Click column header to sort
Customer and Mission:Joint Service Provider (JSP)–The intent of the JSP is to be a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the NCR. By Department of Defense (DoD) Directive, JSP is to be the central source for IT services, and therefore eliminate the requirement for each DoD component to establish, operate and maintain duplicative technology.
This is a great opportunity to affect change by being an integral part of a team of Infrastructure, System, Storage, COOP, Process, Project Management, Cyber Admins and Engineers responsible for providing implementation, monitoring and operations and maintenance of the core enterprise platform services used primarily by the NCR DoD community. You will be providing front seat support with direct impact on the provision of mission operational IT services to tens of thousands of military, government and civilian personnel.
Amongst other mission services the team is responsible for operational server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs). The team also supports an enterprise storage and backup environment, the Pentagon Facilities network, COOP requirements and support to the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS).
Serve as the Senior Level IA Data Analyst/Network System Administrator SME performing as as the knowledge expert of all security related aspects of the JSP computing environment. This SME should have proven experience implementing and maintaining security postures within complex network architectures. This SME must have knowledge and experience with Mongo DB or Cassandra and have expertise leveraging R, Python, and SQL to generate and deploy modeling solutions.
a) Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
b) Knowledge with automation scripting for vulnerability mitigation and repeatable processes.
c) Knowledge of Cyber detections tools, ie., HBSS and ACAS
d) Experience/knowledge of Splunk, Elastic Search, Spark, Hadoop and Kafka.
e) Experience with monitoring, collecting server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic utilizing Splunk, ArcSight, or Elastic Search.
f) Knowledge of the DoD vulnerability scanning requirements utilizing DOD DRSI Standards and Tools.
g) Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts
h) Knowledge of dashboards utilized for delivering technical reports and formal papers on test findings
i) Must have experience in Linux, Windows environment on Server 2008 and higher, VMWare, Citrix, and any other Cloud Services Platform such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Cloud Services.
j) Knowledge of and comprehension on how to implement 8570.01-M./DoD 8140.
k) Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
l) Experience working with large structured, semi-structured or unstructured datasets and transforming and combining those data sets for exploration and modeling.
m) Experience implementing and utilizing predictive analysis and histogram trending in a production setting.
n) Experience with deploying patch and hot-fixed mitigation implementations with deadlines for various Operating System Platforms utilizing tools such as Red Hat Satellite Server, YUM Server, Microsoft SMS, Group Policy, Powershell scripting, Tanium or Puppet.
In general as a SME, serves as a top level technical or functional expert;
- Supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
- Performing highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
- Working with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
- Applying expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
- Performing business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
- Providing guidance and training to less experienced staff.
- Serving as a technical task or project leader.
- Performing supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintainomg current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
- Participating in special projects as required.
A minimum of two years of experience in each of the three following tasks:
(1.) preparing system accreditation documentation required by the Navy and/or DoD.
(2.) evaluating security configurations of systems.
(3.) maintaining security configurations of production, development and test systems by applying and configuring security controls.
Certification requirements: Awarded and current certification(s) sufficient to be designated an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II or higher in accordance with DoD 8570 requirements.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job)
- The Secondary Firearms Instructor (SFI) supports the Lead Firearms Instructor (LFI) during the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) Requalification Training sessions. The SFI assists the LFI as directed in the preparation; completion; and post session clean-up requirements of all FFDO Semi-annual Firearms Requalification sessions.
- Ensures student safety during dry-fire and live-fire training venues.
- The SFI provides one-on-one instruction to students during the pre-qualification (warm-up) course of fire; and any remedial training as designated by the LFI.
- The SFI must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate law enforcement training concepts and issues to a diverse audience; and must possess the demonstrated ability to instruct in accordance with the principles of basic adult education; as well as platform and practical area instruction for law enforcement.
- The SFI must have the ability to interpret; apply; and adhere to established program policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and lesson plans.
- The SFI keeps all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy.
This is for shift work 12 hour shifts 4 days on 4 days off.
- Use SIEM technologies and other native tools to perform the monitoring of security events on a 24x7 basis.
- Perform analysis on logs produced by network devices utilized within the OCC such as firewalls, content filtering, syslog from various sources/devices, assorted Intrusion Detection capabilities, substantiating vulnerability scanner results, directory services, DHCP logs, Secure Email Gateway logs, and approved OCC applications.
- Use the Intel McAfee SIEM to monitor the network and perform analysis, while integrating the results and information needed to proactively protect the OCC enterprise. This includes developing customized signatures, enterprise content filtering, or firewall ACL change recommendations.
- Provide security events analysis and support to include identifying potential threat, anomalies, and infections, documenting findings, providing recommendations within the OCC’s incident management system, performing triage of incoming security events, performing preliminary and secondary analysis of those events, and validating the events
- Perform technical analyses, such as analysis of malicious code, network traffic, web log data, cyber intelligence, hard drives, and other storage and forensics media, to control exploitative activity.
