Click column header to sort
This is a highly technical position and is responsible for the Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Content Management (MCM) Services along with the administration of enterprise mobile devices in a global 24x7x365 enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, and delivering unparalleled customer service.
The position plays a vital role in standing up and delivering a resilient mobility device management strategy in support of a critical customer. In this capacity, personnel will oversee MDM and MCM services. Position will provide system configuration management, maintenance and support the expansion of the mobile device management services and serve a direct role in all aspects of supporting user services in a growing and expanding services environment. The candidate will establishes service delivery standards, assist in the development of policies and procedures, and automation of MDM services that enforce security protocols; keeps teams and customers abreast of latest trends in mobile device technologies. Enterprise mobile devices include: smartphones, tablets and potentially computers and may incorporate other mobile technologies and tools that are primarily used outside of the office and are often used to connect to the organization's wide area network (WAN) and other networks as may be required. This work is provided in support a critical customer with a global support requirement.
Candidate will oversee and directly support Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Content Management (MCM) services providing device provisioning and profile management to oversee global enterprise services. Additional duties include;
- Performs a full spectrum of duties to enable and support enterprise mobile devices in a large-scale end-user device environment.
- Leads a team in the delivery of MDM and MCM services
- Manages, troubleshoots and administers mobile devices management services providing access to mobile device applications and mobile device services with emphasis on provisioning.
- Maintains configuration management of approved device baselines.
- Ensures security of mobile devices by controlling settings in MDM administration consoles
- Maintains device and software inventory and ensures licensing compliance using automated MDM tools and features
- Provides Tier-2 support to resolve user reported issues or escalates to Tier-3 support teams
- Analyzes, isolates and resolves customer/user issues
- Performs proactive monitoring, configuration management and fault resolution if/when required, managing the efficient operation of MDM/MCM services
- Interacting with customers on support issues
- Works with Tier 2, 3 and 4 resources as required
- Maintains procedures, checklists detailing steps to be taken and expected outcomes to deliver MDM and MCM services
- Supports development of policies and procedures for managing device configuration, implements and manages the enterprise configuration management processes while employing and overseeing mobile device management technologies and services
- Provides 24/7 on-call support as needed
- Supports end-user device software installation, configuration, and administration services and support functions, if required
- Applies configuration management, operations management, and security technologies in support of mobility services
- Configures and manages MDM services to manage MDM devices, including smartphones and tablets, and other devices
- Provides recommendations for technology infusion and mobile device management technology upgrades
- Assists team members with a variety of technologies including providing training as required to team members and end-users
- Participates in daily operations and may act as a backup for peers
- Will support technology evolution, integration, testing and services piloting activities; may provide support to special projects
- Documents the enterprise mobile device environment and develops related documents and artifacts as needed
Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc.
1. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
2. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
3. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
4. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
5. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
6. Provides quality training.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
8. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. This is a 2nd Shift position working in the Fabrication Shop.
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Rotating Shiftwork is Required
NOTE: The current UAS Systems and associated courses are continually evolving with the fielding of new equipment and procedures. This evolution process is anticipated to continue during the life of this UAS IMS contract and could potentially impact some of these requirements in the future.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: Assist in the revision of and preparation of course of instruction materials based on subject-matter knowledge and research to include lesson plans, course manuals, background materials, workbooks, handouts, course assessment forms, study guides, and training aids. Identify TRADOC Programs of Instruction (POI) issues which require corrective action and refer the issue to the Government Course Manager for disposition/corrective action. Core requirements include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Conduct UAS instruction using lesson plans and material provided by the Government IAW applicable regulations.
- Test/re-test student(s) in accordance with Government-provided references, procedures and forms.
- Grade students' work in accordance with Government-provided references, procedures, and forms.
- May provide administrative feedback on students' academic performance verbally and in writing.
- Conduct study halls for students that fail to meet course standards.
- Maintain proficiency and currency to the specified standards in primary aircraft IAW requirements in DCMA 8210.1/AR 95-20 Contractor Flight and Ground Operations as well as in course doctrine and equipment.
- Provide training utilizing forums such as formal classroom training courses, flight simulators, course facilitation, on-line facilitation.
General Dynamics IT is currently seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to provide system administration to high priority infrastructure/systems, servers and applications running a variety of operating systems/applications to include Red Hat 6.x and Red Hat 7.x, VMware and Active Directory.
We’re seeking a motivated and energetic System Administrator to join our superb team of IT professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to excel and help guide our development team to success. Work will include development, installation, configuration, maintenance, and urgent troubleshooting efforts. Candidate will be able to perform administration and maintenance of infrastructure/systems/desktops and perform planning, coordination, and execution of operating system installations and upgrades as well as patches, and service pack releases. Install and configure systems, servers, workstations and peripherals. Respond to all system administration related work requests, including working with system maintainers, system engineering analysis, and integration efforts. Maintain and update standards documentation.
- Design and maintain the 24x7 UNIX/Linux server infrastructures that support Navy mission critical web-based applications.
