Click column header to sort
GDIT will conduct experiment and development activities to enhance multiple cyber platforms in the area of command and control, planning, generation, execution, analysis, reporting, visualization and services to support the cyber mission of the U.S. Air Force.
The Ideal candidate will be supporting Cryptologic Cyber Systems Divison in an Agile Software Development environment. Developing and enhancing the cyber posture for AF weapons systems. SW Tool creation and platform integration.
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Work with the customer and development team to understand the needs and priorities to design implementation architecture solutions.
Apply technical knowledge with customer modernization roadmap and architectural requirements to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key infrastructure technologies.
Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption.
Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community.
Be an AWS Platform evangelist with customers and external communities
- Evaluate existing architectures, identify gaps, and propose courses of action to improve stability, availability, manageability, and costs;
- Create architectural guidelines and standards;
- Design, develop, and implement hybrid cloud environments;
- Design, implement, and execute Backup and Recovery and Business Continuity processes;
- Design, implement, and execute security standards;
- Monitor environments for security vulnerabilities and take actions to remediate and/or mitigate risks ;
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis;
- Monitor applications and services within the environments, take actions to resolve issues and implement strategies to prevent future occurrences;
- Monitor AWS maintenance and outages, assess impact, and develop strategies to minimize impact;
- Create and follow up on AWS support tickets.
GDIT Monterey is looking for a talented web application developer to work developing solutions for the US Navy in the areas of Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC), Command and Control (C2), and Intelligence.
We have an immediate opening supporting the Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center (FNMOC) “Web Shop” performing Java and Java Script development on Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) that make METOC data available to the US Navy. FNMOC has the job of providing worldwide meteorology and oceanography support to U.S. and coalition forces from their 24X7 Operations Center. We seek engineers with creative problem solving skills. The team utilizes a Scrum Agile and Kanban methodology with a fully automated continuous integration environment with automated nightly builds and automated test runs.
As many of following technological and domain skills as possible are desired:
Tier I Desired Skills
- Java Web Application Development in a LINUX environment (JBoss)
- REST & Restful Services
- RDBMS (PostgresSQL) and related technologies (JPA/Hybernate, etc...), PostgresSQL
- Python Scripting
- Geospatial Information Systems (GIS): GeoServer & GeoTools are used by FNMOC, but any GIS experience is positive (e.g. Degree, ESRI)
Tier II Desired Skills
- Thin Client Map Technologies: OpenLayers & Common Map API (CMAPI), other technologies that are positives include Cesium, NASA World Wind, Falcon View & Google Earth
- Data formats worked with: GeoTIFF, GRIB (both GRIB1 & GRIB2), NetCDF, KML, KMZ, Terra Scan
- Testing Tools: JUnit, Selenium, Canoo WebTest
Applicable Development Tools
- Jira for issue tracking
- Jenkins for Automated Build
- Maven and Nexus
- Subversion, Git version control
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job) Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact for Federal Flight Deck Officers when they arrive at the training venue; are responsible for checking them in; verifying weapons and credentials; conducting training and overseeing the course of fire at the gun-range. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all personnel on the range and securing SSI and SPII information during and after requalification sessions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact at the training venue for Federal Flight Deck Officers (FFDO) and is the on-site training manager for the program. LFIs conduct all classroom instruction; delivering the approved TSA training and safety brief; introducing and describing new equipment; and ensuring all students understand and sign the safety briefing. The LFI ensures a minimum number of SFIs are present to maintain an instructor/student ratio of 1:6 for each training session. The LFI must ensure a sufficient inventory of training supplies is on-hand at the training venue to support monthly requalification sessions. The LFI is expected to maintain positive control of the training environment from the moment students arrive at the venue to the moment they depart. Upon students? arrival; the LFIs must verify weapons and credentials of each FFDO before training commences by visual inspection. The LFI is responsible for ensuring proper scoring of targets; completion of applicable administrative forms; and collection of training data. The LFI is required sign and certify qualification scores for all FFDOs attempting to qualify. Failure of an FFDO to qualify also means that an authorized FAMS Representative and/or LFI takes custody of the unloaded weapon; transport device (lockbox); credential and other equipment for return to TSA/FAMS. If no authorized FAMS representative is present to receive the equipment; the LFI shall make immediate verbal notification to the FFDO Program Office in order to make the appropriate arrangements to return equipment and credentials. The LFI must keep all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy. The LFI is oversees time keeping of all SFI labor hours. The LFI must comply with internal compliance training events
GDIT is currently seeking a Senior Principal System Administrator to join the Air Operations Center (AOC) Fielding Team on the Long Term Maintenance and Sustainment Contract (LTM&S). The successful candidate will be providing support and assistance with fielding major systems upgrades to the AOC Weapon System configuration. The candidate should have detailed knowledge and experience in the configuration, installation, deployment and maintenance of relevant components in an AOC environment to include but not limited to Windows Server 2008/2012R2, Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), Host Base Security System (HBSS), VMware (VCP), Citrix ZenApp 6.0 and NetScaler. Personnel will be based out of an office in Hampton, VA and will travel to sites located both CONUS and OCONUS. Other duties consist of:
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Required skills/experience: Architect, LAN/Engineering, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, Windows migration to Cloud computing and virtualization, VMWare, SCUM, Microsoft, CONSO, WSUS, ArchServe, Veritas backup.