- Manage inbound requests via the OCC ticketing system (Service Now), as well as via telephone calls, and provide security notifications via three methods: logging incident tickets, sending emails, and placing telephone calls
The Desktop Tier 1/ Tier 2 support position requires an experienced detailed oriented Desktop Technician to support various applications and hardware configurations. The successful candidate will communicate with end users at various levels to troubleshoot technical issues. Possess strong troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows 7 environment. Applicant must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Suites, and Symantec Encryption. Experience with Service Now ticketing system is a plus but not mandatory. Must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment! The candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are also a must.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
The purpose of this position is to manage the U.S. State Department’s Consular Affairs Enterprise Infrastructure Operations ( CAEIO ) team that provides mission critical information technology (IT) resources to approximately 250 overseas posts including domestic Passport Agencies, Visa Processing Centers, DoS annexes, and contractor sites. The team also supports approximately 10,000 worldwide clients including 1,200 Consular Affairs customers at locations in the Washington DC National Capitol Region.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on Program Management duties and oversee, among others, the following areas:
- Networks / Firewalls
- Data Center Services
- Windows / Linux Platform Services
- Systems Hosting Support
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate managers.
- Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
- Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
- Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
The Collective Training Specialist- Sustainment is responsible for assisting in the development of Training Circulars; Exercise Directives; and exercise designs of USARC G-37 directed collective training exercises such as Warriors; CSTXs; CPX-Fs; and other Functional exercises; as directed; as a Sustainment functional training expert working in the USARC headquarters.
Coordinates with the appropriate SRC Manager and USARC Exercise Project Officers for proper assignment of units to support exercise events based on doctrinal application of USARC's exercise template. Assists in tasks to design; plan; prepare; coordinate and execute the various exercises and training events conducted by USARC organizations. Researches; identifies; and recommends resources required for task execution and completion. Serves as a technical team or task lead when required. May be tasked to coordinate with or support other X-TSAR Teams by developing theater specific scripting of Master Scenario Events List (MSEL); or simulation control injects that are integrated with and support lanes training; field training exercises; and constructive staff training in a Live-Virtual-Constructive environment.
Conducts in-depth research on theater specific Sustainment related lessons learned and newly developed tactics; techniques and procedures (TTPs) used in the development of MSEL; or simulation control injects that accurately replicates the operational environment that the training is designed to support. Coordinates with designated training unit leaders to assist in the development of both exercise and training objectives to meeting training readiness goals. Assists in MEL Development to ensure these training objectives are properly incorporated into the MEL and overall exercise environment. During event execution may be tasked to serve as a member of the Exercise Control Group in the EXCON Cell; Operations Cell; or Observer/Trainer (Analyst Support) Cell as required. Participates; as directed; in Concept Development Conferences; Initial Planning Conferences; Mid Planning Conferences; Final Planning Conferences; and Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) Conferences to produce exercise control plans and storylines for assigned exercises.
The Collective Training Specialist- Sustainment possesses basic knowledge and experience in all Sustainment related functions and in the training aspects and challenges of Sustainment units. Knowledge includes an understanding of military tactics; current tactics; techniques and procedures (TTPs) and force structure in order to incorporate appropriate Sustainment training with units into the exercise. Understands the development and management of training in Live-Virtual-Constructive environments. Works in a highly intense information technology (IT) environment; and required to maximize the use of Army Battle Command Systems (ABCS); other Battle Command Systems; training aids; devices; simulations and simulators (TADSS); mission specific digital systems/tools; and other available IT assets in the conduct of mission support.
GDIT Monterey is looking for a talented web application developer to work developing solutions for the US Navy in the areas of Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC), Command and Control (C2), and Intelligence.
We have an immediate opening supporting the Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center (FNMOC) “Web Shop” performing Java and Java Script development on Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) that make METOC data available to the US Navy. FNMOC has the job of providing worldwide meteorology and oceanography support to U.S. and coalition forces from their 24X7 Operations Center. We seek engineers with creative problem solving skills. The team utilizes a Scrum Agile and Kanban methodology with a fully automated continuous integration environment with automated nightly builds and automated test runs.
As many of following technological and domain skills as possible are desired:
Tier I Desired Skills
- Java Web Application Development in a LINUX environment (JBoss)
- REST & Restful Services
- RDBMS (PostgresSQL) and related technologies (JPA/Hybernate, etc...), PostgresSQL
- Python Scripting
- Geospatial Information Systems (GIS): GeoServer & GeoTools are used by FNMOC, but any GIS experience is positive (e.g. Degree, ESRI)
Tier II Desired Skills
- Thin Client Map Technologies: OpenLayers & Common Map API (CMAPI), other technologies that are positives include Cesium, NASA World Wind, Falcon View & Google Earth
- Data formats worked with: GeoTIFF, GRIB (both GRIB1 & GRIB2), NetCDF, KML, KMZ, Terra Scan
- Testing Tools: JUnit, Selenium, Canoo WebTest
Applicable Development Tools
- Jira for issue tracking
- Jenkins for Automated Build
- Maven and Nexus
- Subversion, Git version control
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
3. Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
8. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
9. Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. May provide work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Contractual requirements: Four years of Secretarial experience performing the task/duties of an Administrative Assistant or duties of a Secretary III. Ability to collect information and respond to routine inquiries and/or prepare periodic reports/presentations. Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and be able to communicate effectively both orally and through formal reports.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.