- Maintain the UNIX/Linux Servers and secure the servers according to the Policy Compliance Management requirements.
- Manage and work in a UNIX operating system and services.
- Installation, configuration and tuning of RedHat 6 (REHL 6) and RedHat7 (REHL 7) virtual servers
- Configure and maintain Red Hat Satellite System Management Platform.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve UNIX Operating System-based issues from Performance to Configuration
- Backing up and Protecting UNIX environments using platform-specific tools
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management tools, perform server patch management.
- Notify Government and Team members of issues involving performance of the operating environment.
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health.
- Write and debug bash and korn shell scripts to assist in all manner of server management.
- Work with the team and application sponsors to resolve issues that arise in the daily administration of the UNIX/Linux environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems for all applications.
- Support, implement and maintain new applications coming into the environment.
- Present status information on issues and problems at team meetings.
- Document software changes.
- Document problem resolution steps.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution on Linux systems – performance, health, configuration
- Assure best-practices and standards are implemented and adhered to for software systems
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management and monitoring tools
- Notify Team Leader of issues involving performance of the operating environment
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
- Interface with the customer on a daily basis
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Software Programmer at Stennis Space Center, MS.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and hold a Department of Defense security clearance. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen.
Seeking a motivated and energetic Software Developer to join our superb team of software professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to learn and expand their Java/C/C# and scripting expertise.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Summary of position:
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Reviews and evaluates software products, systems, and documentation to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards as a member of an Agile Scrum Team.
General Dynamics IT has an immediate opening for an IT Systems Architect at Stennis Space Center, MS
Seeking a motivated and energetic Systems Architect to join our superb team of IT professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to excel and lead our development team to success.
Software Integration is at the core of the GDIT Development Process in delivering the best custom applications to our customers. This role requires coordination and collaboration with many GDIT and Government personnel including Software, Hardware, Systems Integration, Operations, and Release Management personnel.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Functional Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Required Specialized Skills:
• Previous experience in leading technical teams, interacting with senior managers, defining requirements, providing and reviewing work assignments.
• Expert knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
• Systems administration experience (RedHat Linux preferred).
• Experience with routine system upgrades associated with the implementation of new software versioning.
• Experience with IDE such as NetBeans, Eclipse, and JDeveloper.
• Experience developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies (JDBC, Servlets, JSP)
• Experience developing web-based services and SOA
• Experience with relational databases (Oracle/SQL and/or DB2) and Data Modeling
• Experience with Web Server (WebLogic server preferred) WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Glass Fish, and Apache.
• Networking experience to include an understanding of network hardware, protocols, firewalls, and routing.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in all phases of full life cycle applications and systems development
Preferred Skills, Qualifications or Experience:
• Experience with Data Analytics.
• Cloud Migration experience.
• Familiarity with Security Development practices such as OWSP, NIS and FISMA.
•Experience with code management and version control tools
• Applied knowledge of Agile Development Methodology, product development methodologies, database methodologies and software integration
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Strong client relationship management skills
• Experience in the Federal/DoD community a plus
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE SECRET GOVERNMENT CLEARANCE**
IMPACTFUL WORK. SMART SOLUTIONS. MEANINGFUL CAREERS. Come join a fortune 500 company working on a DOD project. Our office has a comfortable dress code and our team spirit is evident in our everyday work environment. We seek a candidate to perform the following tasks:
- Function as Technical Lead for multiple projects
- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
** SECRET GOVERNMENT CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED**
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Tests designed applications.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and testing of mechanical components, apparatus and equipment.
2. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, diagnostic devices and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus, instrumentation or systems of moderate complexity.
6. Constructs components or subassemblies of experimental apparatus or prototype models.
7. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test methods.
8. Work to be performed in the Vertical Launch System (VLS) department. Perfrom a variety of advanced maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials such as Cell/Uptake Hatches, completing Deluge Valve Overhauls, and completing Cell and Uptake Hatch Removal/Installation/Overhauls. Loading and unloading vehicles and other activities in a helping or assisting mode. May perform repairs on machinery. Transport materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required. Assist with shipboard installation of VLS equipment. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced laborers.
Performs maintenance service tasks in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs, and/or installations.
1. Performs advanced maintenance service tasks in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs or installation.
2. Performs routine and non-routine repairs on electrical equipment.
3. Performs repairs on machinery or minor repairs to the structure including painting, plastering, carpentry, plumbing or electrical power.
4. Uses power tools and hand tools.
5. Repairs woodwork using carpentry tools.
6. Estimates time and materials costs of various projects.
7. Requisitions new supplies and equipment.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Work to be performed in the Vertical Launch System (VLS) department. Perfrom a variety of advanced maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials such as Cell/Uptake Hatches, completing Deluge Valve Overhauls, and completing Cell and Uptake Hatch Removal/Installation/Overhauls. Loading and unloading vehicles and other activities in a helping or assisting mode. May perform repairs on machinery. Transport materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required. Assist with shipboard installation of VLS equipment. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced laborers.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.