Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years that provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., with major offices worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
The SOX/Internal Controls Department supports GDIT compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and conducts financial and operational risk-based internal audits. The Department has a holistic approach to assess risks in order to support strategic decision-making and provide extensive technical control knowledge across the organization.
As a Senior Analyst within GDIT, you will assess controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls. These responsibilities include:
- Implementing and conducting financial systems, and/or operational audits in such areas as internal controls and procedures, time and labor charging, pricing, estimating accounting for unallowable costs, disclosure, and material management accounting
- Documenting and testing business process and IT controls that support key financial operations
- Evaluating control deficiencies, and monitoring remediation actions, timelines, and progress
- Communicating status of initiatives with senior leadership, corporate headquarters, and external auditors
- Reviewing, developing, and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures
- Maintaining current knowledge of laws, regulations, procedures, and policies governing contract compliance and internal auditing
- Performing project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks associated with drafting and design.
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and associated AutoDesk products. Must be able to read and develop shipboard installation drawings and understand the Navy SHIPMAIN process.
13. Maintain configuration control of technical documentation.
14. Develop and submit Liaison Action Records (LARs) and Ship Change Documents (SCDs) as required.
15. Complete knowledge with Government and Commercial Design and Drafting requirements including Drawing Format, Weight Group assignment, General Specifications for Overhaul of Surface Ships and Submarines, Fleet Modernization Program Manual, ANSI/ASME, etc.
16. Prepare and submit estimates for projects requested by Program Managers.
17. Maintain and market department to ensure stability and growth.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
The Network Administrator Sr. - provides support to all Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS), their associated software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as a part of the Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS). Provides reach back support for both fixed and Airborne Mission Network systems for multiple classifications and coordinate their use around the globe.
Functional duties include:
- Install and maintain network systems for multiple classifications on both fixed and Airborne Mission Network C2 systems
- Coordinate with other agencies on integration and configuration of disparate aircraft data system into the Airborne Mission Network Systems
- Monitor network performance and review system and security logs
- Evaluate hardware, software and peripheral equipment for simple and complex networks
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems to ensure quality transmission service
- Implements network policies, procedures, standards, and ensure that security policies are enforced
- Work with other IT professionals to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes
- Act as the technical lead, train and mentor junior network admin staff on duties, technologies, processes and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superb knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, sub-netting, multicast, unicast traffic, routing protocols, and other networking fundamentals Extensive experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routing and switching devices
- Experience and knowledge that demonstrates competency with network design, operational support, hands-on implementation, configuration and trouble-shooting of multiple networking platforms and hardware devices
- Experience and knowledge that demonstrates competency with VoIP, POTS, and Cisco Call Manager
- Experience and knowledge with network management protocols such as SNMPv2c, SNMPv3, and SYSLOG while using tools such as Zabbix and Solarwinds
- Experience and knowledge with DOD STIGS and working with Information Assurance personnel.
- Experience with Airborne Mission Networking
- Experience with various devices such as VPN’s, TACLANES, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, COMSEC fill devices, SATCOM and radio platforms
- Ability to create network diagrams, training outlines, and document processes and procedures
- Ability to work at a high technical level on all phases of network operations and maintenance
- Good communications skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Provide clear and effective direction/training to less experienced staff and/or users
- Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex problem review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Detail-oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols H323/SCCP/RTP/QoS/SRST/MGC/SIP
- Familiarity with mission systems such as: KuSS, TBMCS, GCCS, and TACLAN
- Experience working in a tactical environment, alongside military or DoD personnel
- CCNA R&S and CCNA-Security as a minimum
- In Lieu of CCNA-Security, DoD 8570 IAT-2 or higher compliance required to start (Sec+ CE or higher)
- 5-8 years related IT systems experience
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance to begin work. Exceptions possible for the right candidate with a Secret Clearance
- The work is primarily performed in lab environment with on-aircraft work as required
- Must be able to obtain a passport for OCONUS travel, if required
- Position will require an annual 90-day OCONUS deployment in support of contract initiatives
- Annual 90-day deployment rotations will be to an undisclosed OCONUS location.
- Note: Annual deployment locations may or may not be the same
- Lift over 35 LBS
Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization.
1. Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization, including contracts, facilities planning, finance, logistics, property management, purchasing and/or security.
2. May perform tasks relative to the control of company and/or government property assigned to the organization.
3. May perform facilities planning activities, including coordinating the storage and movement of furniture, systems, and equipment.
4. May maintain financial databases, analyze data, and develop reports.
5. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced administrative staff.
6.Participates in special projects as required.
CAPACITY ANALYST / DATA CENTER ENGINEER
SHAW AFB, SOUTH CAROLINA
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Individual chosen for this role will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participate in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Test designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participate in special projects as required.
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Defines systems objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements.
4. Writes or updates software specifications.
5. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
6. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
7. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
8. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
9. Coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Juniper route/snitch knowledge is preferred.
- Must possess CCNA or equivalent certification with intent to complete Professional level certification within 1st year.
- Must possess Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
- Knowledge and experience of Network Automation using tools such as Ansible playbooks, templates, and python scripting.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
- Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.