Click column header to sort
The purpose of this position is to manage the Service Desk for the U.S. State Department’s Consular Affairs Enterprise Infrastructure Operations (CAEIO) team. The CAEIO team provides mission critical information technology (IT) resources to approximately 250 overseas posts including domestic Passport Agencies, Visa Processing Centers, Department of State annexes, and contractor sites. The team also supports approximately 10,000 worldwide clients including 1,200 Consular Affairs customers at locations in the Washington DC National Capitol Region. The ideal candidate should have 8+ years of managing Service Desk team of 20+ employees and over 5,000 calls/month. He/She must also be ITIL Certified.
Manages the help desk and technical support operations for a major group, office, Division, or customer.
1. Manages all activities related to the staffing and operation of an information systems help desk.
2. Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
3. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.
6. Studies and projects support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
7. Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job)
The Secondary Firearms Instructor (SFI) supports the Lead Firearms Instructor (LFI) during the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) Requalification Training sessions. The SFI assists the LFI as directed in the preparation; completion; and post session clean-up requirements of all FFDO Semi-annual Firearms Requalification sessions.
Ensures student safety during dry-fire and live-fire training venues.
- The SFI provides one-on-one instruction to students during the pre-qualification (warm-up) course of fire; and any remedial training as designated by the LFI.
- The SFI must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate law enforcement training concepts and issues to a diverse audience; and must possess the demonstrated ability to instruct in accordance with the principles of basic adult education; as well as platform and practical area instruction for law enforcement.
- The SFI must have the ability to interpret; apply; and adhere to established program policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and lesson plans.
- The SFI keeps all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a part time on call, Lead Firearms Instructor:
Lead Firearms Instructors (LFIs) are the first point of contact for Federal Flight Deck Officers when they arrive at the training venue, are responsible for checking them in, verifying weapons and credentials, conducting training and overseeing the course of fire at the gun-range. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all personnel on the range and securing SSI and SPII information during and after requalification sessions.
- LFIs conduct all classroom instruction; delivering the approved TSA training and safety brief, introducing and describing new equipment, and ensuring all students understand and sign the safety briefing. The LFI ensures a minimum number of SFIs are present to maintain an instructor/student ratio of 1:6 for each training session.
- The LFI must ensure a sufficient inventory of training supplies is on-hand at the training venue to support monthly requalification sessions.
- The LFI is expected to maintain positive control of the training environment from the moment students arrive at the venue to the moment they depart. Upon students’ arrival, the LFIs must verify weapons and credentials of each FFDO before training commences by visual inspection.
- The LFI is responsible for ensuring proper scoring of targets, completion of applicable administrative forms, and collection of training data. The LFI is required sign and certify qualification scores for all FFDOs attempting to qualify. Failure of an FFDO to qualify also means that an authorized FAMS Representative and/or LFI takes custody of the unloaded weapon, transport device (lockbox), credential and other equipment for return to TSA/FAMS. If no authorized FAMS representative is present to receive the equipment, the LFI shall make immediate verbal notification to the FFDO Program Office in order to make the appropriate arrangements to return equipment and credentials.
- The LFI must keep all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2, Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy. The LFI is oversees time keeping of all SFI labor hours.
- The LFI must comply with internal compliance training events.
- May participate in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
- Updates course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced instructors.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides complex server maintenance.
8. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
2 years exp, Bachelor’s degree (or experience in lieu of education). Experience working with Army data management systems, Windows Server 2008/2013 system administration, Server/Client environments, Active Directory and Group Policies, Red Hat Linux, VMware ESX or other Virtualization experience with direct experience in the set up and management of Windows Domains, ability to perform FISMA, DoD Directive 8500.1, 8500.2 and ensure compliance with Risk Management Framework requirements, ability to lift 35pounds, perform duties and travel in extreme weather conditions and at height (helicopter travel, mountaintops, elevated walk areas, and towers); Secret Clearance.
