Senior Systems Engineer
TS/SCI Clearance Required
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, computer architecture analysis and design, and digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Invents innovative ways to drive production operational efficiency.
- Drives scalability and operability of supported systems/infrastructure.
- Implements, manages and enhances Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline tools.
- Creates, maintains, and reviews Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Desired State Configuration (DSC) and/or Puppet configuration management tools to support the provisioning infrastructure.
- Creates and maintains detailed system documentation.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Assists in the maintenance of system security; executes common practices and procedures. Monitors usage statistics and logs. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications.
This position is not yet funded.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Defense Division is currently looking for an Operations Analyst – Advisor to join our team. The position will support Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) has a requirement for technical and engineering support in the systems engineering, integration, maintenance, documentation, and development and operation of training simulations as well as maintenance and logistics of tactical training equipment within the CSCS domain. GDIT is looking for experienced, capable candidates to provide technical and engineering support in the systems engineering, integration, maintenance, documentation, and development and operation of training simulations as well as maintenance and logistics of tactical training equipment within the CSCS domain.
The Operations Analyst Provides military subject matter expertise to assigned programs. Four (4) positoins available.
GDIT is actively pursuing a large opportunity requiring a broad range of skills and educational backgrounds in Business, Engineering, Software, Technicians, Environmental, Safety and other specialized skills. The work includes over 1,000 positions with locations through the United States working on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Airspace System (NAS). If awarded, GDIT will provide planning, integration and implementation services of systems, subsystems for the FAA at hundreds of FAA facilities, airports, etc.
GDIT is seeking truly knowledgeable talent that understand business lifecycle, and implementation of aviation-unique and nonavation systems, and are highly skilled in their technical execution. All candidates must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance (basic background check). US Citizen or Permanent Residency strongly preferred. Active roles we are recruiting for are listed below:
1) Program Support: Program/Business Analyst, Scheduler, Quality Management, Training Specialist, Project Admin
Conducts research, evaluations and studies and presents recommendations for short and long-term program planning requirements. Classifies and summarizes data for recurring reports and that includes planning, scheduling, and metrics reports. Provides coordination assistance for regional and headquarters’ organizations including monitoring/tracking of programs. Training Specialist assist in procurement, analysis, design, development, delivery, and evaluation of management and general training and training for new and existing equipment and systems. Activites include coordinating training requirements with the FAA Academy, regions, and headquarters. Project Administrator provides planning, scheduling, coordination and administrative assistance for FAA and contractor organizations. Provides direct support in the management of personnel, financial, operations, and technical aspects of programs and projects.
2) Systems Support: Systems Engineer, Systems Analysts, Systems Planner
Systems Engineers/Analystics provide a comprehensive review and analysis definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance. Track and monitor requirements from specifications to test and implementation. Performs evaluation of alternatives and an assessment of risks, schedules and costs. Planner and Analyst positions include providing planning services for multiple programs and projects simultaneiously. The planning expertise required will affect the design, construction, safety, installation, implementation, management, and efficiency. Plans can include equipment layout plans, transition plans, strategic plans, master plans, interface plans, management plans, financial plans, and program and project plans.
3) Automation Support: Database Mgr, Info Specialist, LAN/WAN Admin, Computer Systems engineer
Automation Support positions include Database Manager with expertise in design, review and maintenance of data base systems (e.g., Oracle and MS Access). Information Specialist compiles, arranges, archives and retrievs customer, project or program information. LAN/WAN Administrator has expertise in configuring, installing, upgrading and trouble shooting in a PC LAN environment, or in a WAN environment. Expertise includes PC hardware and software, network hardware (file server, NIC, cabling), and network operating systems. Computer Systems Engineer performs system-engineering functions with respect to computer functional allocations, software development, hardware integration, and reliability, maintainability, and availability (RMA). Also provides expertise in real-time automation systems.
4) Engineering: Electrical (Including Power), Civil, Mechanical, Communications Engineers, Environmental Engineers
All engineering positions require bachelor’s degree in the appropriate engineering specialty from an accredited college or university. Experience on FAA or aviations systems or facilities is a plus.
