Click column header to sort
Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques. Professional Certification in one or more specific technologies may be required to meet DoD Approved RMF Baseline Certifications. Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures. Requires understanding of firewall theory and configuration. Requires understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies. IAT/M baseline certified
2) Principle Duties and Responsibilities: (application of General Summary attributes)
a) Leadership - Not generally a supervisory position. May be tasked to temporarily supervise certain functions as needed.
b) System Tasks –
Must be well-versed in general system administration principles including operating system configuration for Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 Server with emphasis on Army Gold Master versions of those operating systems, and Linux systems.
Must be experienced with analyzing network security architectures and network design diagrams that provide port, protocol, and service details. Experience with DoD and US Army IAVM tracking and reporting, and with implementing Cybersecurity Best Practices and formulating remediation guidance for supported platforms is also required.
Must have a basic understanding of Army staff procedures regarding TOC operations and individual C4I data threads and how they are managed to ultimately form the Common Operating Picture (COP).
The ISSO shall be the overall implementer for the MTC’s RMF program. The ISSO coordinates directly with the Government ISSM and is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained and documented for MTC information systems. The position is responsible for defining & implementing standard operating procedures, implementing DoD, Army, & MTC policies, and creating & implementing plans of action and milestones
(POA&M) in response to vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, & inspections. Acts as auditor for Cross-Domain solutions; Assures successful implementation and functionality of security requirements and appropriate IT policies and procedures that are consistent with the organization's mission and goals. This position requires a Secret Security Clearance and the appropriate DoD 8570.01-M baseline certifications as an IAMII.
The RMF ISSO will be the primary network administrator responsible for the configuration and management of the Mission Training Complex (MTC) Boundary Defense Systems to ensure the security of MTC network enclave. Additionally, the RMF ISSO will also be the primary network administrator responsible for applying Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGS to the many routers and switches that form the MTC network enclave. The RMF Analyst shall possess the general knowledge and diagnostic abilities to solve complex technical problems associated with maintaining local and wide area networks in a training and simulation environment. Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
Analyze local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media such as Cisco integrated services routers, Cisco model 6500 and 4500 series network backbone switches, Cisco model 5500 series security appliances, Cisco model 3500 and 3700 series level-2 and level-3 switches, and other devices.
Establish and maintain Ethernet networking and configuration of associated hardware devices and the various protocols employed in networked data communications at various levels of the protocol stack.
Employ configuration guidance based on (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG). An in-depth knowledge of Cisco integrated operating systems and experience with network management systems such as Solarwinds network management suite or Ipswitch What’s Up Gold is essential to performing this task.
c) Network Management (Non-Exercise Support) - Setup and maintain the physical network security for the site enclave. Maintain knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assess and Authorize (A&A) process.
Perform and/or evaluate vulnerability scans on production and integration systems utilizing approved network scanning tools and appropriate government provided software such as Retina, DISA Gold Disk, and UNIX and Oracle SRR scripts. Experience performing security test and evaluation, directing remediation efforts, building residual risk reports and tracking POA&M as well as experience performing privacy impact assessments and knowledge of best practices protecting sensitive Information is essential to performing this task.
Establish internal procedures for review of system logs, event files, and critical systems file management in order to assess system network systems and network support systems integrity.
Perform backup and storage of critical files and logs on monthly basis. Employ network intrusion detection systems such as Snort as well as intrusion prevention systems and anti-virus deployment systems such as Host Based Security Systems (HBSS) utilizing McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
d) Network Management (Exercise Support) - Work directly with internal and external customers to develop and report present network activity and status.
Work with MTC staff and supported units to provide the network capabilities required to pass tactical data from the simulation interfaces to tactical systems in support of exercises.
Work with remote locations to enable wide area network connectivity to MTC assets.
Resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms utilizing various data exchange and file transfer methods.
Configure systems to meet user requirements. Perform various tests to analyze network performance and document results. Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users. Maintain current knowledge of relevant computer hardware/software applications.
e) Risk Management Framework (RMF) – For the MTC network enclaves, prepare and maintain accreditation documentation and artifacts in accordance with RMF policy for US Army and/or DoD programs on behalf of the MTC Information Assurance Security Officer (IASO).
Assist the MTC IASO performing Cybersecurity vulnerability alert monitoring issue resolution. Analyze the impact of potential vulnerabilities to MTC network enclaves, and ensure MTC conformance with network security architecture and NIPRNET/SIPRNET policy.
