Click column header to sort
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Hours: 8-4pm (core hours)
*Candidate is expected to work largely independently while relying on fellow AAs, and senior management for guidance *The candidate must be a self-starter and takes the initiative *Candidate will perform back-up duties for other offices within the work unit to ensure administrative coverage *Candidate should be able to perform basic IT skills, specifically updating and monitoring spreadsheets and other records in MS Office applications, to include Excel and Word *Candidate will assist in preparing books for interview panels by compiling and organizing the books as directed by department management *Candidate will maintain and schedule appointments, coordinate meetings, and follow up on requirements bringing them to completion for the Chief and other staff in the office - will maintain calendars for 1-3 senior managers on a day to day basis - will need to deconflict meetings in coordination with staff *Candidate will arrange travel, coordinate itineraries, or otherwise support travel for the Chief and other staff within the department, including passports and visas *Candidate will be required to create and submit travel, training, and POV vouchers - travel will consist of multiple trips per month- TRAINING CAN BE PROVIDED IF NEEDED ON SPONSOR TRAVEL PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES *Candidate will be responsible for ordering supplies, maintain inventory, issue equipment, provide basic trouble-shooting and arrange for equipment repairs - will be responsible for ensuring office equipment/furniture is returned properly and determining if it is no longer needed *Candidate will serve as back-up timekeeper for the department, and may serve as a back-up to other departments, as well *Candidate will initiate and monitor check in/check out procedures for personnel, including submitting new user accounts and access requests on a weekly basis - will send status reports of the actions to management groups within the office *Candidate will be responsible for greeting and escorting visitors and guests along with coordinating VIP access parking *Candidate will serve as vault custodian, as well as opening/closing conference rooms daily *Candidate will be responsible for preparing the morning report based on established customer guidelines *Candidate will assist with planning, scheduling, organizing meetings, conferences and off-sites. *Candidate will be required to attend meetings, as well as taking notes
The Network Architect is responsible for the design and development of the Mission Partner Environment architecture in support of our DoD customer located in Wiesbaden. The Network Architect must be able to perform the following:
- Analyze voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Configure routers, switches, VPN concentrators, firewalls, and TACLANES, (specifically Brocade and Juniper and General Dynamics TACLANES) to support the USAREUR MPE-related network environments.
- Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Plan, design, install, maintain, troubleshoot, resolve problems and perform network asset management of Brocade switches and routers, Juniper routers and firewalls, firewalls, proxy servers, Intrusion Protections Systems (IPS), and encryption devices such as TACLANES
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Configure VPN tunnels on Brocade and Juniper devices and configure TACLANES, to include installing encryption keys.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Systems Administrator with SolarWinds Experience
- Provide SolarWinds implementation and configuration, management using Network Performance Monitoring (NPM), Netflow Traffic Analyzer (NTA), Server and Application Monitoring (SAM), and Web Performance Monitoring (WPM) in a DoD NIPR environment.
- Design Custom Properties solution for granular monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
- Design Groups and Dependencies to streamline monitoring and alerting.
- Develop custom SAM templates using PowerShell and SQL queries to implement monitoring of non-standard systems. Including 3rd party databases, internal and COTS based applications, and Windows based operating systems. Configure NTA Application and Service Ports, IP Address Groups, and refine deployment of NETFLOW collectors to provide a more granular view of NETFLOW traffic across network infrastructure. In addition to creating circuit level NETFLOW monitoring of all L2 Site-to-Site VPN connections. Design and develop APE Additional Polling Engine (APE) monitoring solutions to anticipate scalability needs.
- Organize, standardize, and coordinate the design of custom desktop and NOC based views.
- Review, update, and create network monitoring policies and procedural documentation.
- Manage SolarWinds NPM, WPM and IPMon monitoring services and nodes.
- Supports/Administers/Configures a network environment such as servers, routers, switches, circuits, firewalls, wireless, intrusion prevention devices,
- Able to implement/support/monitor/troubleshoot/rectify network issues on a physical and/ or virtual network a they
- Possesses an understanding on how to manage group policies, local security policies, and government standards for: Creating, modifying, and removing user accounts
- Manages the functionalities and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating
- Reports status and discrepancies as they are observed in system performance in a clear, concise and complete manner,
- Analyzes, interprets and refines IT related requests to assure understanding of assignment(s)
- Collaborates with the E2 team when additional information is needed to perform root cause analysis.
- Supports the E2 team with the validation and verification of new software builds during installs, assists with troubleshooting and documenting on the spot fixes to remedy issues post
- Using a solution-oriented approach, suggest and champion system enhancements and/or workarounds to the factory baseline to improve system reliability and
- Will be required to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid
- Performs daily system monitoring to maintain a high state of
- Write and/or review system Operational Procedures and system documentation. Change to Support the review and updating of Program operational procedures, as required
- Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a part time on call, Lead Firearms Instructor:
Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact for Federal Flight Deck Officers when they arrive at the training venue, are responsible for checking them in, verifying weapons and credentials, conducting training and overseeing the course of fire at the gun-range. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all personnel on the range and securing SSI and SPII information during and after requalification sessions.
