Click column header to sort
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an opportunity for a Sr. Storage automation Engineer to interact directly with members of the Storage team, Virtualization team, OS Administrators, Middleware team, and developers to assist in the ongoing day-to-day management of the Automation and patching environment supporting all of the Windows environments.
The Sr. Storage Automation Engineer will join our federal client infrastructure team. The successful candidate will experience an unparalleled large-scale enterprise environment with over a thousand physical servers, tens of thousands virtual servers, supporting 35 Peta Bytes of storage capacity, 200,000+ desktops and laptops, running hundreds of mission critical business applications, processing $60+ Billion in annual revenue.
The Sr. Storage Automation Engineer will provide day to day full life cycle support of Middleware servers; including installation, build, hosting design and service deployment, on-site and remote administration, user support, performance monitoring and tuning, and capacity planning.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Storage infrastructure architecture, design, and implementation support
- Provide expert level storage management, maintenance, and automation support
- Perform as primary Storage Administrator in a large enterprise environment
- Perform Patch management tasks to include:
- maintaining current knowledge of available patches
- deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems
- ensuring that patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation
- documenting all associated procedures
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, hardware, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact
- Develop, document, and automate technical processes and procedures as needed
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
Experience in web mapping utilizing open source tools and data to create online and offline use maps in different cartographic styles. They should be familiar with the latest web mapping service endpoints (WMS, WMTS, TMS), data formats (GeoJSON, GML, WKT, KML, Raster Tiles, Vector Tiles), and WebGL rendering. Experience using a text editor to modify cartographic styling sheets in JSON format, to include creating/modifying SVG and PNG sprite sheets. Ability to work in a Linux environment using Amazon Web Services.
Desired Software Experience:
Web Map Editors
-ESRI Vector Style Editor
Web Map Clients
Web Map Hosting Servers
General Dynamics Information Technology, Federal and Civil Service Division, has an opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer to support enterprise wide systems to include system authentication, cyber security efforts, and enterprise load balancing. The enterprise operation is responsible for the server, storage and backup infrastructures consisting of the messaging system which supports approximately 30,000 mailboxes; the authentication and monitoring systems; infrastructure for the financial systems; and mobile enterprise offerings serving 12,000 employees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support cyber security initiatives for the messaging, mobility and Active Directory services
- Support to address new cyber security measures, specifically those dealing with strengthening the security around the use of privileged account management using two-factor authentication and the security hardening of mobility, messaging and authentication infrastructures
- Support is needed to gain engineering personnel with background in the use of public key infrastructure, two-factor authentication, third-party proxy administration software, privileged access management and monitoring, and change auditing and alerting that current personnel lack experience in deploying
- As a member of the team this position requires the incumbent to provide on-call escalation support
- Development, maintenance and enforcement of operational and functional policies/procedures that govern the authentication and mobility infrastructures and enterprise load balancing of the server infrastructure
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
#ISDCJ #DPOST #SC3 #DPOST
Chief Engineer, Information Technology
The Chief Engineer (Information Technology) must possess excellent communication skills, tact and effective listening skills. The position requires consistent follow through and the ability to anticipate questions while being prepared with answers or follow-up. The Chief Engineer (Information Technology) must have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies or comparing technologies to meet the customers need while providing an unbiased opinion; however, the Chief Engineer (Information Technology) must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures. The Chief Engineer (Information Technology) must be a self-disciplined, self-starting professional who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and over-site.
The position requires professional level experience in designing and implementing enterprise level systems and scalable solutions as well as designing and implementing systems management tools to include centralized configuration tools, monitoring tools and management tools.
The Chief Engineer (Information Technology) will support C2MS Chief Technology Officer on high-level design of C2MS frameworks, providing engineering analysis, technical reviews and technical guidance IAW C2MS CTO vision and strategy. Technical writing will be required, as will support of conceptual designs and support of creation of DoDAF compliant artifacts and personnel who will contribute to C2MS alignment of creating deliverables and support for milestones regarding AFSOC D&E processes (e.g., Course of Action briefings, PDR/CDR activities, etc).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides program technical direction with respect to hardware and software definition, design, development, test, implementation, and maintenance for the specific customer site
- Identifies future technical requirements
- Develops strategies to provide the required technical related resources in a timely manner in order to meet the AFSOC and DoD missions
- Provides guidance and advice on the design, development, fielding, and maintenance of telecommunication and weapon systems
- Represents the project at senior level technical briefings
- Identifies technical personnel requirements for new program positions
- Reviews capabilities of potential new hire technical expert candidates to ensure they meet job requirements
- Oversees the application of corporate and Government policies and procedures at all program locations
- Solicits feedback from the top leaders/managers in the customer community to determine the quality of performance of AFSOC enterprises, and takes the necessary action to correct any deficiencies
- MS plus 10 years of experience working with Commercial IT industry and the DoD in a technical capacity, Must have demonstrated practical experience in the area(s) of Perform detailed analysis, design, code development, integration, and test software components, services, scripts, and applications for computer based systems supporting Special Operations Forces.
