Click column header to sort
Performs financial analysis and reporting in order to monitor finances associated with business operations
- Supports/Administers/Configures a network environment such as servers, routers, switches, circuits, firewalls, wireless, intrusion prevention devices,
- Able to implement/support/monitor/troubleshoot/rectify network issues on a physical and/ or virtual network a they
- Possesses an understanding on how to manage group policies, local security policies, and government standards for: Creating, modifying, and removing user accounts
- Manages the functionalities and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating
- Reports status and discrepancies as they are observed in system performance in a clear, concise and complete manner,
- Analyzes, interprets and refines IT related requests to assure understanding of assignment(s)
- Collaborates with the E2 team when additional information is needed to perform root cause analysis.
- Supports the E2 team with the validation and verification of new software builds during installs, assists with troubleshooting and documenting on the spot fixes to remedy issues post
- Using a solution-oriented approach, suggest and champion system enhancements and/or workarounds to the factory baseline to improve system reliability and
- Will be required to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid
- Performs daily system monitoring to maintain a high state of
- Write and/or review system Operational Procedures and system documentation. Change to Support the review and updating of Program operational procedures, as required
- Participates in special projects as required.
General Dynamics Information Technology – Federal Civilian Division is looking for a Software System Engineer/Biomedical Engineer to join our team to support the United States Army Medical Material Development Activity (USAMMDA). This position is based in Ft. Detrick – Frederick, Maryland. The Senior Software System Engineer provides expertise to support of the following tasks in the assigned product in support of the Warfighter Health, Performance and Evacuation (WHPE) Product Management Organization (PMO).
· For all identified medical information and acquisition devices, conduct a systems analysis to include communications interface, data modeling, systems security, information assurance, patient privacy, and program assessment to support integration planning and systems program management.
· Develop documentation and implementing systems engineering, acquisition, and support strategies for assigned information technology tele-medicine, and MEDEVAC medical equipment products.
· Develop systems engineering, program, and acquisition documentation in support of major acquisition decisions for assigned information technology tele-medicine, and MEDEVAC medical equipment products, as required.
· Develop and implement a system engineering management process to guide the development and management of a requirements-driven architecture through the entire system engineering life cycle for assigned information technology tele-medicine, and MEDEVAC medical equipment products.
· Develop and manage a test program that is consistent and aligns with the Program-wide Test and Evaluation Master Plan for assigned information technology tele-medicine, and MEDEVAC medical equipment products.
· Compile and document plans, processes, test objectives, test results, and other documentation as required for assigned information technology tele-medicine, and MEDEVAC medical equipment products.
· Coordinate with required external program offices, to include but not limited to, Telemedicine Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC), Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care (MC4), United States Army Medical Information Technology Center (USAMITC), and Defense Health Information Management System (DHIMS) to establish required systems integration, communication and security between all key components and sub-components.
· Manage configuration control, ensure successful integration and interoperability, and champion lifecycle management of the tele-medicine and MEDEVAC medical equipment products by building integrated product team partnerships with other DoD organizations.
· Participate in the engineering requirements generation process with the Army Medical Department Center and School (AMEDD C&S), Health Readiness Center of Excellence (HRCoE), Capability Development Integration Directorate (CDID) for assigned information technology tele-medicine, and MEDEVAC medical equipment products, as required.
· Conduct internal project requirements analysis for assigned information technology tele-medicine, and MEDEVAC medical equipment products to derive lower level requirements and system specifications with traceability from system specifications, through lower-level requirements, to the end user requirements represented in the CDID published requirements.
· Perform logistical analysis and analyze materiel fielding as part of medical logistics project management.
· Develop and implement the logistical strategic planning process for the provisioning of the subsystems that make up the Mission Equipment (ME).
· Provide direct support of uniformed soldiers during test, evaluation, training exercises and warfighter assessments. This includes all levels of review and oversight of tele-medicine, and MEDEVAC medical equipment and other supported systems on the ground and in the air.
· Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the of the USARCENT Help Desk operations located at Patton Hall.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and provide courteous customer service.
- Will receive trouble requests via walk-ups, calls, or through email and enter requests into a trouble ticket tracking system
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills for Microsoft Operating systems and software
- Ability to support ARMY desktop and laptop system images
- Provide support and training to end users located in Patton Hall
- Must be able to configure, workstations, docking stations, printers, monitors, zero client hardware, VoIP/VoSIP telephones, Audio/Video controls, external CAC readers etc.
