Click column header to sort
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job) Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact for Federal Flight Deck Officers when they arrive at the training venue; are responsible for checking them in; verifying weapons and credentials; conducting training and overseeing the course of fire at the gun-range. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all personnel on the range and securing SSI and SPII information during and after requalification sessions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact at the training venue for Federal Flight Deck Officers (FFDO) and is the on-site training manager for the program. LFIs conduct all classroom instruction; delivering the approved TSA training and safety brief; introducing and describing new equipment; and ensuring all students understand and sign the safety briefing. The LFI ensures a minimum number of SFIs are present to maintain an instructor/student ratio of 1:6 for each training session. The LFI must ensure a sufficient inventory of training supplies is on-hand at the training venue to support monthly requalification sessions. The LFI is expected to maintain positive control of the training environment from the moment students arrive at the venue to the moment they depart. Upon students? arrival; the LFIs must verify weapons and credentials of each FFDO before training commences by visual inspection. The LFI is responsible for ensuring proper scoring of targets; completion of applicable administrative forms; and collection of training data. The LFI is required sign and certify qualification scores for all FFDOs attempting to qualify. Failure of an FFDO to qualify also means that an authorized FAMS Representative and/or LFI takes custody of the unloaded weapon; transport device (lockbox); credential and other equipment for return to TSA/FAMS. If no authorized FAMS representative is present to receive the equipment; the LFI shall make immediate verbal notification to the FFDO Program Office in order to make the appropriate arrangements to return equipment and credentials. The LFI must keep all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy. The LFI is oversees time keeping of all SFI labor hours. The LFI must comply with internal compliance training events
Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration, and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs, and systems
The incumbent will be responsible for providing system configuration, build, deployment, installation, and operations and maintenance support to various customer unique communication systems.
This individual must have a strong working knowledge of network engineering principles (Cisco Routers, Switches, ASA, Call Manager Express, etc.) and be able to apply that knowledge in the customer’s environment to integrate, configure, and troubleshoot equipment. Experience in Windows Administration and in running and terminating fiber is a plus.
The incumbent must able to travel to CONUS/OCONUS locations as required. This position requires up to 40% travel (travel to conflict zones may be required).
The home-base for this position is at the customer site in Herndon, VA.
The incumbent will support the customer's system build, test, and deploy requirements. On-site build and test activities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of the customer’s communication packages under customer procurement efforts.
- Uncrating, set-up, and build-out of new systems
- Hardware, software, and network configuration and customization of systems
- System integration and testing
- Pack-out and shipment of the complete systems
- Removal and appropriate disposal of any old or excess communications and computer equipment, hard drives, memory, and video cards
- Preparation of customer documentation
- Conduct site surveys as needed prior to installation
- Drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Training of onsite customer personnel on developed and installed systems
- Test, inspection, verification of all customer communication systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core hrs 8-5, no flex schedule. Primary calendar support for Chief and Deputy Chief in FO environment, monitor phones and daily communications, disseminate messages and track actions, proactively organize, prepare and disseminate approved administrative paperwork. Travel arrangements, planning meetings and events, compile and document status reports. Editing, Proofreading, maintain databases, spreadsheets and website management. Thorough knowledge and use of MS Office and customer systems with excellent communications skills
Ideal candidate is a self starter who is able to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision. Should be able to work well under pressure, show initiative and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Should have the ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making as well as discretion and effective written and oral communication skills is required. Will perform registrar function, provide administrative support in training environment. Assist in distributing course materials and creating and processing course credits for all students. Will provide VIP visitor support. Proven ability to focus on detail and respond quickly/accurately to requests and changing requirements. Experience with and considerable knowledge of Word, Excel and customer training, supply and communication systems.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
- Answer routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
- Greet and escort visitors
- Retrieve; sort; and distribute incoming mail; newspapers; faxes; and other publications/documents
- Arrange for the delivery of outgoing mail/packages with the mailroom
- Prepare travel/training arrangements and process travel/training accounting/vouchers for the program office
- Draft; proofread; edit and coordinate correspondence
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
- Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Participate in meetings and events: may serve as recorder and may present position-related information
- Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
- Assist in ordering supplies/equipment and arranging for office equipment repairs
