Click column header to sort
Provide technical support for the following equipment: ISNS: AN/USQ-153C(V) and .
1. Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Logistics Operations, including warehousing, receiving, inventory control, receipt control, requisitioning, and customer service.
Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests various types of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
9. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibility.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Experience with any or all of the following systems: Classic Troll/ISCRS, SANDDAB, Cluster Snoop, Ruthless Raven.
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Help Desk Technician that is able to work independently – please read below!
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
9. Analyzes customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Member of the system administration team for a major DOD enterprise network. Actively monitors operational condition of all systems. Performs system operations and maintenance functions.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Customer and Mission: Joint Service Provider (JSP)–The intent of the JSP is to be a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the NCR. By Department of Defense (DoD) Directive, JSP is to be the central source for IT services, and therefore eliminate the requirement for each DoD component to establish, operate and maintain duplicative technology.
This is a great opportunity to affect change by being an integral part of a team of Infrastructure, System, Storage, COOP, Process, Project Management, Cyber Admins and Engineers responsible for providing implementation, monitoring and operations and maintenance of the core enterprise platform services used primarily by the NCR DoD community. You will be providing front seat support with direct impact on the provision of mission operational IT services to tens of thousands of military, government and civilian personnel.
Amongst other mission services the team is responsible for operational server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs). The team also supports an enterprise storage and backup environment, the Pentagon Facilities network, COOP requirements and support to the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS).
The Resource Manager provides support to the Program Management Office (PMO) performing the following functions:
- Collaborates with Resource Managers, Recruiters, Service Delivery Directors, Task Managers and Subcontractors to drive all recruiting efforts across multiple work site locations throughout the NCR, Hampton Roads and supporting sites.
Routine duties include:
- Define vacancy requirements and required skills based on work to be performed as outlined within the contract’s Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Post vacancies for advertisement.
- Perform resume reviews for skills, experience, contract fit.
- Maintain a tracker of candidates screened, interviewed and disposition status.
- Coordinate with task managers to schedule candidate interviews and complete follow ups to expedite recruiting processes.
- Meet with budget control to determine budget for salary offerings.
- Facilitate submission of offer requests to extend employment offers and support negotiation of counter offers.
- Coordinate with facility security officer for security clearances and visit authorization requests in accordance with customer requirements and regulations.
- Ensure candidates possess the required IT certifications.
- Coordinate with subcontractors when hiring subs/Contract Labor Associates.
- Coordinate with task managers and candidates regarding pre-employment activities and first day reporting to include but not limited to First Day Reporting instructions, approvals and actions.
- Performs a variety of complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced employees.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a variety of projects.
Applies process improvement, reengineering methodologies, and best practice principles to design and implement process modernization and improvements.
Assists with analysis, evaluation, and assessment leading to development of recommendations for system and process improvements, optimization, development, and/or operations sustainment efforts for IT systems, software, and processes.
Coordinates and manages analysis evaluations and quality assessments for proper implementation of programs, systems specifications, and quality standards.
Establishes performance measures, monitors and analyzes performance metrics to identify and implement performance based improvements.
Works closely with senior engineers/specialists or task leads
1. Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
2. Performs technical assessments aimed at improving client systems.
3. Performs functional allocations to identify tasks and their inter-relationships.
4. Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
5. Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
6. Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs.
7. Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
8. Generates recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other major documents provided to senior level client personnel.
9. Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects.
10. Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
11. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
12. Directs functional testing of various systems.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Serves as technical team or task lead.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Performs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients' functional requirements.
4. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Analyzes research & development plans.
6. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and/or engineering support staff.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Develops and implements system improvements, processes, and procedures and training necessary to manage and protect government and corporate property investments; supervises assigned staff.
1. Manages the company's Property Management function, providing supervision to assigned staff.
2. Ensures that a government approved property management system is established and maintained.
3. Verifies the integrity of government and corporate property accountability systems to manage the risk associated with loss, damage, and destruction of property.
4. Ensures property transactions are properly authorized.
5. Provides guidance and training to assigned staff and other corporate personnel on matters relating to property management.
6. Ensures timely receipt, acquisition, identification, documentation, maintenance, inventory, movement, and storage of property.
7. Ensures proper disposition of obsolete and excess assets.
8. Oversees the taking of physical inventories, and provides a quarterly inventory report.
9. Ensures that periodic reviews are completed to verify that appropriate custodial organizations properly maintain and use property, and that records are properly maintained.
10. Completes necessary reporting documents for government property, including property tax submissions, and maintaining an audit trail for all property transactions.
11. Initiates procurement of supplies and custom items through customer procurement mechanisms.
12. Properly handle the receipt of disposal of HAZMAT and hazardous waste according to EPA regulations.
13. Ensures successful passing of government property audits.
14. Ensures that a cost effective system for reutilization of property is in place.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides troubleshooting and support.
- Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
- Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
The successful candidate will develop unique and security customer information systems that communicate between world-wide sites with operational stability, integrity, security, and efficiency. The candidate must have experience designing adn managing secure information systems and performing engineering level analysis of operational systems.
He or she will support the requirements, design and development, functional testing, and deployment of specialized applications for secure end-to-end telecommunication systems. Capable of developing custom scripts using Linux Shells, Python, PERL, and/or C++ for managing server logs, traffic routing controls, backing up systems, and monitoring server health. This individual will be responsible for developing custom communications between laptops/workstations and routers/switches/firewalls which are operationally focused to meet both quick reaction and strategic changes to customer mission objectives. There are minimal (1 to 2 annual) requirements to travel CONUS/OCONUS. Understanding and developing O&M requirements into new systems to allow for maintaining custom system(s) with current security patches and up-to-date operating systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Designing and developing customer systems to meet cyber security requirements on various platforms to include : Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, and/or RHEL, Python scripting, Linux kernel development especially in networking and packet filtering, user account management, managing Linux images, and networking with Windows.
3. Demonstrated experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
4. Demonstrated experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software mangagement best practices.
5. Strong understanding of firewalls and server configurations to minimize exposure to any vulnerabilities and block known bad IP addresses, ports, host names, adn files.
6. Understanding user accounts and data access controls with Active Directory Services.
7. Established LDAP for managing user credentials and groups, and integrated applications on standalone systems.
8. Experience with anti-virus scanning and updates.
9. Thorough understanding of TCP/IP.
10. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSec tunneling from Linux servers to other networking devices.
11. Encrypting all transmissions with SSL and VPN protocols.
12. Ability to set-up/configure servers with HTTPS certificates for secure websites.
13. Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
14. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and performace tuning skills.
15. Ability to follow good engineering and programming practices.
16. Ability to communicate effectively with peers and support staff to highlight and clarify software and system design elements.
17. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
18. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
19. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
20. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
21. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
22. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
23. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
24. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
25. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
26. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
27. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
28. Participates in special projects as required.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.