Click column header to sort
Performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of an enterprise-wide system.
1. Performs in a junior project management role.
2. Assists with the development of training documents of application.
3. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met. 4. Interacts regularly with customers and other industry representatives to ensure conformance to customer requirements. 5. May perform business development activities. 6. May perform Tier 1 Help Desk support activities. 7. Participates in special projects as required. A candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in JIRA is desired
- Strong writing and organizational skills; ability to write clearly in developing Agile Stories
- Ability and strong desire to be part of a new system in development
- Ability to respond to questions from the user base on newly designed system (Tier 1 Help Desk support for this App)
Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
- Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
- Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
Senior Configuration Analyst
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Provides configuration management support to assigned projects
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyzes engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
2. Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
3. Performs various audits and documents results.
4. Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of customer standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
5. Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
6. Participates in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, actions tracking, brief preparation, presentations, documentation, etc.
7. Initiates software, equipment, and services/support purchases. Acquires vendor quotes, manages procurement process, and interfaces with internal/external procurement stakeholders.
8. Identifies requirements and participates in the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
9. Executes Change Management as a component of the overall Configuration Management program.
10. Takes direction from the Configuration Manager.
11. Coordinates and communicates Change Management actions with the Asset Manager, Service Desk Lead, Systems Lead, and Networks Lead.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Help Desk Specialist.
Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users. Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Acts as the overall lead, manager and administrator for the contracted effort. Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities on technical and program/project issues. Oversees contractor execution of the contract requirements. Manages acquisition and employment of program/project resources. Provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals. Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. This technician performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the incumbent troubleshoots computer problems, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software. Knowledge of help desk ticketing systems, managed services software, Windows 10, 7, Active Directory, Network Basics, VPN Basics, and Mobile Device Basics.
Responsible for determining enterprise information security standards. Knowledge of RMF, DODI 8500 (Cybersecurity) series and Common Criteria preferred. Develops and implements Information security standards and procedures. Provides tactical information security advice and examining the ramifications of new technologies. Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure. Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology, systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Our company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
We have an immediate need for an Systems Engineer to assist in implementing new features and services through assessing and testing new techniques and support processes. Of particular importance is the ability of the resources to understand and operate within an Active Directory environment.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Define, monitor, and assess Supplier activities and deliverables.
- Review and formally approve Supplier deliverables.
- Provide clarification on business requirements and technical design issues.
- Review and approve the Supplier’s project plans and proposed technical solutions.
- When appropriate, provide the technical resources necessary to install application software.
- When appropriate, provide test data from existing legacy system test databases to test system interfaces.
- Provide an acceptance/rejection notice for deliverables to the Supplier.
- Determine when and where meetings will be held. For meetings at USPS facilities, the USPS will provide facilities (including meeting rooms), equipment, property, and materials necessary to conduct the meeting.
We can only accept Green Card Holders or US Citizens for this program.
In compliance with GDIT’s Closeout policy, the candidate will be responsible for analysis, preparation, and posting of final invoices, to include submission of final release documents, for a variety of contract types and customers, to include Government and Civilian Agencies. Candidate will also work on analysis and submission of
invoices for cancelling funds and over-age requirements from DCMA. Senior level candidates will be expected to provide guidance and assistance to less experienced team members.
1. Drives heavy duty vehicles such as tractor trailers and box trucks.
2. Hauls merchandise and or equipment.
3. Loads and unloads vehicle cargo, including, in accordance with weight guidelines and limitations.
4. Operates forklifts and other material handling equipment.
5. May make overnight or extended trips requiring irregular hours.
6. Maintains related records including trip logs and manifests.
7. Performs vehicle safety inspections, and routine maintenance and servicing of the vehicle.
8. Participates in Warehouse Operations.
9. Receives and Ships program material.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Project Engineer to support a large Fabrication Shop with 50-70 personnel, that welds, fits, paints, machines and builds pre-fabrication products which are installed onboard Navy ships.
Ensure projects are completed according to project plans.
Schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting.
Collaborate with management, operations analyst, production team and analyzes the scheduling data.
Responsible for Risk Management, assess and mitigate project risk, managing customer requirements, drive change, and manage conflict.
Highly proficient in creating project plans, scheduling, assigning and managing resources, tracking progress, managing budgets and analyzing workloads in MS Project.
Manufacturing Engineer to support a large Fabrication Shop with 50-70 personnel, that welds, fits, paints, machines and builds pre-fabrication products which are installed onboard Navy ships.
Assess and analyze current manufacturing processes.
Assist in creation of new products, prototypes, work processes, and any other manufacturing needs.
Develop and draft a plan for all manufacturing procedures.
Devise and implement cost saving measures.
Develop and implement efficient quality control processes.
Collaborate with QA personnel, management and production team to facilitate quality control and continuous improvement.
Document and integrate lessons learned into product development process.
Ensure all QA is complete before release of finished product to the customer.
Track QA of fabrication.
Track and analyze inventory records.
Design and fabricate new tools, machines, equipment, etc.
Frequently test all equipment for safety and effectiveness.
Repair or redesign malfunctioning equipment.
Direct and oversee the full lifecycle of a product’s manufacturing process, including design, construction, packaging and quality control.
Educate, train, and supervise employees on current manufacturing and workflow processes.
Track customer change orders, Liaison Action Records (LARs), Engineering Changes Notices (ECNs) and ensure all changes are documented and incorporated into product completion.
Document and track all finished product customer acceptance, and receipts.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.