Click column header to sort
Government on-site support for assessment and oversight of repair of U.S. Navy ships’ Integrated Condition Assessment System (ICAS).
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Senior Helpdesk Technician.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically.
- May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled.
- Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Trains military personnel on the 35F MOS by utilizing various forums of instruction, such as formal classroom training courses , course facilitation, CBT's, workshops, exercises, and field based STX's. Prepares training material, such as but not limited to course outlines, course manuals, background materials, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, course assessment forms, and training aids. Maintain currency in the area of expertise and will be expected to function as an expert in the 35F career field. Updates course documentation on a continuous basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel. Conduct classroom instruction and perform duties as a MI Systems Maintainer/Integrator Instructor providing instruction for maintaining intelligence systems to insure proper function. Scope The MI Systems Maintainer/Integrator is primarily responsible for maintaining and integrating intelligence gathering systems, computers and networks used by MI Soldiers. Some of your duties as an MI Systems Maintainer/Integrator instructor may include: Training to maintain, test and repair communications equipment. Training to maintain and integrate MI computers and networks. Training to Assess and extract data from fixed, portable and wireless storage/communication devices. Training to perform pre, during, and post-mission operational checks on MI aerial platforms, sensors, and systems. Training to maintain, test and repair communications equipment. Training to maintain and integrate MI computers and networks. Training to Assess and extract data from fixed, portable and wireless storage/communication devices. Training to perform pre, during, and post-mission operational checks on MI aerial platforms, sensors, and systems.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance. 6. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
7. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Administers contracts including negotiation, correspondence, documentation,financial reporting and product delivery of government contracts. Participates in the negotiation of contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations. Serves as liaison wtih Government and commercial prime contractors regarding contracting issues. Has knowledge of the FAR.
1. Administers contracts and/or subcontracts, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting and product delivery.
2. Participates in the negotiation of contract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
3. Participates in the preparation of proposals including pricing and scheduling details and coordination of requirements.
4. Ensures timely processing of contractual reports and deliverables.
5. Generates reports on contract activity as required.
6. Serves as a liaison with Government and commercial prime contractors regarding contracting issues.
7. Maintains, updates and communicates bid and proposal information.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
9. Participates and offers opinions on proposal and program strategy.
10. Initiates and maintains a network of communication with contracting specialists/officers
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Sr Configuration Analyst
RAF Molesworth UK
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Configuration Manager – please continue to read below!
- Responsible for applying the change management process
- Assuring all change requests (RFC) for completeness and quality
- Logs RFCs into the change management database, ensuring accuracy and consistency of data
- Validates that impact assessments for proposed changes have been completed
- Assign changes to the appropriate support groups/technicians/implementers for design, build and test
- Acts as secretary to meetings that review changes, such as Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Maintain a strong relationship with service providers and technical teams to ensure that RFCs are handled effectively
- Confirm that changes have been successfully implemented
- Progresses status of changes with service teams to ensure that data is current
- Update/create Configuration Items (CI's) within Configuration Management Database (CMDB) following the implementation of a change
- Monitor and track risks, managing the provision of countermeasures where possible and where necessary, escalate to the Transition Manager to provide appropriate control measures
- Ensure software licenses are managed and tracked to ensure any license compliance issues are known, understood and communicated
- Acts as a routine point of contact on change and configuration matters between the organization and service providers
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long standing growing programs! GDIT Program! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Sr. Systems Admin– please continue to read below!
- Proficient in Linux\Unix OS
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support for current and emerging technology IT systems
- Participate in special projects as required
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
Tasks in direct support of the government include, but are not limited providing or assisting the team provide the following services:
Help Desk– Provide customer interface by supporting requirements, such as, network accounts, web browsing (i.e. Internet Explorer), e-mail (i.e. Outlook), word processing (i.e. Word), spreadsheets (i.e. Excel), databases (i.e. Access), presentation (i.e. PowerPoint), photo editor, desktop publishing, scanning, writing to appropriate media, telephone voice mail and services, equipment issues, etc. Provide multi-media coordination and assistance supporting the setup of conferences, meetings, and Video Teleconference (VTC) operations.
Problem Resolution– Provide IT support to resolve and document problems, using appropriate ticketing systems. Escalate problems to the appropriate organization or process, when required. Utilize the current customer provided priority matrix as an order to responding to service requests (e.g. trouble tickets).
Core HW and SW– Support for common, standard user workstations, and associated software (standard/common configuration/build) deployed throughout the organization. Review, maintain, and correct any configurations that do not comply with Air
Force and organizational policies. Serve as a single source for Standard Desktop Configuration (SDC) images. Control usage and install SDC on all appropriate workstations.
Build equipment in accordance with latest SDC images and provide equipment install at user desktop.
Ensure Equipment Custodian Officer (ECO) or Unit Software License Manager (USLM) approves all hardware and software prior to use.
Handheld Wireless Devices– Support wireless devices (e.g. smart phones, cellular air cards, etc.) users. To include service setup, maintenance, and end user support.
Specialized Network Support– Support special network user devices and other mission systems and applications deployed within an unclassified/classified environment or network.
Remote Desktop Management– Support capabilities allowing assumption of control of an end user device for problem analysis and resolution.
Moves, Add’s and Changes (MAC) requests– Provide specialized support for increasing, decreasing, deleting, and adding, location adjustment of services for devices and applications, and port security requirements.
Email and Chat Services– Design, install, operate, maintain, and support messaging and, collaboration, including Government Personal Electronic Devices/Tablets/Mobile Devices/etc., voice and data plans, supporting servers, end-user mobile, anti-spam, and pop-up solutions.
Help Desk Intranet site– Maintain SharePoint helpdesk intranet site, which contains information on standards, security policies, technology ordering and technical tips and hints.
Help Desk Performance– Measure and provide weekly help desk performance reports to Task Lead, Service Desk Lead, or COR. Provide recommendations to make the help desk more efficient.
Network Health– Provide troubleshooting and resolution expertise to determine network component and configuration issues/failures.
Technical Assistance– Provide technical assistance to support organizational program initiatives. Coordinate solutions with team leads, supervisors, appropriate managers, specialists and/or Contractor technicians.
Customer Training– Provide formal, informal, and On-the-Job Training, related to help desk applications, to customers and Military/Government internal staff, as required.
Compliance– Ensure all systems comply with IAVA, IAVB, and TCNO direction. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing, applying, testing, implementing patches, changes in settings, and updating reporting databases.
Utilize existing problem prevention and workload reduction techniques. Recommend enhancements to existing techniques and new techniques to Government staff.
Attend weekly meetings to update Government leadership on status, issues, and resolutions as required.
STIG Compliance- Maintain software and hardware in accordance with applicable Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) guidance.
Desktop Support Technician
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Desktop Support/Client Support Admin – please continue to read below!
- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware
- Responsible for monitoring, opening, assigning, updating and closing tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
- Replace workstations with like systems and reload all applicable user applications
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware)
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support and coordinates with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II2 or Level III3 support is required
- Provides technical support and training to end-users
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.