Generation (NITES-Next). NITES-Next is the US Navy's premier Meteorological and Oceanographic (METOC) data distribution and analysis toolset.
Successful applicants will be working on a Java and Java Script based complex web application built around a Geospatial Information System (GIS) and Service architecture. The application provides Navy and Marine Corps users with the ability to order data from remote data providers; enter, store, and share weather observations, visualize data including forecast model outputs, satellite imagery, and weather observations on a web based map; compute and visualize METOC impacts on plans and assets; produce weather briefs for various audiences (flight operations, ships's navigation, missions); and analyze weather in graphical displays (Meteogram, Vertical Cross Section, Skew-T). You will also be part of a larger organization with a broad profile of application domains including logistics, voice recognition, emergency response systems, intelligence, and command and control systems. We offer a fast-paced Scrum Agile development environment with automated continuous integration and test. We look forward to growing our team with more smart engineers that can get things done.
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Senior Helpdesk Technician.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically.
- May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled.
- Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
1. Performs complex systems administration, engineering, and integration work that may include infrastructure services, development of cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design/engineering 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis 3. Plans upgrades of operating systems/applications and designs systems enhancements 4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems 5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements 6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems 7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance 8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility 9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility 10. May serve as a technical team or task lead 11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned 13. Participates in special projects as required 14. Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques 15. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment 16. Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment 17. Candidate will create documentation for transition to Operational Support of the existing VDI environment
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and fit with company/customer system architecture standards
- Provide expertise in the physics of electro-optical and radar sensor design to support NGA’s evaluation of the performance of sensor capabilities (current and projected). Activities include support to initial checkout, sensor calibration, performance analysis, image quality assessments, technical requirements analysis, band-to-band registration, ground truth analysis, signature development, and sensor comparisons.
- Provide expertise in the processing of data from electro-optical systems to improve image quality, geolocation accuracy, and interoperability with other data, calibration, and convergence of exploitation tools (using one tool for multiple sensors and/or wavelengths).
- Develop independent performance models and reports that include study of image quality, non-literal exploitability, radiometric calibration, geometric accuracy and calibration, general technology improvements, multi-segment/multi-band functionality, MTF analysis, capacity/volumetrics, and cost in support of sensor initialization, IOC, and FOC.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of the proposed Multi-Temporal, Multi-Angle Automated Target Exploitation project.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of SOC-B requirements development and validation.
- Provide independent, scientific assessments, analysis, and recommendations to senior IT Directorate leadership as directed.
********** This role is not yet funded**********
Evening and weekend work may be required. Candidate will use maps and technology to plan routes and update dispatch on status of travel. Candidate may transport individuals or groups using a variety of vehicles. Must be comfortable with both city and highway driving. Expected to maintain up to date knowledge of current traffic, parking, and safety laws. Must become proficient in operating telephone and two-way radio. Expected to possess refined interpersonal skills and the ability to interact tactfully. Position requires experience reading and interpreting road maps, GPS. Requires basic knowledge of automotive maintenance. Conduct daily checks of vehicles vital fluids and operational elements. Ensure vehicle cleanliness is maintained at all times. Document passenger details (likes/dislikes) arrival and departure details.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance, and/or repair activities.
Hrs. range 06:30-16:00. Create, submit, and oversee a high volume of email and verbal requests. Required to multitask and operate with specific direction. Required to work both independently and in a team environment. Assist others in the office to process urgent tasks or follow up on backlog of requests as required. Serve as stakeholders main POC and required to conduct follow-up inquiries with shipping partners and return status updates to customers. Expected to apply basic planning and project management principles to develop a delivery schedule. Coordinate with counterparts to develop and submit electronic spreadsheets/manifests to track movement and delivery of material worldwide. Become proficient in or able to research required packing/shipping requirements. Manually check inventory of boxes to verify accuracy. Able and willing to use a forklift on a daily basis. Must be detail oriented and able to resolve discrepancies. Willing to outline processes requiring a SOP to assist new team members. Upload documents into sponsors specific website. Ability to use MS Word and Excel. Strong interpersonal skills.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Schedule:8am-3pm are core hours. Will be the POC for coordinating FO daily functions. Proactively respond to request for appointments and taskers, answer incoming telephone calls and aid in general operations of front office area. Schedule and coordinate office meetings in a fast-paced environment (gather requirements, identify resources, coordinate with stakeholder offices) ensuring appropriate stakeholders are able to conduct business. Manage the calendar for the office not the FO team's calendar. Assist with other administrative functions such as check-in/out processes and travel coordination (backup function where OJT can be provided). Create access requests. Maintain office rosters and phone trees. Complete visitor request and other functions related to visitors. Create, edit, and coordinate documents and other actions necessary to facilitate front office activities. Will be part of a team that prepares briefing materials. Meeting minutes may be required but not frequently. Update calendars with travel items. Occasional backup support to the travel team maybe required. Order supplies and communicate maintenance repair. Maybe required to perform backup duties for other AAs/MSAs/SA in FO.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Hours: Generally 8am-4pm, occasionally coverage past 4pm is needed. If agreed upon with management a flexible work schedule is a possibility. Create/expand network with Mission Centers and Directorates front offices. Collect/prepare read ahead materials for any principals to include department heads. Willingness to be a team player and disciplined to work independently with minimal supervision. Thorough knowledge of MS Office, Internet, and other internal applications. Will act as primary T&A administrator. Ensure daily/weekly calendars are accurate and up to date. Manage calendar meeting, appointments, and other activities. Deconflict any scheduling issues. Must be comfortable with rolling and changing priorities. Assist in planning meeting and events (weekly staff meeting,monthly administrative meetings). Able to learn OneNote. Monitor daily incoming/outgoing communications. Monitor status and progress of action items and keep management informed of issues regarding attention. POC for check in/out personnel. Required to stay abreast of any changes and updates to programs SOPs. Draft, proofread, and edit correspondence for workforce and senior level audiences. Responsible for travel arrangements (create travel itinerary, creating/processing travel requests, preparing travel information book, obtaining Visa/passports, and prepare accountings when travel complete). Manage supplies, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
Performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program
- Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a multitude of contracts within the business area.