Here’s an opportunity to work for the US Air Force’s most storied and advanced Distributed Training operation. Winner of numerous US Air Force and US Department of Defense training awards over the last 18 years, the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) at Kirtland AFB, NM is the Air Force’s primary hub for distributed combat training exercises, testing and experimentation. Through the DMOC, warfighters at locations around the globe face realistic environments to practice tactics and procedures in highly-realist training environments. The DMOC architecture integrates synthetic (virtual and/or constructive) simulations across various networks to support a battlespace that accurately models adversary and friendly weapons and weapons systems, focusing on Command, Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems. Integrating live, virtual and constructive (LVC) elements, the DMOC paves the way to bridge the gap for fifth generation training in air, space, and cyber domains. This is your chance to influence an industry leader as the DMOC moves to the next level of exceptional training capabilities.
We are looking for innovative and forward-thinking software test engineers to help us create a state-of-the-art battlespace and the testing and tools to manage it. The DMOC is on the verge of moving the Air Force to the next level of advanced distributed training, and the skills we’re searching for may include:
- Software testing of developed software in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience working in an agile, collaborative software development team
- Familiarity with acceptance testing, regression testing and automatic testing and tools
Design and develop tests and test requirements for systems, software and/or related components and equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems/test anomalies and document findings.
- Work closely with software developers to rectify findings.
- Work with DMOC partners to execute acceptance tests and document findings.
- Define testing processes and ensure tests adhere to established standards.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced test engineers.
- May participate in code review of software products depending on candidate skillset.
- May participate in the design and coding of software products depending on candidate skillset.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Participate in quality assurance plan development.
Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of a DOD IA architecture, system, or system component for use within CE (computing environment), NE (network environment), and/or enclave environments. Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Host Base Security System (HBSS) highly preferred.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Lead Technician, Systems – Field Service Technician (L2) - Network Operations Center Technician
Location: Charlottesville, VA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS3 Field Service Technician will:
- Provide Tier I and II support of Network issues, trouble calls and incidents
- Perform initial troubleshooting, diagnosis and capture of incident information
- Determine when TIER III resources needed and if necessary, coordinate for action
- Oversee & track the maintenance schedule to ensure completion and minimize downtime
- Provide advice, training and initial basic troubleshooting to end users
- Troubleshoot and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Compile reports of outages, trends and analysis of pertinent health information of IT Systems
- Set up administrator and service accounts and maintain system documentation
- Monitor and report Solar Winds alarms, work with TIER III Engineers for corrective actions
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Familiarity with Solar Winds and theory of operation
- Understanding of Cryptographic Technology and how it impacts network operations
- Basic understanding of MS SharePoint for dissemination of information
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment Certification or higher: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment certification: MTA 98-349, Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Certification requirements can always change based on the contractual or customer requirement to support the customer’s mission.
- TS/SCI required
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
- Travel may be required in support of customer’s mission requirements.
- 7.5% differential pay
- This position is at night, weekends and holidays.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Provide Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Solaris and Linux system administration support during the core work hours and on-call support for non-core hours as approved by the COR or QAP:
Provide Level III CFP backchannel support.
Provide compliance with USAF/DIA directives, including but not limited to Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alerts (ICVA).
Sustain server, storage and workstation infrastructure in compliance with Command Cyber Readiness Inspection criteria.
Provide documented Operational views of new installations and upgrades and comply with all governance.
Sustain remote management services and connectivity for ~10,000 fiber-connected desktops,~200 help desk tickets per month; maintain self-serve software application catalogs with ~100 titles responding to new requests within 5 business days.
Enterprise includes primarily Solaris and RHEL operating systems (OS).
Enterprise programs and applications to be supported are: NIS, DNS, Vintela Authentication Services, RedHat Satellite Server, Zenoss Enterprise Network Modeling, Oracle, BMC/Remedy, Jumpstart, NetBackup, StorNext HSM, Veritas HSM, Veritas Clusters, IBRIX, ZFS, VMWare, Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM), Virtual Box, Samba, Apache, Tomcat, Oracle Web Services, eXmeritus, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Firefox, Adobe, Symantec, Secure Messaging and Routing Terminal Server (Smart) and Smart.neXt, VMWare ESX and Consolidated Backup Server, and YUM repositories, Open Office and various programming/scripting languages including Fortran, C, C++, Perl, Java, Bourne and Korn Shell.
