Click column header to sort
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
The Software Engineer will design, develop, code, test, and debug complex software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 10-15 years of related software development experience
- Hands-on development experience with C# and ASP.Net
- Hands-on experience with data formats including XML, PCAP, images, and media
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Flume.
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc
- Experience with Elastic Search and relational databases.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities
Systems Administrator / Programmer - Powershell & SQL
Lackland AFB, TX
Minimum Secret Clearance
GDIT is currently seeking a Sys Admin / Programmer - Powershell & SQL at Lackland AFB to support the IAFNOS contract, which supports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations, including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
This position is responsible for:
- Administering and managing automated change and incident management tools.
- Updating content and configurations to support automated change and incident management workflow accomplishment.
- Updating tool configurations and providing informative content to enable AFIN users and operators to resolve changes and incidents at the lowest possible tier. The content shall presented through the automated management tools and/or Tier 0 Self-help websites. Information content shall include frequently asked questions and standard solutions for the resolution of issues on the AFIN.
- Analyzing customer feedback from automated change and incident management tools to identify service improvements (includes analyzing feedback received from customers about automated tools providing a summary in the MAR and providing a Technical Report when improvements are gleaned from the analysis
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Directory Services, Exchange, and also experience with Air Force Cloud Hosted Enterprise Services (CHES)
- Perform Active Directory (AD) queries to determine issues with account processing through automated tools.
- Create and use PowerShell Scripts to support AD queries and analyze broad account configuration issues.
- Create and use PowerShell Scripts to analyze issues with Cloud Mailbox actions.
- Monitor SQL databases for issues with automated and manually processed requests.
- Determine cause of Tier O account management request failures.
- Create SQL queries within Microsoft Access to standardize data reviews and updates.
- Resolve issues with failed account transaction requests in SQL tables.
- Develop recommendations for solutions to Active Directory housekeeping practices that are affecting Tier 0 automated tools.
- Coordinate solutions for user network and exchange accounts with COS/NOS Directory Service and Exchange technicians.
- Investigate network account actions to determine if issues are being caused by automated or native tools and where the issues originated.
- Create design/requirement documents for improvements, new capabilities, and bug repairs for the automated Tier 0 tools.
- Perform pre-release debugging of new coding based on design/requirement documents.
- Conduct debugging of issues discovered within current Tier 0 tools.
As an analyst supporting the Policy Team at a government agency in Washington, DC, the candidate will provide research, writing, editorial, and technical assistance with respect to development of procedures and responses to outside inquiries. Duties include:
- Draft and edit procedures and program guidance
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and training on agreements, policies, and procedures to care provider staff, field staff and other stakeholders
- Provide research and editorial support to the policy team on relevant issues including child welfare systems, foster care, child abuse and neglect child and adolescent mental health, family reunification, etc.
- Assist in response to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, congressional inquiries, inquiries and questions from other stakeholders
- Coordinate internal and external reviews and compile recommendations to the policy team based on feedback received
- Conduct research to inform the development of talking points, memorandums, reports, briefings, analyses, and other materials provided to interested parties
- Engage non-governmental stakeholders to obtain expert input to advance the mission of the program
- Support inter-agency and intra-agency coordination of program functions
- Support development and review of content for meeting agendas, reports, and responses to executive and Congressional inquiries
- Support special projects as needed
This position is based in Washington, DC, and requires a Public Trust clearance, or the ability to obtain it.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a candidate to provide Network and Systems Engineering support on a Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) network supporting a US Government customer. The selected candidate will work as on local network of workstations and servers consisting of approximately 240 assets consisting of 80% Windows and 10% Linux and Macintosh operating systems running on VMWare. The underlying network infrastructure is primarily Cisco devices.
Specific Job Duties include:
- Configuration and maintenance of the VMware infrastructure
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of network devices – firewalls, routers, and switches
- Installing and configuring workstations and servers
- Installing required applications on hosts and servers
- Performing required IA scanning and applying STIGS as required
- Patching and troubleshooting hosts
- Maintenance of routers, switches, and firewalls
- Tier I/II end user support for those working on the project network
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning, and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance, and/or repair activities.
Core Hours: 9-3. Most staff works 6:30-3. Create, submit, and oversee a high volume of email and verbal requests through Sponsor-specific databases. Required to multitask and operate without specific direction. Required to work both independently and in a team environment. Must be able to quickly learn the most effective and efficient transportation methods. Serve as stakeholders and customers main POC and required to conduct follow-up inquires with shipping partners and return status updates to customers within 24-48 hrs. Must be willing to acquire delivery method proficiency across a variety of defined transportation schedules. Expected to apply basic planning and project management principles to develop a delivery schedule. Will coordinate with Sponsor counterparts, develop and submit electronic spreadsheets/manifest to outline and track movement and delivery of material worldwide. Manually check inventory of boxes to verify accuracy; execute correct wrapping and documentation according to method of shipment. Must be able willing to use forklift on a daily basis. Must be detail oriented and able to resolve discrepancies between delivery reports. Proactively upload documents into Sponsor specific websites for reference. Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word. Prior Customer experience is desired but not mandatory. Experience with Sponsor's travel application is desired but Customer is willing to provide training.