- Will perform duties as a Trusted Agent for issuing SIPRNET PKI Tokens
- Will provide technical managerial support for the USARCENT Defense Enterprise Provisioning Online (DEPO) enterprise email support for users NIPRNET and SIPRNET accounts.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Backup Recovery Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
Role and Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- The Backup Recovery Administrator performs daily operations in a Dell EMC Avamar and Dell EMC Data Domain environment to backup, recover and archive USPS information and requires interaction with other USPS organizations and individuals to identify incidents, diagnose and resolve problems, and assist with storage usage and features.
- Must carry a pager and be on call. May be required to support different shifts to enable weekend support.
- This position is dedicated to the ECS DMS Data Protection team to perform all activities associated with managing, supporting and troubleshooting backup, recovery and archiving in a large, complex and widely distributed environment.
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup solution implemented within the USPS infrastructure.
- Monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
- Provide status and progress reports for backup environment related activities and tasks,
- Perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with USPS and DMS policy and procedures.
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of Avamar and Data Domain solutions currently installed within the USPS infrastructure; provide technical expertise to resolve escalated issues; maintain archives in accordance with USPS and DMS policy and procedures; perform planning, testing, implementing and deploying new backup products and maintaining existing solutions, e.g., upgrading and patching.
- Ensure environment and software compatibility of Avamar and Data Domain solutions to be installed, implemented, and integrated with the existing environment.
- Provide action items and next steps for backup solutions projects.
- Identify and manage support issues; coordinate communications between various USPS operations groups and DELL EMC customer support staff to resolve complex issues.
- Create and update documentation for backup procedures, solutions, licensing and applicable project artifacts.
- Provide technical expertise through discussions and demonstrations,
- Provide periodic, informal, on-site knowledge transfer, as needed to other Data Protection group members and to designated USPS employees covering the management, normal operation, and maintenance of the backup infrastructure.
Please Note: We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
The Quality Assurance Manager maintains, improves and assures the quality of service provided to mission critical information technology (IT) resources for the U.S. State Department’s Consular Affairs Enterprise Infrastructure Operations (CAEIO) team responsible for approximately 250 overseas posts including domestic Passport Agencies, Visa Processing Centers, DoS annexes, and contractor sites. The team also supports approximately 10,000 worldwide clients including 1,200 Consular Affairs customers at locations in the Washington DC National Capitol Region.
The CAEIO program will provide enterprise IT support to include: program management; administration support including inventory management and IT acquisitions support; operations engineering and implementation; operations and maintenance, including Service Desk support and infrastructure, applications and database support; onsite systems administration and hardware support/maintenance at domestic consular offices; enterprise operations monitoring; cyber security operations; and disaster recovery support.
Specific responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager include:
- Maintain the contract’s Quality Management Plan in accordance with the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) using industry best practices.
- Apply quality control principles to establish and maintain processes for evaluating deliverables and associated documentation.
- Perform daily oversight of support staff for all quality functions.
- Verify products & services delivered align with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) standards and Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL)
- Work with project teams to close out identified gaps and non-conformances.
- Create and maintain various reports (e.g., program reviews, metrics reports, status reports, audit reports, schedules, etc.).
- Direct product & service delivery improvement activities
- Monitor quality metrics and key performance indicators and makes recommendations for continued service improvement.
- Identify trends, positive actions, & deficiencies
- Report and Escalate quality inspection findings and quality metrics to management team.
- Prior knowledge with Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Network Switches, and patch panels, voice technologies, Microsoft Project, ESMT
- Knowledge of priciples & processes for providing customer & personal services (customer need assessment, meeting quality standards for services, evaluation of customer satisfaction)
- Critical Thinking, Judgment & Decision Making, Coordination, Monitoring/Assessing
- Ability to interface w/ individuals at all levels verbally or in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- PMP certification Desired
Senior WebSphere Administrator
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a Senior WebSphere Administrator. The successful candidate will maintain application hosting environment at various data centers and provide hosting services to approximately 300 applications and systems, both internally and externally facing. As a part of the middleware group the individual will be responsible for maintaining and securing the WebSphere application server environment. The successful candidate must have strong working knowledge and hands-on support experience with Microsoft Windows and UNIX/Linux server operating systems; must lead the development, review and approval of standards and procedures, both operational and functional; and may be required to support different shifts to enable 24x7 support. Must carry a pager and be on call. Limited travel may be required.
This Sr. WebSphere Administrator is a key member of a dedicated Middleware team to perform all activities associated with managing, supporting and troubleshooting a large, complex and widely distributed environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report directly to the Middleware manager.
- Maintain and ensure availability and capacity of Middleware AppServer products and services and support client applications in a large and complex environment.
- Work independently or semi-independently with limited guidance or direction.
- Provide technical leadership in the development efforts that may span multiple USPS and contractor teams.
- Plan and implement the Middleware AppServer environment for all stages of development as well as production.
