Click column header to sort
Network Engineer / Systems Integrator
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks in theater to support coalition partners.
Individual will work with system owners and stakeholders to define the details of Enterprise Service functions and Application Program Interfaces (API); identify and recommend Enterprise Service evolution to maximize use of Enterprise Services; participate in the evaluation of service design, development and verification; define and execute Enterprise Service integration. The Systems Integrator will conduct trade studies and assessments and develop system-level documentation in conjunction with end users. The Systems Integrator will oversee and manage IT projects related to moving applications through USAREUR's processes and procedures and achieve Approval to Operate (ATO) for assigned systems by coordinating activities between users and technical staff, internal and external to USAREUR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and assistance to the Government Program Manager in the implementation and maintenance of multiple advanced technology programs
- Identify system-level technical requirements to satisfy functional needs
- Create and maintain systems level documentation including System Requirement Documents (SRDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs) on multiple systems
- Perform Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) to help the government determine the best available solution to meet its requirements
- Provide Architect enterprise, system and services solutions
- Evaluate technology for suitability in customer environment
- Propose solutions to customers' IT problems
- Organize and host technical meetings and conferences
- Other duties as assigned
The Program/Data Analyst will support the continual improvement of a government program by conducting high-level data analysis using information collected during on-site monitoring visits and from other sources.
- Works with Program staff and Monitors to enhance the collection and analysis of program performance data
- Updates and develops onsite monitoring and data collection tools and processes to yield statistically reliable and informative data
- Develops methods to better capture and communicate correction actions and best practices
- Assists in identifying performance outcomes and indicators
- Drafts cover letters, agendas, and other template documents
- Collects data regularly from Program staff and monitors progress of activities towards program goals
- Identifies uniform data points for analysis
- Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis
- Conducts high-level data interpretation and analysis using a data analytics platform
- Prepares written summaries and presentations that reflect the results of the data analysis and presents findings to the government customer
- Provide ad-hoc data reporting as needed
- Help train program monitors on the use of data collection and monitoring tools
- Assist with projects that support the continual improvement of the overall program
Contract: I2TS 3
Systems Administrator (L2)
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices,
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Knowledge of related hardware and software
- High School Diploma/GED with 8 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Computing Environment certification: MCSA Server 2016 (You can start with the first exam completed (70-740) and must obtain the full MCSA Server 2016 within 180 days from start date.)
- TS.SCI Required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Performs routine tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Participates in the maintenance of telecommunications equipment and the installation, rearrangement, and removal of equipment and associated wiring.
3. Participates in the testing, location, and repair of equipment problems associated with trouble calls and performs routine maintenance.
4. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
5. Participates in special projects as required.
Required skills/experience: Close support in the customer environment to include, hardware, software, peripherals, active directory, ticketing system, VTC, phone, install experience.
Desired Skills/experience: CMA. Associate Degree or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, System Engineering or related field.
• Directly related work experience in a technical help desk position supporting Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2003 or later, Internet Explorer, and business applications used within a business environment
• Knowledge of multiple desktop programs, configuration and debugging techniques
• Detailed oriented as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making
• Experience with TCP/IP and general networking issues
• Experience providing superior customer service and support
• Experience working effectively in a team environment, communicating effectively, resolving issues efficiently, and contributing to the improvement of the infrastructure
• Experience with virus scanning services; Desktop, stand-alone and laptop computing services
• Experience with servers, printers and peripheral services
• Experience with Data transfer services
• Experience with ticket tracking, closing, and escalating issues; assisting in installing peripheral IT items and Access administration
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills, successful in working both independently and in a team environment
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• CMA/DMA/MCSA desired
• Experience excellent listening and writing skills
• O&M experience
• Ability to work independently; and manage multiple task assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to describe how to use an application, system, etc.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Designs, fabricates, modifies, and evaluates electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in electronic equipment and devices.
GDIT is currently identifying qualified candidates for an Advanced Desktop Support Technician. The position can be based in Richmond, VA, Ft. Belvoir, San Antonio, Norfolk or Warner Robins.
This position covers planning and delivery of customer support services including installation, troubleshooting, user assistance, and training. Functions may include diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents, planning and analysis of work processes, researching and reporting trends and patterns of problems, developing training materials and performing computing/information system training sessions, developing and maintaining problem tracking databases, installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware and software, performing backup and recovery operations, consulting with users to identify needs and requirements, conducting feasibility studies and trade-off analyses, preparing business cases, and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/Cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices. May be required to support DLA’s eProcurement system, a segment of its SAP-based enterprise resource planning system.
General Dynamics Information Technology is actively seeking Aegis Trainers in Dahlgren, VA for immediate start dates.
Seeking candidates with one or more of the following Skill Sets: SPY Baseline 7 D(V) Radar Fire Controlman, FCS ORTS Technician Baseline 5, AEGIS Computer Network Technician (all baselines), AEGIS Weapons System Technician (all baselines) with BMD a plus.
Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren, VA. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of Aegis Combat System (AWS; SPY-1; WCS).
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require intermediate knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical Doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Teaches moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Periodically reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Design / Fabrication / Test of mechanical and electrical components for data acquisition systems and supporting components used for Navy shipboard testing.
*REQUISITION IS A PIPLINE REQUISITION, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING REVIEWED IN THE FUTURE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO APPLY*
GDIT is seeking an AWS/Azure Cloud Architect, this role works directly with customers and engineers, providing technical leadership, deep technology expertise and architecture experience. This position provides hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring technologies are successfully incorporated into customer environments. Functions as part of a highly skilled agile development and architecture team supporting major government cloud programs. Comfortable in environment where "The Best Idea Wins," irrespective of title or years of experience.
- Designs and defines Amazon Web Services and Azure architecture for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures.
- Performs expert-level systems AWS & Azure development and design work that may include logical system design; I/O design; cloud architecture analysis and design; and systems engineering.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future AWS/Azure cloud implementations.
- Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
- Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions by understanding FISMA, NIST, and agency specific security frameworks.
- Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis to guide major architecture and procurement decisions.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs, but self-aware enough to know personal technical limits.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades and designs systems enhancements.
- Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems (acts as high level escalation during maintenance windows).
- Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Serves as a program architect on major government cloud initiatives reporting to the Chief Architect.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as primary liaison with senior clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.