GDIT is leading the effort of developing the Joint Effect Model (JEM) for the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR). JEM is a Web-based software application that supplies the Department of Defense (DoD) with a single accredited tool to effectively model and simulate the effects of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) weapon strikes and incidents. JEM can provide warfighters with the ability to accurately model and predict the time-phased impact of CBRN and Toxic Industrial Chemical/Material (TIC/TIM) events and effects.
We are currently seeking a Software Test Engineer to support this effort for GDIT. We are looking for Engineers for our Middletown, RI or San Diego, CA, offices.
You will be responsible for developing, executing, and documenting tests and for software units, components, and applications. You will also:
- Define testing processes and ensure tests adhere to established standards
- Define and execute test procedures for component and system level tests
- Execute different categories of tests including: smoke, regression, performance, and verification and validation (V&V)
- Troubleshoot problems and documents findings of tests in Software Test Reports (STRs) and V&V documentation
- Participate in quality assurance plan development
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Perform COTs product DAR/trade studies, including criteria such as, but not limited to, performance requirements, environmental requirements, vendors, cost, product life, warranty, etc. Interface with SCM and COTS vendors to acquire information needed for the trade studies (cost data, requirements validation, product EOL data, etc.). Capture requirements, compare multiple offerings, and perform down-select via a weighted criteria mechanism that includes (TOC) total ownership cost. Participate in presenting trade study details and proposed down-select choice to the government customer for approval. Attend weekly Hardware Working group and Core Asset Working Group meetings.
Reviews and evaluates software products and systems to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards. Develops software/systems testing procedures and conducts tests.
This is a challenging position for an experienced tester to work on a new, high-profile, large scale application with users in 50+ agencies across the Sponsor. This candidate will work with other testers and a team of Engineers/Software Developers to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with inputs from multiple stakeholders. This position will require exceptional flexibility and technical skills. The work will be done in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders and changing requirements. The candidate will communicate with team leads and senior leadership, assess changes, and rapidly change direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. The candidate, in coordination with Sponsor PM and other leads, will support development of the overall testing strategy for the program and be responsible for executing according to the test plan.
This effort will include a variety of activities, including:
•Developing automated test scripts, test cases using Selenium test suite and use of Java development skills to integrate testing components.
•Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into test plans.
•Development and presentation of technical documentation, test cases, test reports, test data sets and other briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management.
•Participating in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements.
•Working with other enterprise service programs and other test teams to coordinate integration testing of their capabilities that will be consumed in the final system implementation.
•Working with other performance and security test teams as appropriate.
ADDITIONAL WORK DESCRIPTION:
This effort will include conducting testing across multiple classification fabrics for the final enterprise system.
GIS Systems Engineer Advisor (ESRI/ArcGIS)
A successful applicant will have experience with, and be comfortable providing:
- ESRI ArcGIS Application Suite Architecture and Management
- Gather theater-wide customer requirements, design, and implement system architectures to ensure high availability and low application latency for the ESRI suite of services.
- Configure and deploy the entire suite of ESRI ArcGIS applications to suit customer requirements.
- Work with a team of developers to integrate ArcGIS services into business process specific web applications.
- Manage geospatial content, create new maps and overlays, implement ArcGIS Story Maps.
- Server Environment Sustainment
- Ensure service availability in accordance with customer-established requirements.
- Plan for, recommend, and implement system upgrades and maintenance.
- Automate routine tasks using appropriate technologies and demonstrate improved efficiencies and cost savings.
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Succinctly and correctly articulate designs, issues, and recommendations to the customer and site management.
- Be comfortable working with and providing technical briefings to decision makers.
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
9. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibility.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
- Answer routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
- Greet and escort visitors
- Retrieve; sort; and distribute incoming mail; newspapers; faxes; and other publications/documents
- Arrange for the delivery of outgoing mail/packages with the mailroom
- Prepare travel/training arrangements and process travel/training accounting/vouchers for the program office
- Draft; proofread; edit and coordinate correspondence
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
- Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Participate in meetings and events: may serve as recorder and may present position-related information
- Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
- Assist in ordering supplies/equipment and arranging for office equipment repairs
- Perform administrative back up support for other offices
- Recommend innovative processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the office
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Prepare routine status reports and track office-related metrics
- Manage routine website content updates and coordinate more complex website changes with webmaster
- Coordinate scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Attend meetings; events; and forums
- Assist in maintaining inventories; records; and receipts
- Coordinate office renovations and relocation activities
- Support TIER actions; assign actions to the appropriate divisions or branches; follow up on actions; coordinate responses in a non-conflicted manner for senior management review; provide status reports; and participate at TIER meetings
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.