- Install, support, maintain and upgrade Middleware AppServer products and services.
- Develop and maintain project plans in accordance with client standards.
- Develop, document, and implement procedures that support, maintain and enhance the Middleware AppServer environment.
- Interact with other Postal organizations and individuals, such as developers and end users, to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Diagnose and resolve complex problems in the Middleware AppServer environments.
- Develop growth plans to ensure that the hosting environment is capable of supporting the projected growth.
- Serve as the escalation point for all issues not resolved by the other support staff.
- Develop and implement procedures that support proactive problem detection and avoidance, including disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Balance hardware, network, software and architecture issues to arrive at a scalable and maintainable solution that meets client requirements for uptime, performance and functionality. Also recommend solutions and alternatives.
- Perform logical and physical appserver design (HA, multi-jvm, and multi-cell).
- Ensure all changes are documented and develop Quality Assurance plans and procedures.
- Perform SSL Certificate management.
- Research new and developing technology and their applicability to the USPS environment.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
Resource Manager Purpose:
This position is manages the staffing for the U.S. State Department’s Consular Affairs Enterprise Infrastructure Operations ( CAEIO ) team that provides mission critical information technology (IT) resources to approximately 250 overseas posts including domestic Passport Agencies, Visa Processing Centers, DoS annexes, and contractor sites. The team also supports approximately 10,000 worldwide clients including 1,200 Consular Affairs customers at locations in the Washington DC National Capitol Region.
Provide enterprise IT support to include: program management; administration support including inventory management and IT acquisitions support; operations engineering and implementation; operations and maintenance, including Service Desk support and infrastructure, applications and database support; onsite systems administration and hardware support/maintenance at domestic consular offices; enterprise operations monitoring; cyber security operations; and disaster recovery support
The Resource Manager performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of the CAEIO program to include:
- Serves as the Resource Manager and Operations Lead for contract effort and related task orders
- Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a multitude of contracts within a business area.
- Maintains staffing metrics for program, and provides weekly updates to management to include vacancies, hires, labor categories, resignations, removals and other staffing data.
- Participates in weekly staffing meetings, assigns priorities to the recruiting team and other staff.
- Schedules regular meetings with program managers to triage staffing needs for their programs.
- Serves as a liaison between the recruiting team and program management team.
- Manages staffing processes within the human capital database, and create requisitions as needed to appropriately staff the program.
- Collaborates and works closely with other functions to include Contracts, Subcontracts, Security, Human Resources and Finance.
- Schedules regular meetings with project managers to triage staffing needs for their projects.
- Drives business operations by monitoring the progress of projects, tasks, requisitions, offers, proposals etc.
- Ensures ePMO tool is accurate and up to date.
- Creates staffing matrices and builds resumes for proposal efforts as assigned.
- Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- Coordinate development of staffing deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality of staffing product deliverables.
- Participates in special projects as required
Core hours 0900-1500. Dock Operations. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining audit-ready documentation for all transactions made through procurements, transfers or property turn-ins. Candidate will assist in the preparation and generation of annual/weekly reports, resolve discrepancies and conduct full inventories of respective equipment. Responsible for the unloading and uploading of material, reviewing manifest, packing list and other documentation to ensure material is correctly addressed, labeled and that the correct number of boxes are received. Responsible for safely moving material and/or upload trucks by hand or by using handling equipment in a warehouse environment (i.e. forklifts or pallet jacks) in accordance with safety requirements and procedures. The selected candidate should be able to obtain a considerable amount of knowledge of sponsor office and logistics policies and regulations that pertain to storage, shipping, and handling of materials (to include specialized materials such as weapons, ammunition, and HAZMAT). Must be detail orientated and validate all shipping order numbers, piece counts and serial numbers for accurate record keeping and verification purposes.
Core hours: 0900-1500. The candidate is the front lines of the property turn-in center. All day activities will include coordinating, receiving, documenting and customer interactions. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining audit-ready documentation for all transactions made through procurements, transfers or property turn-ins. Candidate will assist in the preparation and generation of annual/weekly reports, resolve discrepancies and conduct full inventories of respective equipment. The selected candidate will be responsible for determining disposition of property turn-in materials for re-use, destruction, or recycling. Responsible for the unloading and uploading of material, reviewing manifest, packing list and other documentation to ensure material is correctly addressed, labeled and that the correct number of boxes are received. Responsible for safely moving material and/or upload trucks by hand or by using handling equipment in a warehouse environment (i.e. forklifts or pallet jacks) in accordance with safety requirements and procedures. Must be detail orientated and validate all shipping order numbers, piece counts and serial numbers for accurate record keeping and verification purposes.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.