Click column header to sort
PART TIME POSITION 20 HOURS PER WEEK
Provide support for logistics (PMS, EOSS, NMD (Navy Maintenance Database, One Touch) to assist the Program with logistics issue and fleet requests.
Develops initial provisioning documentation and updates to Navy configuration for Navy Allowance parts lists/Allowance equipment lists to provide supply support for US Navy HM&E systems and equipment.
Provides support for logistics (PMS, EOSS, NMD (Navy Maintenance Database, One Touch) to assist the Program with logistics issue and fleet requests.
Follows established logistics plans for the provisioning of technical documentation.
Relay verbally and in writing the actions taken to accomplish the established plans.
Maintains schedules and timelines as required by customer and ship delivery schedule.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant ship board HM&E equipment.
Will and track Engineering Change Proposals within the Program. .
Position will be Part time and located in Philly Navy Yard working for GDIT.
- Update daily, weekly and long range calendars for the command group; tracking all changes in itineraries, appointments, and office calls; incorporating incoming military, Department of Defense (DoD), State Department and Coalition distinguished visitors; tracking, recording, and disseminating information on all other significant activities concerning the command.
- Communicate with executive, administrative, and line management personnel to gather or convey relevant information.
- Assist in planning functions and conferences.
- Coordinate with the Aide de Camps and the Secretary to the General Staff section (SGS) on daily activities concerning the command group. (SGS Guide for OCP-Kuwait)
- Maintain personnel contact information as directed.
- Perform routine administrative duties such as scheduling appointments, meeting arrangements, coordinating activities between departments, answering telephones, screening calls and forwarding messages. Prepare travel arrangements and air movement requests.
- Assist in the preparation of briefings and presentations to include charts and graphics.
- Perform administrative functions necessary to support projects and/or programs in such functional areas as Finance, Human Resources, Contracts, Business Development, Security, Safety, and Facilities. Review all incoming correspondence requiring the Commanding General’s signature.
- Maintain a continuing awareness of various operations carried out by subordinate units assigned to the command.
- Maintain, create and update unit continuity books and programs. Collect and maintain Biographies or Officer Record Briefs on Primary and Special Staff Officers.
- Initiate, research and obtain information for complex reports and special assignments. These reports and special assignments will be special projects generated in the TSC from the Command section and will entail performance of regular administrative duties.
- Act as coordinator of section projects, following up on pending details, coordinating activities and ensuring deadlines are met. These projects & activities will be solely administrative; examples include: Award Ceremony, Naturalization Ceremony and any other Ceremony or functions that the Command will be hosting or taking part in.
- Duties will be performed in accordance with AR 25-50 Preparing and Managing Correspondence, AR 623-3 Evaluation and Reporting System, AR 600-8-22 Military Awards, DA Pam 600-67 Effective Writing for Army Leaders, and DA Pam 600-60 a Guide to Protocol and Etiquette for Official Entertainment.
Develops, codes, deploys, and maintains web applications and websites. Will also perform some software development at times.
GDIT is seeking a Senior Capture Manager for the Federal Civilian Division to join our outstanding Business Solutions & Strategies team! You will report to the Federal Health Growth Lead and be responsible for driving the capture processes in concert with our business development executives and solution architects. You will lead pre-proposal shaping activities, orchestrate capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities, and be responsible for leading opportunities toward high win probability.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to play a leadership role as we work together to create the Next GDIT and apply the breadth of resources available in our new organization to critical technology and mission challenges across the Federal Health community. The extent of our portfolio and the scale of our $10B company ensure that you can take on new challenges and new roles as our business and mission-impact expands.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work in conjunction with Business Development, the Capture Manager is responsible for developing and executing capture strategies for assigned opportunities to secure new and/or re-compete contracts
- Responsible for win theme development, solutions development, competitive assessments, teaming strategies, pricing strategy recommendations (based on a price to win and other competitive assessments), communications plans, action plans and execution plans for the opportunities that they are assigned.
- Manage the effective execution of capture pursuits, tracking performance to cost and schedule, and communicating status to leadership
- Develop and maintain high quality relationships with customers and partners, including next generation technology vendors
- Shape opportunities and our position throughout the opportunity life-cycle.
- Formulate and support the communication and implementation of an integrated business development, capture and proposal strategy that clearly highlights GDIT’s value proposition and discriminators, and provides customers a clear and defensible justification for selecting GDIT for award.
- Establish value added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to create a profitable return at a winning cost
- Develop marketing strategies and providing input into market account plans with assigned account BD and P&L leaders that align with the company's strategic plan
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate requirement for VersionOne Technical Support Analyst to support ongoing efforts to implement the Agile Scrum Software Tool across all projects. These resources will increase the organization’s utilization and skills in agile methodology and agile development best practices and provide hands on assistance to project teams on setting up development projects using our customer’s standard toolsets (for example, VersionOne and the HP ALM tool suite). These resources will also be used to help monitor the use of Agile in the various projects at each Solution Center to ensure consistency amongst the centers and to promote value driven development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Define, monitor, and assess Supplier activities and deliverables.