- Must be able to:
- Perform and support rapid development efforts to satisfy critical mission needs and new innovative capabilities that enable delivery of real-world combat effects.
- Enhance and update existing software components, services, and applications for integration with new and/or updated hardware and software.
- Create and/or update build definitions for configuring and deploying software components, services, and applications.
- Design and configure environment for modeling, simulation, and testing.
- Design and develop utility programs and tools.
- Work with cross-functional teams following Agile Development Methods supporting daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, tasking, and reviews.
- Provide technical support to intra-organizational staff on a regular basis as well as infrequent contact with inter-organizational staff and outside customers and vendors for technical expertise.
- Create or update program documents such as: Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software Design Document (SDD), Interface Control Document (ICD), Software Test Descriptions (STD), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), etc.
- Provide technical direction to junior software personnel.
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core Hours 0800-1500
Serve as primary POC/liaison with other IC partners, public, and other customer offices. Assist organizing All-Hands events, coordinate scheduling and planning meeting/events to include scheduling rooms, sending invitations and confirming attendance. Update phone cards, submit access requests for incoming/departing personnel and visitors, and ensure office records are up to date. Manage calendars for 4 Senior Executives. Must be able to deconflict schedules. Must be comfortable of interacting with Senior level management from outside offices, verbally and in writing. Track and maintain office supplies. Responsible for the disposal of any equipment or materials. Disseminate office publication to internal and external mailing lists. Receive and route incoming correspondence to correct recipients.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
The Sanctions Investigator/ Targeter will participate in and conduct investigations of economic sanctions targets, including major complex international terrorist organizations, narcotics trafficking organizations, weapons of mass destruction proliferators, and other targets such as foreign extremists and regimes to determine whether the target of the investigation meets the criteria.
Directly support investigations of and serve as an expert technical authority on designation investigations in one of several program areas including transnational criminal organizations/cybercrime, counter-narcotics, terrorism, proliferation and country or regime-focused programs.
These investigations require reviewing and analyzing a wide range of law enforcement information, financial and business data, national security and intelligence information, and other foreign and domestic governmental and private sector information.
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
Performs various advanced administrative and secretarial duties in support of a company or customer executive. Typically supports executive(s) at the VP level.
Core Hours: 8:00/9:00am start time
Calendar Support for Senior Leadership. Will Maintain office meeting room calendar. Serve as the focal point to welcome visitors/guests. Assist group meeting and event planning (weekly staff meetings, monthly administrative meetings) and report back to group management and executing taskings. Responsible for submitting access requests. Prepare vouchers and travel arrangements. Develop and implement new check in/check-out process to include FAQs and How to guide. Responsible for updating POC lists. Track status of memos/packages. Prepare panel books, mailing archiving, filing ,faxing, copying, and scanning documents.Lead Front Office actions. Compile weekly status reports. Attend/participate in meetings. Keep management informed on pertinent matters. Excellent verbal and communication skills. Excellent editing/proofreading skills. Experience in taking minutes, detailed notes for Seniors. Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
1. Prepares and types correspondence, reports, presentation materials, and memoranda, usually of a confidential nature.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls and responds to routine inquiries.
3. Prepares and maintains files and other records.
4. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
5. May take dictation and transcribe notes.
6. Processes expense reports.
7. Creates spreadsheets and maintains databases.
8. May provide work leadership to less-experienced administrative staff.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Sr. Field Technician
Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
General Dynamics is seeking a Sr. Field Technician for our Air Force customer in Alaska. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
The GDIT Air Defense Communications Service program and its employees have the responsibility of maintaining 99.999% availability for the DoD/Air Force Air Defense Communications Systems, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Sr. Technicians are responsible for field level network operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and implementation of services for a diverse scope of communications systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Operations and Maintenance of Communications Systems
Installs communications systems in accordance with the respective installation spec.
Troubleshooting and support
End-user support and training
Administers network security
Backs up file server data/disks
Provides complex server maintenance
May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
Participates in special projects as required
Focused on identifying customer needs and maintaining customer satisfaction
Functional knowledge of routers, switches, and related network hardware and software
Functional knowledge of the principles and techniques used in network operations
Functional knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
Functional knowledge of system security and information assurance
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.