- LFIs conduct all classroom instruction; delivering the approved TSA training and safety brief, introducing and describing new equipment, and ensuring all students understand and sign the safety briefing. The LFI ensures a minimum number of SFIs are present to maintain an instructor/student ratio of 1:6 for each training session.
- The LFI must ensure a sufficient inventory of training supplies is on-hand at the training venue to support monthly requalification sessions.
- The LFI is expected to maintain positive control of the training environment from the moment students arrive at the venue to the moment they depart. Upon students’ arrival, the LFIs must verify weapons and credentials of each FFDO before training commences by visual inspection.
- The LFI is responsible for ensuring proper scoring of targets, completion of applicable administrative forms, and collection of training data. The LFI is required sign and certify qualification scores for all FFDOs attempting to qualify. Failure of an FFDO to qualify also means that an authorized FAMS Representative and/or LFI takes custody of the unloaded weapon, transport device (lockbox), credential and other equipment for return to TSA/FAMS. If no authorized FAMS representative is present to receive the equipment, the LFI shall make immediate verbal notification to the FFDO Program Office in order to make the appropriate arrangements to return equipment and credentials.
- The LFI must keep all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2, Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy. The LFI is oversees time keeping of all SFI labor hours.
- The LFI must comply with internal compliance training events.
- May participate in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
- Updates course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced instructors.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
The Security Training Specialist tasks include:
- Provide a thorough analysis and research and provide recommendations to the scope and content of security related training;
- Design appropriate instructional solutions in order to solve a problem or fulfill a need identified during analysis, and convey this information in the form of a Course Design Document for review and approval by Government;
- Develop and provide Instructor and Participant Guides and Implementation Plans based on the Government approved Course Design Document;
- Develop and deliver training based on the Government approved Implementation Plans, e.g. web based, instructor lead, or handouts/brochures;
- Deliver the training specified in each Implementation Plan within the agreed upon timelines;
- Define, prepare, document and distribute training course materials as required to support all phases of the training product life-cycle as approved by Government;
- Draw on the expertise and abilities of various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other functional specialists throughout the training product development and delivery stages;
- Solicit and analyze course evaluations to provide written feedback and recommendations for course improvements for review and approval by Government;
- Annually review and update existing CLB sponsored training to ensure timely and accurate content as approved by the Government;
- Perform quality and assurance review for all training efforts under this contract;
- Assist with responses to TIER action items related to security training initiatives.
GDIT duties include:
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
7. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Project/Task Manager PMP
General Dynamics is seeking a Project/Task Manager PMP for our Naval customer in Crane Indiana. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest Naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Track and assist in each phase of assigned projects, including planning, execution, monitoring, and closing. Review status of projects, track schedules and prepare status reports.
- Provide regular (daily, weekly, or monthly) briefs based on project stage and status of project status, progression, and implementation issues and resolutions to ensure that ITD is fully abreast of current project executions
- Analyze project issues and develop recommendations to meet productivity, quality, and satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develop means for monitoring project progress, risk analysis, impacts and problem solving.
- Assist in developing schedules to meet project requirements and monitor and report performance against plans to ensure that schedule objectives are met.
- Track and monitor the overall outcome of the projects and deliverables
- Assist the IM Customer Service Branch Manager, IT Chief Strategist, Enterprise Architects, and Technical Project Manager with defining project scopes and objectives by analysis and recommendation
- Provide project management capabilities to improve functionality, meet compliance requirements, or implement new capabilities on IT projects.
- Monitor development of Work Breakdown Structure, project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Support the implementation of projects and ensure that the coordination of deliverables is synchronized as necessary to achieve project system or service release to the Government
- Close out project documentation, including project paperwork, upon Government acceptance of the system or service
- Provide project management for system engineering projects that incorporate total system development, requirements management, technical planning, technical risk management, technical controls, and monitoring and providing technical reviews
- Create implementation plans and system or service acceptance tests based on the project design packages
- Create a data architecture which will produce the structure and framework as the foundation for a consolidated view of cross-departmental data that will support decision making at NSWC Crane. This project integrates disparate data sources into a unified data architecture for use in the analysis of the Human Capital Asset Management (HCAM), Technology Capital Asset Management - Information Technology (TCAM- IT), Physical Asset Management (PCAM), and each of the Project Operations Capability portfolios
**Position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a DV/VIP visits
- Answer non-routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
- Greet and escort visitors
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
- Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Participate in meetings and events
- Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Prepare routine status reports and track office-related metrics
- Coordinate scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Attend meetings; events; and forums
- Coordinate office renovations and relocation activities
- Set-up facility and conference rooms for meetings and events, including the movement of furniture, systems, and equipment
- Support TIER actions; assign actions to the appropriate divisions or branches; follow up on actions; coordinate responses in a non-conflicted manner for senior management review; provide status reports; and participate at customer-wide TIER meetings
- Participates in special projects as required
Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization.
Manages multiple calendars.
Limited travel coordination, mostly local travel.
Coordination of Taskers.
Required skills/experience: CMA required. Excellent Customer Service skills (proactive, good communicator, responsive to customer needs). Active Directory, Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office Suite, hardware/application troubleshooting skills.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.