- Review and formally approve Supplier deliverables.
- Provide clarification on business requirements and technical design issues.
- Review and approve the Supplier’s project plans and proposed technical solutions.
- When appropriate, provide the technical resources necessary to install application software.
- When appropriate, provide test data from existing legacy system test databases to test system interfaces.
- Provide an acceptance/rejection notice for deliverables to the Supplier.
- Determine when and where meetings will be held.
- Involvement in the development of systems and solutions should provide key personnel that have experience using the USPS standard code quality, sprint, and test management tools
- The tools that are currently used for code quality, sprint, and test management are SonarQube, JUnit, Jenkins, VersionOne, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Performance Center, Subversion, AppScan, and ServiceNow.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
Provides information assurance subject matter expertise and support to customer throughout the life-cycle of the program. Verifies that system security postures are implemented as stated, documents deviations, and recommends actions to correct those deviations. Performs functional analyses and allocation of security controls to meet security requirements.
Determines testing methodologies and verifies information protection assurance mechanisms are correctly implemented and traceable to security requirements. Performs validation steps, comparing actual results with expected results and analyzing the differences to identify impact and risks. Responsible for developing methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance and assurance efforts. Ensures documentation is complete and supports the system’s compliance with IT security and dependability requirements.
- Has full technical knowledge of all aspects of Information Security
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Provides input to system life-cycle support plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials
- Responsible for ensuring stakeholder concurrence is obtained. Conducts CRRs, drafts C&A documentation to include Security CONOPS, SRTM, SSP, ST&E plans and reports
- Ensures documentation is complete and supports verification of the system security requirements
- Responsible for drafting statements of preliminary or residual security risks for system operation and making technical determinations to mitigate identified risks related to the development of information systems
- Develops Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to address deficiencies
- Provides project management support with initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing engineering efforts
- Thorough understanding and practical expertise with Intelligence Community Directive 503 (ICD 503) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework
The position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Office Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
- Answer routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
- Greet and escort visitors
- Prepare travel/training arrangements and process travel/training accounting/vouchers for the program office
- Draft; proofread; edit and coordinate correspondence
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
- Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Participate in meetings and events: may serve as recorder and may present position-related information
- Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
- Recommend innovative processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the office
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Manage routine website content updates and coordinate more complex website changes with webmaster
- Build briefing packages and present information
- Participates in special projects as required
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.
HOURS: 8-4:30 p.m.; Will serve as the point of contact for verifying travel documents on as needed basis; Must be willing to work in a high tempo environment, and be willing to ask questions or seek guidance from more senior staff for resolution in a timely manner; Will track completion of travel documents in time to support mission related activities; Must be able to cultivate and groom relationships to ensure continuous workflow; Must be capable of deconflicting competing priorities and applying critical thinking to address complex problems; Must be proficient in Excel, SharePoint, and have database experience; necessary for tracking approval and validating travel documentation; Must be able to triage incoming customer requests and assert critical thinking for appropriate action to support travelers requirements; Must maintain awareness of changing regulatory requirements; Will assist with creation/updating of documentation to train other colleagues to ease transition; Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), help guides, and how-to Guides for colleagues and customers.
This position supports United States Army Corps of Engineers; Metering Data Management Service (MDMS). The MDMS provides managers at all levels within the Army the ability to analyze and track energy performance of buildings according to their area of responsibility. Examples include individual facility operations, multiple facilities associated with a certain organization, installation or mission; facilities constructed using a common standard design/energy savings technology; or all facilities served by a centrally managed program. Meter data combined with and other relevant (contextual) information offers a powerful tool for prioritizing facilities for action, motivating conservation behavior, justifying energy project investment and validating energy project effectiveness.
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Coordinates testing of designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT is seeking a Telecommunications Technician to work at a site on Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. A strong work ethic and flexible attitude are critical for success in this role.
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
This Technician will be responsible for: Fiber Optic structured cable distribution system installation. Ability to terminate all forms of fiber by various methods Familiarity with fiber connector types and manufacturers Experience testing single-mode and multi-mode fiber installations Experience with OTDR testing and fiber optic troubleshooting Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards Installing, terminating, and testing all forms of copper and fiber cabling. Installing closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures. Attending training and safety meetings, and working safely at all times
Requirements: Directly related experience (cabling, construction trades)Proven experience as a fiber optic specialist BICSI Installer/Technician certification highly desired Reliable daily travel to work-sites Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety
Conducted network configuration and is able to perform network troubelshooting
Performed duties as team lead
Must be capable of physical activity, including maneuvering around the building including comms closets, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting of 50lbs +.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.