Electrical/Electronics engineers will provide engineering and design support in various specializations include: radar, navigation aids, communications, Power switching & conditioning, weather systems and automation. They will contribute to the modernization of complex electrical, electronics and visual aids system, or have knowledge of building codes. Civil engineers create and review designs for modernization or expansion of FAA facilities. Assess structural designs, construction techniques, monitor construction scheduling, hazardous materials handling and conduct tests and studies. Mechanical Engineers provide engineering and design support for building plumbing/ piping systems, HVAC systems, chillers, cooling towers, engine generators, elevators, pneumatic and electronic control systems, waste treatment systems and environmental control systems. Communications Engineers will work on state-of-the-art and legacy systems performing design reviews, transition, integration, and implementation of voice and voice switching network communications systems. Positions support spectrum analysis. Environmental Engineers apply expertise in environmental aspects of facilities and systems for controlling pollution and protecting quality of resources and the environment, and applying Federal and state environmental laws.
5) ATC Services Support: Air Traffic Control Specialist, UAS ATC specialists, UAS Operators, ATC PBN Analyst, Surveillance/radars
Most ATC Positions require certified full-performance level Air Traffic Controller (ATC) in either a civilian or military environment. Provide support to various ATC Centers, TRACONS, Towers, and Headquarters and Regional offices. Provide ATC knowledge to the development of site implementation and transition planning for National and Regional, Facilities and Equipment, Capital Investment Plan projects. PBN positions include researching, reducing and correlation of data from multiple sources for development and analysis of Performance Based Navigation (PBN) projects and PBN reports. UAS ATC personnel will review requirements and plans for UAS airspace development and management, charts, Procedures development and coordinate reviews. Assess special events involving UAS traffic management issues.
ATC topics include: Special Use Airspace (SUA) management, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations management, Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR), procedural waiver reviews, and document change proposals.
6) Environmental Support: Environmental Engineer and EOSH Professional
Responsible for implementing Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental workplace and systems operations safety programs for FAA. Includes collecting, classifying and reports on EOSH data. Work includes researching and identifying safety requirements, developing draft safety requirements and draft plans. Executing safety programs including workplace inspections.
7) Specialty Support: Includes SME, Fire Protection
A variety of specialized labor categories will be required during the 10 years of this contract. These include and not limited to Fire Protection Engineers/professionals assessing facilities design and contruction to Fire/Life Safety considerations. Meteorologist to collect and interprete weather data and products from various FAA and NOAA data sourses. Operations Researchers analyze and measure air traffic and systems performance. Identify metrics and reports on aviation trends.
8) Integrated Logistics Support:
Integrated Logistics Specialists provide expertise planning and implementing logistics support programs for new and evolving systems, subsystems and equipment. This includes requirements formulation, preparation of logistic requirements for Request for Proposals and review/evaluation of how equipment manufacturers perform integrated logistics support. Configuration management (CM) personnel ensure policies and the appropriate control is applied to National Airspace Sytems and components on nationally and regional levels. Work including selection and use of CM tools and various support programs designed to improve communication between and increase the productivity of managers and project leads.
9) Technical Support:
Technicians, Technical Writers are required for several technical disciplines including electronics, environmental, computer networks, safety and engineering. Activities include operating and troubleshooting machinery or equipment. Provides electronic support during the installation, test, and troubleshooting of automation hardware and systems. Comptuer Network adminstration of LANs and install new systems. Support planning, maintenance and documentation of systems and subsystems performance. Technical Writers will edit wide range of Program/project reports, briefings, technical reports, operational and training manuals.
Program Manager of the General Dynamics Information Technology contractor team supporting the Air National Guard’s Distributed Training Operations Center (DTOC).
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area with annual revenues of $10M and above.