Assist MTC IASO in coordination with Network Enterprise Centers (NEC), Network Command (NETCOM), and DISA staff to ensure that Connection Approval Process (CAP) requirements are met and connection waivers are accurate and submitted in accordance with DoD and Army policy.
f) Security Requirements:
i) Complies with MTC security requirements. Performs physical security, classified information security, and information assurance security tasks in order to safeguard classified information/equipment and high value government purchased and owned equipment and software.
ii) Ensures that data security, including data retrieval, transmission, and storage is conducted IAW applicable government standards to ensure that data transmission and storage are secure and free from unauthorized access IAW AR 380-5 and AR 25-2.
iii) Under the guidance of the Information Assurance Manager (IAM) shall ensure RMF/DIACAP accredited database and network security measures remain in place to protect information and systems from unauthorized access IAW AR 25-2 and all RMF regulations.
iv) Picks up, handles, transports, installs, inventories, stores, and destroys COMSEC equipment, devices, and keying material IAW all DA and National Security Agency (NSA) procedures and regulations when required.
3) Job Qualification
a) Expert understanding of NIST, DoD, & Army Cybersecurity & Risk Management Framework policies, directives, instructions, manuals, and best business practices. Knowledge of current industry methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating IT security assessment, monitoring, detection and remediation tools and procedures utilizing standards-based concepts and capabilities. Knowledge of disaster recovery continuity of operations plans. Knowledge of enterprise incident response program, roles, and responsibilities. Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of Defense-in-Depth). Knowledge of known vulnerabilities from alerts, advisories, errata, and bulletins. Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability. Knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools. Knowledge of server administration and systems engineering theories, concepts, and methods. Knowledge of systems lifecycle management principles, including software security and usability. Skill in determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
This position is not yet funded.
Lead Systems Architect is responsible for technology direction, ensures project implementation for agency networking, compute, storage and enterprise applications, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate and manage technology solutions. Lead System Architect will also contribute to identifying best-fit architectural solutions across enterprise through collaboration with some other internal and external stakeholders to evaluate, investigate, design, test, C&A, deploy and transition and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Government leadership to address all current and future mission needs
The System Architect will work with his team to provide system documentation and architecture diagram skills in system architecture, engineering, administration, configuration, and security procedures.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Supports the development of cross functional or large-scale automated information systems to include enterprise architectures
- Designs system architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements and provides for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces
- Provides comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
- Performs evaluation of system alternatives and assessment of risks and costs
Provide technical support for the following equipment:
Data Links, Battle Force Tactical Trainer(BFTT) and Co-Operability Engagement Capability. (CEC) On Site Support
1. Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
This position is not yet funded.
- Provides configuration management support to assigned projects
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems
- Identifies configuration items, implements change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
- Works on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.)
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets
- Ensures that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards
- Tracks all problems and changes in product documents/software and reports changes, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations
- Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
GDIT is seeking a Senior Capture Manager for the Department of Homeland Security to join our outstanding Business Solutions & Strategies team! You will lead pre-proposal shaping activities, orchestrate capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities, and be responsible for leading opportunities toward high win probability.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to play a leadership role as we work together to create the Next GDIT and apply the breadth of resources available in our new organization to critical technology and mission challenges across the Intelligence community. The extent of our portfolio and the scale of our $10B company ensure that you can take on new challenges and new roles as our business and mission-impact expands.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic thinking and execution for capture efforts with potential revenues of over $100 Million by determining capture team resource requirements and costs associated with bid.
- Understand capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses and direct the development of strategies and marketing philosophies.
- Provide leadership and management by identifying and training capture team members to ensure necessary support elements are available.
- Interact with a broad range of departments to develop win and price strategies.
- Manage cross/multiple capture efforts in conjunction by collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Provide customer and business knowledge through business intelligence to ensure the team fully understands the desires and needs of the customers and the capabilities of potential competitors.
- Create win themes and strategies including value propositions and have full responsibility for executing all aspects of the capture process all the way through contract win.
- Identify and obtain commitment from business partners to ensure winning team.
- Provide communication and time management by leading executive management gate reviews.
- Develop pricing strategy to provide the optimal cost advantage for the bid.
- Prioritize and ensure that properly prepared recommendations (i.e., go/no-go presentations) are delivered to senior management.
- Conduct color team reviews to ensure that reviews are conducted in a repeatable manner adhering to ISD procedures and processes.
- Retain configuration control of processes, procedures, and applicable training artifacts related ISD color teams.
- Retain configuration control of processes, procedures, and applicable training artifacts related BSSG initiated proposal process improvement efforts.
Develops, codes, deploys, and maintains web applications and websites.
1. Designs and maintains internal websites using WordPress
2. Configure and implement out-of-the box SharePoint sites to include but not be limited to web parts and workflows/service.