Enterprise services to be supported are the enterprise message system and electronic records management
Maintain/administer/update Unix/Linux products, applications and services.
Maintain/administer/update approved third party Unix/Linux applications.
Provide functional utilization reports as requested.
Build/maintain/administer license servers.
Perform Certificate to Operate (CTO) testing and produce test result reports in accordance with provided guidance provide support for operating system and third party application Server and Workstation products.
Create/maintain custom ad hoc scripting.
Maintain Domain Name Service administration and configuration integrated across Windows/Unix.
Maintain/update Kickstart server/workstation builds.
Maintain/update NIS maps.
Provide Network File System (NFS) support.
Maintain/update custom Samba services.
Maintain/update programming/scripting languages and libraries.
Install and maintain security/update patches for Linux and Solaris.
Develop configuration management tools including but not limited to Root_disk_dump, Useradd, and Qservers.
Write custom Oracle queries/reports and/or developing Perl modules to obtain additional required data from workstations/servers.
Write API Satellite Perl scripts for queries management of server and clients and API scripts to manage Red Hat Satellite server and its clients.
Develop scripts to maintain integrity of critical network services (DNS, NIS, LDAP, VAS password synchronization) between Solaris, Linux and Windows.
Perform functionality testing before application installation and regression testing post-install and generating before-after reporting.
Develop new and maintain existing ad hoc customer-scripting supporting administrative requirements.
Develop local processes and scripts to ensure consistent updates, along with on-linked hourly/daily/monthly backups of critical source files.
Configure, maintain, update, and monitor samba services wherever customer Windows clients need access to enterprise class Hitachi SAN and NAS storage.
Maintain both Red Hat and Custom Software channels on Red Hat Satellite servers Redhat Package Manager (RPM) repositories by downloading RPM updates to be sent to Satellite clients.
Administer Windows domain accounts and groups while keeping each integrated with Linux accounts and groups.
Ensure proper client versions are being used and configurations are kept compliant.
Provide UNIX/Linux VAS access controls to all UNIX/Linux servers and clients.
Provide complete network modeling detailing all network equipment, servers and workstations.
Ensure all SAM-QFS file systems are active and able to stage files.
Perform HSM database checks and tape library maintenance.
Provide Useradd application support.
Perform firmware upgrades.
Provide pre/post-maintenance test scriptage (qservers).
Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
Troubleshoot system performance problems and make system modifications to accommodate hardware upgrades.
Provide Solaris system and network configuration and administration.
Provide Sendmail and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) support.
Document installations, removals, and change requests using the CCR process. Gather technical information in support of the CCR process to include microcode software updates, license software changes, and updates to antivirus applications. Submit a government CCR documenting the change and receiving approval prior to completing the modification.
We are seeking a Senior Linux System Administrator responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The system administration tasking will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise. This individual is accountable for Linux, and application systems that support infrastructure.
Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual operation.
Key duties include maintaining operating systems (primarily Linux), application support, integration, design, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team. Some Windows System Administration expertise is preferable.
Responsibilities include: Linux OS patching, file and server backups, maintaining group policies, booting servers, troubleshooting server issues, and managing print server installs, updates, and permissions. Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and software. Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades.
Demonstrated experience - Linux administration
Demonstrated experience - VMWare administration (AWS/cloud knowledge/expertise a plus)
Minimum two (2) years of experience with clustered machines with technologies like Hadoop, Cloudera, or Greenplum.
Proficient with scripting Linux functions (e.g. Perl, BASH)
Proficient with shell scripting, creating cron jobs, analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups
Knowledgeable of IC system security requirements and approval process
Effectively communicate (verbal and written) in a professional manner with technical and non-technical personnel
Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage
Install and configure systems which support infrastructure and/or R&D activities
Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and processes
Contribute to and maintain system standards
Contribute to and maintain security posture of the system in accordance customer direction
Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks
Install and update security patches on the operational and development system, document compliance
Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the availability of all server resources, systems and key processes
Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up
Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
Create, change, and delete user accounts per request as necessary
Repair and recover from system failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. 1
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
to see your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act.
for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
GDIT participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details
GDIT participa en E-Verify. Descargue el PDF para más detalles.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of General Dynamics IT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at General Dynamics. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.