- Directly, and through subordinate managers oversees and manages the DTOC Contractor team; provide working interface between the Contractor, DTOC Director and COR
- Assures contract compliance for all contract personnel employed at the DTOC and its operating locations
- Provides planning and operational support to DTOC
- Assists with contract documentation including statements of work (SOW), security documentation (DD254), technical assessment and respond to government data calls for cost estimates and contract modifications
- Assists in tracking contract expenditures and hours vs. remaining hours (burn rate)
- Assists with budget analysis, spend plan and requirements documentation and tracking
- Coordinates with distributed sites for equipment and labor estimates for installing and servicing DMO related equipment and potential connectivity
- Writes, assists and coordinates on a variety of documentation required in the DTOC including white papers, presentations, correspondence, marketing and publications
- Conducts program analysis or delegation to team member with appropriate communication, written and analytical skills
- Develops and implements business plans, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluates results within business unit to determine if organizational objectives are being met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
Provide technical support for the following equipment: USQ-155 (TVS) and SYQ - 26(V)7 (NAVMACS).
1. Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
- Provide client technology support services, including initial deployment of new desktops, laptops, peripherals and software, and provide general support services for all technical areas.
- Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Act as onsite operator for other technical and organizational teams to provide hands/eyes support as well as standard administration functions.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to identify and resolve issues.
- Provide technical support and training to end-users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Monitors and operates computers and related peripheral equipment.
1. Sets up, monitors, and controls one or more central console computers or on-line terminals, and peripheral equipment, such as printers, tape, and disk drives.
2. Selects and loads input and output
3. Observes operation of equipment, control panel, error lights, verification printouts, error messages, and faulty output, and responds accordingly.
4. Maintains records and prepares reports as required
5. Assists in performing system back-ups
6. Resolves routine errors, and routes complex error messages to appropriate personnel.
7. Confers with software engineering or programming personnel in the event errors require a change of instructions or sequence of operations.
8. Manipulates controls to rearrange sequence of job steps to continue operations when individual units malfunction.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced operators.
10. May serve as a team leader
11. Participates in special projects as required
The LVC-IA Operator provides local and distributed live, virtual, constructive simulation and gaming training support incorporating live (HITS) virtual (AVCATT, RVTT/RVS/CCTT), and games for training (VBS 3) training devices supporting and Integrated Training Environment (ITE). The LVC-IA Operator serves as a Systems Administrator. This position is an IAT I coded IT role with a DCWF Work Role as System Administrator IAW DoD 8570.01-m Change 4 2012. Security clearance of at least SECRET (S) is required. Additionally, a Classified Alternate Token is required for system access. Systems management functions include installing software, managing user accounts, constructing communication files, conducting and archiving backup files, recovery, maintaining the technical library, secure operation and storage of encryption devices, and tuning systems parameters for optimal functions. During times of open LVC schedule, this contractor will be available to train and facilitate on comparable non-LVC models as required. Reports directly to LVC-IA Manager.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.
Core Hours: 0900-1500. Process visitor requests. Plan and implement multi-occupational blitzes that meet all budget, policy, and security requirements. Electronically schedule tests, travel, and interviews for applicants. Submit applicant reservations to Office management. Ensure effective travel cost-seek alternative cost saving travel options when making reservations. Correspond with applicants via phone, email, and in person. Research mileage for POV calculations. Serve as POC for applicants. Track and updates key spreadsheets. Draft and maintain SOPs. Run reports to retrieve information from multiple databases. Prepare interview packages and distribute to recruiters. Send and receive test results. Scan and achieve test results. Provide briefings on a regular basis to applicants. Must be comfortable with public speaking. Onboard/remove staff from various databases and accesses. Keep team rosters and phone trees up to date. Assist with drafting PowerPoint briefings. Office support duties on ad-hoc basis.
We seek an experienced Windows Application Developer to support our customer’s applications including design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing applications.
The candidate must be experienced with research, design, development and modification of enterprise-wide systems and/or application software. The candidate must have excellent communication and documentation skills, and will be responsible for creating all related standards, operating procedures, and security documentation.
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with the client and senior staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications because your opinion matters. You will need to explain technical concepts in a way that is easily understood.