- Maintains staffing metrics for programs across the Business Area, and provides weekly updates to management to include vacancies, hires, LCATs, resignations, removals and other staffing data.
- Conducts tri-weekly staffing meetings, assigns priorities to the recruiting team and other staff.
- Schedules regular meetings with program managers to triage staffing needs for their programs.
- Manages staffing processes within the human capital database, and create requisitions as needed to appropriately staff the Business Area.
- Mentor and supervise other Business Area Resources to include Resource Managers and Program Analysts supporting contracts within the Business Area.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products to include weekly staffing reports, and Monthly Program Reviews to submit to the client.
- Collaborates and works closely with other functions to include Contracts, Subcontracts, Security, Human Resources and Finance.
- Serve as liaison between GDIT and Subcontractors to appropriately partner and staff a multitude of contracts.
- Serves as a liaison between the recruiting team and program management team.
- Drives business operations by monitoring the progress of projects, tasks, requisitions, offers, etc.
- Analyze Business Area staffing trends to identify appropriate C86 LCATs to source and interview for.
- May also perform services on assigned tasks.
- Ensures ePMO is accurate and up to date for responsible programs
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The successful Systems Administrator will have experience managing secure information systems, establishing user accounts, and baselining workstations and servers using secure rule sets (e.g. CIS, NIST), and supporting Tier 3 engineering level analysis of operational systems. He or she will support the development, testing, and deployment of specialized laptops, applications, network enclaves, and end-to-end telecommunication systems, when required. The candidate will be capable of developing scripts (PERL, C++) for managing server logs, backup systems, and monitoring server health. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for managing fielded servers/workstations and scripts which are operationally focused to meet both quick reaction and strategic changes to customer IT objectives. There can be up to 4-5 trips for travel to CONUS/OCONUS locations for maintenance work. O&M requires maintaining customer system(s) with current security patches, anti-virus protection, and up-to-date operating systems.
1. Proficient with Windows Server 2016, PowerShell scripting, VMWare, Windows10, Windows Server Update Service (WSUS), Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu and or RHEL 7, Linux kernel development, user account management, managing Linux images, networking with Windows, managing data acccess controls with Active Directory Services.
2. Demonstrated experience with standalone systems (ie non-enterprise)
3. Demonstrated experience with anti-virus scanning and updates (ie McAfee)
4. Thorough understanding of TCP/IP
5. Practical experience with OpenVPN, and IPSec tunneling
6. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and performance-tuning skills
7. Ability to follow strong engineering and programming practices
8. Communicate effectively with peers and support staff to highlight and claify software and system design elements
9. Networking experience with Cisco preferred
Supports planning, designing, engineering, development, testing, configuring, deployment, and 24/7 operations of secure Global IT/Telecommunications systems/networks (WAN/VPNs/IPSEC). The team is operationally focused to meet both quick react and strategic customer objectives. Domestic and international travel possible up to four trips (1-2 weeks each) per year.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Experience defining, designing and implementing multi-layer VOIP networks.
4. Experience specifying, testing, and operating both hardware and software defined firewalls (Cisco FirePower).
5. Experience detecting and preventing network intrusions and DNS attacks along with performing network log analysis.
6. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
7. Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems and ability to maintain and configure network interfaces to routers and switches.
8. Experience with Field travel, and interfacing with other network operations centers.
9. Experience with configuring, testing, and managing Cisco networking equipment.
10. Hands on experience with IT system monitoring and management tools (ie SolarWinds & InterMapper).
11. Strong understanding of TCP/IP and IP Address management.
12. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSEC tunneling.
13. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and network performance-tuning skills.
14. Ability to develop good engineering and programming practices and build workflows.
15. Analyzes network topologies as well as traffic and capacity requirements.
16. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
17. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
18. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
19. May perform network administration duties.
20. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
21. Serves as technical team or task leader.
22. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
23. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.