Extra scrub required
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Required certifications: N/A
Desired Skills: Knowledge of AWS
Desired certifications: N/A
• "Architect" type with LAN/Engineering and Cloud knowledge
• Assess the needs of the group and provide the "Big Picture" plan for current system updates, future upgrades and how to get there
• Identify and define engineering requirements and provide recommendations to management for the overall picture as it relates to corresponding systems architectures across the customer's enterprise
• Engineer, develop, and integrate sustainable IT solutions for mission requirements in the enterprise and standalone environments
• Aid in the development of processes for Windows platform migration to Cloud computing
• Demonstrate knowledge and hands on experience to manage/upgrade server applications/equipment in a Microsoft networked environment; specifically Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 server environments
• Windows platform migration to the cloud computing and virtualization
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
General Dynamics is seeking a professional and highly motived candidate for a Test Automation Engineer position in support of the Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N). Qualified senior level candidates should possess knowledge and experience in design, test automation, and application development. Primary responsibilities and activities will include:
- Ability to work within an AGILE software development and integration environment.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader, participating in special projects as required.
- Manage, automate, and expand local DCGS-N Inc. 2 Test Automation Framework.
- Create and utilize test automation framework for DCGS-N Inc2 Using Selenium, Sikuli, Java, JBehave, TestNG and JRobot to automate functional tests.
- Be proficient in using Java to interface with the Selenium API.
- Be proficient in using Git as a source code repository tool.
- Extensive knowledge using NetBeans or Eclipse for Java development and debugging.
- Define, create, document, verify and execute software test plans.
- Have the flexibility to understand and adapt to sprint timelines working in an independent role while also maintaining the flexibility of performing in a large collaborative environment.
- Have the ability to use a variety of automation tools in provisioning, installation, configuration, and monitoring in support of system architecture design.
Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc.
1. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Primary task is Electrical Inspections and Electrical Training.
2. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
3. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
4. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
5. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
6. Provides quality training.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
8. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Develops QA Workbooks. Computer skills in Work and Excel required.
11. Electrical Cableway and Connector knowledge a must.
12. Willing to become an Instructor in Cableway Inspections and Copper Connector Fabrication.
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job)
The Secondary Firearms Instructor (SFI) supports the Lead Firearms Instructor (LFI) during the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) Requalification Training sessions. The SFI assists the LFI as directed in the preparation; completion; and post session clean-up requirements of all FFDO Semi-annual Firearms Requalification sessions.
Ensures student safety during dry-fire and live-fire training venues.
- The SFI provides one-on-one instruction to students during the pre-qualification (warm-up) course of fire; and any remedial training as designated by the LFI.
- The SFI must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate law enforcement training concepts and issues to a diverse audience; and must possess the demonstrated ability to instruct in accordance with the principles of basic adult education; as well as platform and practical area instruction for law enforcement.
- The SFI must have the ability to interpret; apply; and adhere to established program policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and lesson plans.
- The SFI keeps all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy.
Help Desk Technician
- Respond, track and follow-up to telephone, email and team member requests for support
- The GDIT technician will begin each workday with a review of all open service requests and prioritize based on DoDDS-E mission requirements and Educational Technician feedback.
- These informal meetings will take place on a daily basis to identify open action items, set work priorities, and ensure that the GDIT Team’s immediate goals align with DoDDS-E objectives.
- GDIT Team members will coordinate with staff at the earliest possible time to schedule all future action items. Scheduled outages, system preventative maintenance or any item that requires future coordination will be scheduled in accordance with DoDDS-E mission requirements to ensure disruption of educational activities.
- Enter support requests in tracking system, triage request and coordinate with appropriate Tier 2 support personnel
- Provide support to end users on a variety of issues
- Assist users with all system capabilities such as: office programs, scanning, printing, digital rights management, file recovery,
- Document and track user account creation, termination requests, reset requests, etc
- Assist users with system policies such as: session timeouts, password complexity, and mandatory change policies
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.