- With minimum guidance provide technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Develop and maintain software applications as required to meet internal organization requirements.
- Assist in the design of architectures to include software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Apply software engineering efforts and programming support required to develop, implement, and maintain custom software applications that will support diverse sets of disparate data and information sources.
- Utilize enterprise tools (e.g. Remedy, ITSM, ArcSight, SharePoint etc.) as required. Customization within enterprise fielded solutions may be required to meet customer needs.
- Support the building, testing, evaluation, operation, and security of software system prototypes that demonstrate potential design solutions to satisfy operational and functional requirements.
- Perform systems hardware and software integration and testing, to ensure total operational and functional compatibility with interfacing/interacting systems, subsystems, equipment, and computer programs in accordance with DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT).).
- Assist in the design and coding of software product components, units, and modules according to detailed specifications.
- Participate in the design, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or enhancing existing software.
- Participate in the analysis and development of test plans.
- Analyze test results and recommend corrections.
- Participate in systems modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Ensure applications are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
- Determine and identify high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting functional and technical requirements including software updates or upgrades.
- Formulate and define specifications for operating system applications or modify and maintain existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
- Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Create, manage, and monitor maintenance plans and procedures that take into consideration operating environment limitations (such as space, available resources, and operational tempo)
- Coordinate with systems administrators to provide support for a variety of COTS tools and technologies
- Evaluate and install new software releases, patches, and system upgrades
- Perform operations in a manner that minimizes impact on application downtime
- Plan, test, and implement initiatives to incorporate new technologies not currently present within the client environment
- Identify and troubleshoot application issues
- Coordinate with other teams to diagnose and correct issues
- Communicate with program manager and government leads as to the progress of open items and work with security specialists and other infrastructure resources as needed
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Provide advice and training to end users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Security and STIGs
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process
- Document, implement, and maintain system and database security policies in accordance with DISA STIG requirements
- Implement mitigations of security vulnerabilities in response to IAVAs
- Support auditing requirements
- Participate in the writing and updating of technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Define and oversee application development standards, controls, and procedures
- Create documentation required for Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Complete planning and documentation prior to new integration or implementation
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Maintain and document scripts and batch processes
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
- Must have a minimum of a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility on hire and confirmed within JPAS.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+ ce) at date of hire
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager.
- If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional Windows certification within 3 months after your start date.
- CND-IS Certification (i.e. CEH, CySA+, GICSP, or SSCP – only one is required)
- If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional CND-IS certificate within 3 months after your start date.
- Client Site, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Core hours are 9-3pm. We have a little bit of flexibility with shift hours based on mission requirements (i.e., 7:00-3:30pm, 8:30am-5:00pm).
- Some flexibility may be required to cover when others are out of office and during maintenance windows.
- No alternate work schedules
- No telework allowed
Travel: Occasional travel may be required – normally less than 10%.
General Dynamics has an immediate opening for a Lead Computer Operator to join our Operations team. The position provides an opportunity to operate cutting-edge equipment on a system that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. The selected candidate will work on an operations team to ensure the system maintains a high degree of reliability and remains available for our customer's needs.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Work on a 24x7x365 operations crew - work 12hr Shifts
- Lead crew members in the execution of daily and routine procedures to maintain system state of health, responding to issues as they arise, or gathering pertinent information for troubleshooting
- Lead daily turnover, updates operations log on daily activity progress, and reviews all operator log entries for accuracy.
- Certify in multiple operator positions; knowledge based and on the-job training provided prior to certification testing.
- Coordinate with engineering subject matter experts to implement undocumented configuration changes and complex maintenance activities
- Work with the customer to understand and address their concerns accordingly
- Monitor system GUI's to ensure system equipment and services are operational, able to respond to system event notifications and concisely report events or system discrepancies
- Support integration and operation crew during system upgrades, testing, and maintenance
- Identify areas of process improvements to increase operational readiness
- Participates in the development of operational and engineering processes
- Participates in special projects as required
This REQ is currently not yet funded.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.