- Perform administrative back up support for other offices
- Recommend innovative processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the office
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Prepare routine status reports and track office-related metrics
- Manage routine website content updates and coordinate more complex website changes with webmaster
- Coordinate scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Attend meetings; events; and forums
- Assist in maintaining inventories; records; and receipts
- Coordinate office renovations and relocation activities
- Support TIER actions; assign actions to the appropriate divisions or branches; follow up on actions; coordinate responses in a non-conflicted manner for senior management review; provide status reports; and participate at customer-wide TIER meetings
- Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
- Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
- Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
- Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
- Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
- Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- May provide work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Provides 5th Generation Fighter expertise and experience to provide advanced staff support to A5T programs. The contractor shall perform the following tasks:
- Assist in developing, refining, and producing life cycle management plans in support of integrating DMO systems with the 5th Generation Fighters Mission Training Centers (MTCs)
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of M&S, DMO, and LVC concepts to provide technical and analytical assistance in the development, validation, and coordination of various 5th Generation Fighters DMO capability requirements documents in accordance with applicable instructions
- Assist integration of CAF DMO capability requirements into the 5th Generation Fighter’s MTC programs
- Assist with consolidating and submitting both existing and new requirements for annual Budget Estimate Submissions/Amended Budget Estimate Submissions (BES/ABES) and annual Program Objective Memorandum (POM) submissions to ACC/A5TN
- Provide 5th Generation Fighters training advice on operational, logistical, and technical issues, transition strategy, project, schedules, programs, plans and other time-sensitive documents
- Assist HQ ACC/A5T in collaboration and interface with Functional Area Managers to develop 5th Generation Fighters training device requirements, resolution of training issues and shortfalls, and provide recommendations and guidance for simulator enhancements to support RAP training
- Assist HQ ACC/A5T in collaboration and interfaces with the 5th Generation Fighter’s SPO to ensure successful simulator upgrades and enhancements programs
- Assist in the development, validation, and coordination of varied requirements documents including but not limited to AF Forms 1067, Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD), Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents (CPD), and Capstone Requirements Documents (CRD)
- Provide briefings, Bullet Background Papers (BBP), Technical Reports as requested by the government
General Dynamics is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to be part of a dynamic team supporting US Army Intelligence & Security Command (INSCOM) customers at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait on the I2TS3 contract, supporting US Army Intelligence Command.
This position provides IT support to systems on multiple networks including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all assigned client, server/storage, and/or network systems. Prior experience in SWA a plus.
TS/SCI required at time of hire.
Must hold current, DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline and appropriate computing environment certifications at time of hire and have at least 3 years remaining on a valid US Passport.
Must be willing to live & work in the State of Kuwait or forward deploy to austere locations as directed, and follow all corporate and local site policies and host nation laws.
Provide polite and friendly customer service at all times, attempt to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, and efficiently escalate incidents to higher tiers of service when required
Tasks include but are not limited to:
In & Out process users, including account requests, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers, etc
Execute basic to advanced systems administration tasks, including Active Directory management, storage management, NTFS and file share permissions, server installation, operation, maintenance, etc.
Install/load hardware & software for client/ server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment and provide problem isolation, identification, diagnosis and resolution to HW & SW issues on all assigned equipment
Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
Manage IT system infrastructure and any related processes; complete infrastructure work as directed (running cable (fiber and copper), cable management deskside, in comms closets, and in server rooms, etc)
Track hardware and software from assigned areas in Army System Integration Database (ASID)
Provide PKI Trusted Agent and related services
Support the unit COMSEC program, including configuration of encryption devices and program management
Support cybersecurity efforts, including Incident Response and Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes, secure system configurations (STIG) and/or apply patches and updates to all assigned systems
Support the service desk as needed and directed
Document all work, incident status and solutions in incident database tools such as Remedy as directed, ensures completeness and accuracy of tickets, and escalate issues as need
Teach, train, mentor junior team members through sharing of technical expertise and/or experience.
Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead,
including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements
Required Minimum Qualifications at Time of Hire:
ESITE Level 2: High School Diploma and 8 years of applicable experience, or an Associate’s Degree and 6 years experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years experience.