3. Train staff on the use of system.
4. Design and create SharePoint templates.
5. Develop metadata and taxonomy based on user requirements to ensure view and structure of application fits user requirements.
6. Configure search scopes; configure Permission/Access Control
7. Document library and list setup and customization.
8. Design and implement out of the box and customized workflows and page views
9. Provide support for installation, farm configuration and use.
10. Provide consulting support to internal personnel and other customers.
11. Provide SharePoint assistance ranging from system information and/or documentation to system configuration and problem resolution.
12. Participate in project meetings and initiatives for customers.
13. Serve as a resource for solving user problems and confer with senior engineering staff to resolve more complex problems.
14. Interact with groups as appropriate to efficiently respond to user requests/problems.
15. Perform other, within scope, official duties as assigned.
Network / Telecom Analyst
Top Secret Clearance*
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The Enterprise IT as a Service – Network as a Service (EITaaS-NaaS) team is seeking a Network/Telecom Technician to be a part of their program at Offutt AFB, Bellevue, Nebraska.
The Technician will provide technical support to communication systems to the EITaaS-NaaS team.
Standard duties include:
- Evaluate, analyze, administer and maintain voice, data and wireless communications systems.
- Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
- Coordinates installation of equipment.
- May Install, test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
- Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
- Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
*We can start a person with a Secret and upgrade to TS which is required to maintain/perform within position.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Help Desk Technician– Service Desk Specialist (L2)- Shift Work - Must be willing to work all shifts below holidays and weekends.
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
*NOTE: Shift work schedule*
1st Shift - 6 AM - 2 PM
2nd Shift - 2 PM - 10 PM
3rd Shift -10 PM - 6 AM
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Service Desk Specialist:
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Perform STIGs & IAVA implementation for system devices, perform imaging of systems, CERP replacement, etc.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis to provide guidance on procedures concerning account requests, e-mail, home directories, file access/storage, and other local procedures as required to ensure mission success.
- Perform Level I/II Active Directory functions such as unlocking accounts, creating and issuing accounts, etc.
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- Computing Env:MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Please note that certifications are subject to change based on contratual requirements
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activi
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements
Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Experience developing portable software on Windows and Unix platforms
Familiarity with natural language processing or machine-learning technologies
Familiarity with secure software design and implementation
Familiarity with Agile development approaches
Ability to work in small group projects to produce high-quality software Typical responsibilities research, design, develop, modify and maintain systems and applications software.
Participates in the design and coding of new or enhanced software products.
Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
Analyzes test results, determine root cause of failures, design solutions to address failures.
Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Network Engineering and Administration Support – VoIP Management
Work Location - Zagan, Poland (unaccompanied assignment)
Minimum SECRET/SSBI with ability to obtain TS/SCI as required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and manage Cisco VoIP systems and ensure the network is protected and secure.
- Provide pro-active network management of switches, routers, and other ancillary devices to ensure a constant state of readiness and availability.
- Ensure the network is properly configured and operating efficiently while maintaining constant network availability and 100% network uptime.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on a regularly scheduled basis and provide touch labor service support as needed.
- Provide Commercial Mobile Devices (CMD) support for DoD approved Cellphones and Smartphones (Blackberries and iPhones) including initial IT provisioning and troubleshooting support
- Assist with the tracking and management of commercial mobile devices and SIMs in accordance with Army Regulations and Theater Telephone Control Officer guidance.
- Have knowledge and experience with Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) server, Defense Enterprise Provisioning Online (DEPO), Purebred for Mobile as a Purebred Agent, and DISA StoreFront as an Authorized Requesting Official (ARO).
- Perform Entitlement Management tasks to ensure mobile device users are under the correct group, the ActiveSync entitlement is applied, and transfers requests are submitted for outgoing personnel.
- Provide Communication Security (COMSEC) support for the organization.
- Properly handle and safeguard Controlled Cryptographic Items in accordance with Army Regulations and local security policies.
- Provide support as the COMSEC hand receipt holder to include requisition, accountability, issuance, key management, destruction and associated records management.
- Assist the Outside Plant/Inside Plant Network Engineer with plant cable management for multiple network classifications.
- Assist the team with logistics support as required.
- Works closely with Architects/Engineers to coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining the IP telephony voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware.
- Providing engineering analysis and resolving voice/call center issues, determining and documenting problem root causes.
- Providing technical training, documentation, and technical assistance to Help Desk personnel and other organizations.
- Work with network operations group to resolve SIP/Cisco/Skype problems.
- Work closely with Help Desk personnel and vendors for upgrade/change device hardware and software.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.