One of the following IAT II baseline certs (or higher): Security+|ce, CCNA: Security, SSCP
One of the following Computing Environment certs (or higher): MCTS (Exam 70-411); MCSA: Server 2012; Server+
Requires active TOP SECRET clearance with immediate eligibility for SCI access
Work is 12‐hours per day, 7 days a week, and is subject to Kuwaiti Labor Law
Position is on‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays, and may also include night‐shift work
Position requires processing CRC and be required to pass medical screening and be designated “fit for deployment.” (http://www.bliss.army.mil/CRC/contractor_dep_BCO.html)
Position requires additional medical testing to obtain Kuwaiti Work Visa and Residency
Unaccompanied positions includes off‐post housing and shared vehicle provided by contract; however, future operational requirements may dictate assignment and further deployment to austere locations as needed
• Review storage requirements to ensure that the infrastructure supports growth, archive and performance requirements for all supported applications
• Design and document enterprise storage backup solutions, leveraging the appropriate mix of proven and edge technologies for example: Tivoli, NetBackup, StoreNext and SteelStore
• Use knowledge of firewall concepts, resource management and capacity planning to design develop and implement enterprise and mission oriented storage solutions
• Recommend and utilize cloud technologies where appropriate
• Manage fiber channel switches, which include conducting health checks and preventive maintenance
• Ensure arrays have the latest approved firmware and software installed
• Participate in governance boards and ensure actions are completed in a timely fashion
• May require rotating pager duty
• Perform daily file system maintenance
• Work with infrastructure engineers, O&M peers and development teams to support the customer
Required skills/experience: Storage engineering and design, to include developing and implementing enterprise and mission storage solutions; in depth knowledge and experience designing and documenting enterprise storage backup solutions to include: Tivoli, NetBackup, StoreNext and SteelStore; in depth knowledge of storage principles, to include types of storage, RAID types, network storage types and best practices for when to use each type
Desired skills/experience: Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with LUN migrations between and within arrays; knowledge of firewall concepts, including host-based firewalls; must understand storage concepts including NFS, iSCSI, fiber channel storage for vSphere; resource management and capacity planning; experience working with SAN fabrics; experience working in a data center environment
See SCA Directory of Occupations
• Dissemble and inspection of all property to ensure that no sensitive materials remain • Ability to use hand tools and/or equipment. Able to lift a minimum of 70lbs • Willing to obtain a forklift certification within 45 days of employment • Safely transport various material sizes and weights • Will sort, stage, or store materials accordingly to the next or final destination.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Software/Web Developer (L3)
Location: Charlottesville, VA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Software/Web Developer:
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
- Integrates new software and web products with existing software and web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the system
- Possesses knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in web software development
- Requires a proficiency in the use of one or more web technologies
- Works independently on more complex projects
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in web software development and design
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Candidates must be willing to travel to support the mission
Sr. Information Security Analyst (A&A)
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
- Performs Cybersecurity activities (formally known as IA - Information Assurance) for a large Program; coordinates with government Program staff, USAF, and other government agencies to assist in the creation, dissemination, direction, and auditing of program policy, standards, and operating procedures.
- Utilize available resources to conduct Cybersecurity activities, and report to senior GDIT and government personnel on overall program security posture.
- Conduct network and system audits for vulnerabilities using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), ACAS vulnerability scanner, and DISA SCAP to mitigate those findings for Solaris, Linux, Windows, and associated network operating systems.
- Ability to create, track and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct solution identification to assist in problem remediation and resolution.
- Communicate tactical and strategic threat information to Government leaders, Cybersecurity-Ops and A&A (formerly C&A) Staff to assist them in making cyber risk decisions and to mitigate threats.
- Carries out DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoDi 8510 to ascertain information systems' security posture by utilizing security control validation activities and coordinating security testing.
- Experience utilizing Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances, HBSS, ACAS)
- Expertise in the following concepts is also desired for the successful candidate: DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
- Working Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX/Windows/Networking/Database (MS-Access, MS T-SQL and Oracle).
- The ability to work and set priorities on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Maintain the Security Accreditation status, including system documentation of multiple DoD classified networks and interconnected systems
- Coordinates with OUSDI, USAF, DISA, and other organizations in support of audits and inspections and provides all necessary documentation as required for SAVs, ST&Es, and CCRI 13. Participates in special projects as required.
- IAM Level II required in accordance with DOD 8570.1M
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.